Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who would you keep for the Championship?

We need a masterstroke like Burnley had last summer in getting Kompany in. They lost so many players but getting that decision right won them the league. 

If we get it right we could go straight back up. If not we better get comfortable in the Championship.

8 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Likely to stay

GKs: Iversen, Smithies

DFs: Justin, Souttar, Kristiansen, Thomas

MFs: KDH, Choudhury

FW: Vardy

Might be able to keep

Mendy, Daka, Nacho, Ricardo

Sell reluctantly

Maddison, Barnes

Sell because I'm sick of them

Ward, Vestegaard, Praet, Ndidi, Bertrand, Amartey, Castagne, Tete, Tielemans, Soyuncu, Faes, Soumare 

Promote from youth

Brunt, Braybrooke, Alves, Maswanhise, Marçal-Madivadua, Opuku

Edited for you chief 👍🏻

Iversen, KDH, Souttar and Kirstiansen are ones that spring to mind as both keep-able and might not be half shit at that level.

Caveating the next few paragraphs as all guesswork but I think we'd be able to flog Daka for a reasonable fee on the basis he's still quite young and did well before joining us, likewise Soumare. Although given their (rumoured) respective wages I can imagine it being a summer of lowball offers from European clubs who know we're up shit creek and need to get them off the books.

Castagne will go back to Italy, Faes will go to a middling side in France or Italy too. Don't think either will struggle for interest, they're rubbish but full Belgian internationals. Kel will easily find another Prem club and we'll flog given his contract situation.

Justin will have suitors but I reckon sides will be hesitant to dip their toes in the water until January. 

Maddison and Barnes are obviously off as is anyone out of contract.

Ricardo is the most questionable one we have, I don't see how we can keep him, nor can I see how he would want to stay, but don't know who'd pick him up?

To be honest, i can't see too many staying anyway. From back to front, those i think won't stay.

Ricardo, Evans (if offered prem by anyone) Timmy, Cags, Vesta, Bertrand, Mendy, Madders, Tiels, Barnes, Tete, praet, Maybe Vards gives it 1 more in the EFL but possibly retires, and i could see Nacho going somewhere like villa or a n other middling prem team. 

What it leaves, well!, lets hope Top has got his crypto stocked, and hopefully Rudderless will have a new edition of FM 23-24. Cause we all know this charlatan will still be DoF next season.

Maddison and Barnes will almost certainly get moves I'd have thought and I'm assuming the out of contract lot are all off.

I'd definitely want to keep Iheanacho but I can't for the life of me see why he'd want to stay - that said, I can't really see why he's stuck around this long so maybe he just really loves it here for whatever reason. Souttar, KDH, Iversen and Daka I could imagine doing well, Kristiansen and/or Thomas might benefit from dropping down a level, after that I'm struggling. How many of the 46 league + however many cup games would we actually have Justin and Ricardo available for? I don't really want to see Castagne, Praet, Faes or Ndidi again no matter what division we're playing in. **** knows what Soumare would be like. Little to no faith in Vardy being able to lead the line for us unless in our absence the offside rule has been abolished at all levels below the Premier League.

As for the returning loanees, Albrighton is finished, Hamza though I don't rate him much at all I can see the value in someone like him as a Championship squad player, Hirst looks a pretty reasonable League One striker and maybe he can step up but he'd probably be better off going somewhere he'd be first choice.

20 minutes ago, Messi said:

We really are ****ed if that’s our midfield next season 😂

Oh no, that’s not my starting midfield 😂😂  

play a 4 2 3 1 in the championship just keeping them around would be good. I think KDH and Mendy would be good players in the champ and bringing the Loughborough lunatic to see out games when needed 

53 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Build the team around Choudhury. Not even joking, we could have done with him in recent months - someone who actually tries.

Build around is a bit too much but his workrate would've been useful instead of these pathetic technical players when their chips are down.