Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who would you keep for the Championship?

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

How do we "release" players who are under contract?

The only way is to reach an agreement whereby the club pays them all/part of what they are due to earn from the remainder of their contracts. But they are under no obligation to agree to anything. They can just sit it out and watch the money roll in if they want à la Vestergaard.

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The only way is to reach an agreement whereby the club pays them all/part of what they are due to earn from the remainder of their contracts. But they are under no obligation to agree to anything. They can just sit it out and watch the money roll in if they want à la Vestergaard.

Exactly. People go on like we can just dump players that are under contract. 

• Like 2

We might be in a league lower, a league where Luton, Coventry Sunderland have thrived.

Iversen

Justin Souttar/ Faes/ Amartey  Castagne/Thomas

KDH Praet Ricardo Soumare

Vardy/Daka/ Kel

Accept we will lose key players if we do go down, finances really tighten if we don’t go back up in first season

Vardy became the Premier league player he was after the championship

Obviously need a defensive mid

I would suggest that set of players are “better” than any of the three teams listed in first line….anyway 90 minutes to go yet….

On 24/05/2023 at 13:33, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Personally, if I was Vestergaard I'd take exactly the same stance. He was sold a pup by the muppet Rodgers so,  why move and uproot his family, for the same or less money than he's on,  to possibly a place he doesn't really want to go to? It's just a job and if I was him I'd say bollocks too!

However, for those who won't move, they have to be at every training on time and put the same effort in as everyone else or they would be fined accordingly but legally every time. 

• Like 1

Iverson

Justin Soutter Faes Kristiansen

Albrighton KDH Hamza Barnes

Vardy Daka

That’s not a terrible platform to build from tbf. Barnes we might need to sell but I think his stock has dropped so not sure we’d get appropriate offers.

Edited by Mad Dog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mad Dog said:

Iverson

Justin Soutter Faes Kristiansen

Albrighton KDH Hamza Barnes

Vardy Daka

That’s not a terrible platform to build from tbf. Barnes we might need to sell but I think his stock has dropped so not sure we’d get appropriate offers.

You’re not the first person to suggest a CM pairing of KDH and Hamza but think people forget that you still need creativity in the Championship.

I’d be happy rotating the two but we would not get promoted with a midfield pairing of Hamza and KDH 🙈

• Like 1

On 15/05/2023 at 22:17, TheFiveTime said:

Iverson Justin Souttar New Player Kristenson

Choudary KDH new player new player

Iheanacho Daka

...we struggle to find one winger now you are asking us to find two!!!

In all seriousness, there are a lot of players outthere who could be exciting to bring in, the new season could be a lot more exciting than people seem to think.

• Like 1

On 15/05/2023 at 22:02, ARTY_FOX said:

Keleci, vardy, cags (obviously we won't keep cags or kel) the rest can go. Awful. 

****ing hell has KDH got multiple accounts on here or something? He's a shit as they come.

You say that but even in the prem this season, our record with KDH starting is far superior. He has some weaknesses but he’s probably one of the better central midfielders currently at the club. Certainly above Ndidi, Soumare and maybe even Tielemans on current form. 

In a team playing with confidence and with the guidance of a good manager, I’m sure he will look better. At least he also puts a shift in which is a lot less then many of these guys give.

From this squad I’d keep Vardy (complete football by winning promotion again), Kelechi (unlikely), Souttar, KDH, Hamza, Thomas, JJ, Ricardo (if no decent offers are available), VK, Iverson, and Mendy (if possible).

We should definitely ship out Soumare and Daka and just take what we can get for them. Faes and Ward likewise. Maddison I’d sell as I can see him performing like Tielemans has done this season. Barnes I would try to hang onto, especially if we only receive 20-30m for him. We would risk losing him for free but he’d be a huge asset in the championship.  If an offer like 50m came in then I’d sell as well.

On 24/05/2023 at 11:54, Leicesterpool said:

It's possible it's going to look a whole new look XI. Which you can't say gives you confidence in terms of bouncing straight back up. As many will say i takes time for the team to gel, players that will remain not that I agree with.

Bounce back can happen either way.  Burnley have done it twice, once by retaining everyone willing to stay and making just two or three good new signings; once by clearing everyone bar half a dozen, and signing a whole new team.  Either can work.

You're right about taking time to gel, though, especially as you have just 10 weeks between games.  Several of Burnley's signings didn't arrive until after the season had started, and we won just 4 of the first 12 (lots of draws).  And we had the World Cup break, only two players missing, to have in effect another pre-season in November.  It'll be tough.

Just make sure you win on Sunday.  I want Leeds down!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

You’re not the first person to suggest a CM pairing of KDH and Hamza but think people forget that you still need creativity in the Championship.

I’d be happy rotating the two but we would not get promoted with a midfield pairing of Hamza and KDH 🙈

I imagine most people are suggesting it because they are likely to be the only defensive mids / centre mids that are going to be in the squad next season from what we currently have

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan

I’ve always maintained that I’d keep Amartey if we get relegated. His level is the Championship.

Of course, it would have to be on a significantly lower contract, salary wise. 
But Amartey and Souttar would be fine in the Championship. Personally I’d sell Faes. Just don’t rate him at all now.

7 hours ago, oadby.fox said:

You say that but even in the prem this season, our record with KDH starting is far superior. He has some weaknesses but he’s probably one of the better central midfielders currently at the club. Certainly above Ndidi, Soumare and maybe even Tielemans on current form. 

In a team playing with confidence and with the guidance of a good manager, I’m sure he will look better. At least he also puts a shift in which is a lot less then many of these guys give.

From this squad I’d keep Vardy (complete football by winning promotion again), Kelechi (unlikely), Souttar, KDH, Hamza, Thomas, JJ, Ricardo (if no decent offers are available), VK, Iverson, and Mendy (if possible).

We should definitely ship out Soumare and Daka and just take what we can get for them. Faes and Ward likewise. Maddison I’d sell as I can see him performing like Tielemans has done this season. Barnes I would try to hang onto, especially if we only receive 20-30m for him. We would risk losing him for free but he’d be a huge asset in the championship.  If an offer like 50m came in then I’d sell as well.

You can point to all of them and say they're having bad seasons but you can also point to them having been spectacular at some point in there careers. KDH is a local lad and that has people on his side. He has nothing else at all. 

17 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

I'd keep Iverson, Thomas, KDH, Hamza, Souttar and Daka. Everyone else I think we can get could fees for/aren't good enough/won't wanna stay.

This is pretty much the ‘realistic’ list I keep coming back to.

I’d add Kristiansen given he only recently joined. I’m not sure which of your above reasons you have omitted him for (could feasibly be any of them).

Of Ricardo and JJ there are questions over injuries. Wouldn’t surprise me to keep one but not the other. 

Vardy is an odd one due to his wages even if a big decrease happens. Just unclear what his move would be if he went.

Id love to keep Nacho but feel he’d have plenty of offers in the Prem.

Of the out of contract lot, I’d really like to keep Mendy but after being consistently overlooked, I’d imagine he’ll take the opportunity to go.

On 26/05/2023 at 11:12, Col city fan said:

I’ve always maintained that I’d keep Amartey if we get relegated. His level is the Championship.

Of course, it would have to be on a significantly lower contract, salary wise. 
But Amartey and Souttar would be fine in the Championship. Personally I’d sell Faes. Just don’t rate him at all now.

We’ll be in big trouble if we think we can get away with Amartey and any of our current defenders as our Championship CB pairing. Desperately need to find an experienced defender who loves defending and who can offer some leadership and organisation in there to partner Souttar.