Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Liverpool - Match Thread

From what I’ve seen of Souttar so far I didn’t think he’s been anywhere near as bad as the 4th choice centre back we obviously see him as. At least he’d actually offer some threat from set pieces compared to the same shambles of Maddison trying to shoot from an impossible angle or trying to hit Faes or Soyuncu on that far post run.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan

ANYONE think we have a chance?

Or is it all gloom and doom?

And what side did everyone think we’d play? KDH has been getting pelters for months so I’m assuming most are happy he’s not involved?

🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

Not made a tackle in 3 games but probably one of the first names on the team sheet for Deano

Why would you make this decision start him? He is bound to give at least a goal away each game. Even with his so called defensive prowess, which there is no longer, wouldn’t the goals he give away count against that decision? The point is to prevent a goal? Not sure that his mistakes will be worth it just because he supposed to be good at making a tackle??

Edited by Tom12345

Just now, Col city fan said:

ANYONE think we have a chance?

Or is it all gloom and doom?

And what side did everyone think we’d play? KDH has been getting pelters for months so I’m assuming most are happy he’s not involved?

🤷‍♂️

Dropping Cags is more confusing. Especially as we've got 2 left backs on the bench but no room for the defender who's shown a bit of desire.

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Why would you make this decision start him? He is bound to give at least a goal away each game. Even with his so called defensive prowess, which there is no longer, would the goals he give away count against that decision? The point is to prevent a goal? Not hope that his mistakes will be worth it because he makes a tackle??

Agreed. Take the tackling stats out of his game and you’re left solely with the self destruct Wilf 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Heard on RL that Dean Smith had no idea who the out of contract players were before he joined. I smell BS on that anyway. But if it is true, I guess he’s just been told that Cags is off? 😂

He probably doesn't care to be honest. He's been brought in for 8 games, not worrying about contract issues with players.

Guest bennytwohats
1 minute ago, Corky said:

All of those who didn't want Jesse Marsch looking a bit silly now eh?

Not really?

I'd sooner have thrown Mendy and KDH in there for a bit of energy but let's not kid ourselves, they're hardly world beaters and have come in for plenty of criticism on here in the past. Truth is very little has worked this season. The bit of success we did have before the w/c came when soumare and tielemans played in a 3 so let's hope they can show some of that form again

No Mendy and KDH is a strange one for me given our midfield woes. Even more, we’ve been leaking goals but at least they were gaining some familiarity as a CB pairing. Evans hasn’t played in ages and this could be an intense game