Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Liverpool - Match Thread

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I fear. We have two regular mistake players in here: Ndidi (worst) and Tielemans (random).

I call for Mendy - I blame Rodgers for dropping him earlier in the year. Unless you are a flashy player, it is difficult for a new manager to appreciate someone like Mendy in the first couple of games in charge, especially if Shakey is here. I did fear Mendy not being in the first team when Smith came in that would be an issue and it is now proving to be the case.

We played our best football with Mendy in the team against Spurs and Villa. Then he had a normal game, like everyone else, then he was immediately dropped for Ndidi and we began a catastrophic downfall!! Smith was right to drop Ndidi a few games ago, but he is desperate and has chosen the wrong defensive midfielder. If he has watched our earlier games, he would realize how having Mendy helps the team beat the press better and make less mistakes. With Ndidi - we put ourselves under constant pressure to make mistakes because Ndidi goes into hiding or otherwise makes mistakes himself. Very unhappy with this.

I pray, but this is not our best team. If not Mendy, then Praet would be a good alternative. He is smart and will be helpful in attacks.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

if they were all at their best that midfield wouldn't be too bad actually, Wilf to shield, Bouba to link, Youri to play forward. all depends on Wilf and Youri finally finding their feet again

I think they were amputated last season mate

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Unless Soumare, Ndidi and Tielemans have had brain transplants we are f###### f#####.

Mate, having Ndidi in the team definitely makes our team 50% less capable. Even if we miraculously win, it will only be through luck. Watch, just watch how we will fu.ken struggle in getting the ball up and how we would rush it because of our DCM does not know how to do the basics. Watch how he will receive the ball less than 5 times each half from our defender where he will pass forward and help the team up instead of passing back to our CBs or goalie before they panick and hit it long. 

Edited by Tom12345

RE midfield (sorry trades description act) If KDH wasn't an option, other than bringing in Tete RW with Maddison AM, surely Mendy in for Ndidi, possibly Praet in for Soumare what would the best option have been tonight? I despise the fact that Youri and Soumare are handed a start again after their light jog around Craven Cottage last week but who would you have picked? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

No point in moaning. Based on this season there is no combination that wins this game 🤣 just let it go

This is sad but so true. We’ve all whinged to have 2 up top, Ihenacho from the start, Ward dropped, Praet, Ricardo in, Ricardo out, we’ve had about 12 different CB partnerships and It doesn’t bloody matter, we’re rubbish😂😂