Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who would you keep for the Championship?

Steward in J1, programme sellers 3 and 4, the awake one in the food outlet and the polite lass in the club store, possibly Birch but think he’ll retire and tannoy man can do one, false cheeriness “Come back on the 28th for another slice of s***e at just £65 a ticket folks!”.

And Alves, just hope he recovers well from his surgery. 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Amartey was kept.

He's certainly not prem level as he's proved , but the physicality of the championship,  might suit him better.

Unpopular,  I know

He's one of the reasons we are in this mess. Players always seem to get better when they aren't playing but there is a reason he isn't. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, JonesLCFC said:

We need a masterstroke like Burnley had last summer in getting Kompany in. They lost so many players but getting that decision right won them the league. 

If we get it right we could go straight back up. If not we better get comfortable in the Championship.

Do you trust our board to make the right appointment? 

43 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I hate to say it, and I truly mean that, but I think Vardy has to go so that we can fully start a new chapter. 

What a legend the man is, but I think it’s time.

No one will pay a 36 year old striker as much as we do. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

No one will pay a 36 year old striker as much as we do. 

Unless he has one of those -30-50% relegation clauses. He's had an expensive year too and was relatively late in the game when he got his first major contract. That Rochester New York team must have lost him a lot as a bad investment.  Someone in the US or Middle East might pay him decent money for a year or 2. I'd like to see him fire us back up and leave on a high but who knows. 

Edited by desertfox2
Return
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Unless he has one of those -30-50% relegation clauses. He's had an expensive year too and was relatively late in the game when he got his first major contract. That Rochester New York team must have lost him a lot as a bad investment.  Someone in the US or Middle East might pay him decent money for a year or 2. I'd like to see him fire us back up and leave on a high but who knows. 

Also the Rebeka Vardy court case would have cost him a few million. 

I'm quite worried it's going to be harder to get rid of some of these players than we think. I don't see anyone taking on some of these players on the wages they'll be on: like Ward or Vardy (even after 50%). I think we start next year and a load of them are still here until transfer deadline day. Other teams trying to low ball us; players desperate to leave but still on our books. Us unable to buy new players till we've shifted these ones.

We all used to love to fact that when we sold players we held out for big fees and upset the big clubs. But now the shoes on the other foot. Now all those people we annoyed will try and get revenge. Low balling us till deadline day and maybe wanting higher loan fees.

Worst case scenario is the season starts and a load of them are still hanging round this place and we can't buy who we want. But I hope I'm wrong.

The problem is, many of these players are good enough for the Prem or other top tier clubs and our bargaining price has now lowered. It’s not like a Burnley or Sheff Utd of last season where we’ll be able to keep the core of the squad together. 

We know Tielemans, Soyuncu and Amartey will leave, they’re on a free and the chances are Evans will leave too. 

Maddison will be sold which now you’d expect £40m at best. Barnes will get picked up by someone for £20m. Iheanacho will go for a similar amount if not less. Then you’d expect Castagne will go for £15m odd. Praet £10m. What we have to realise is most of our saleable assets won’t want to play in the championship especially because most of them are international players for top countries. Players like Daka, Soumare will get picked up by European teams. 

For me, the players I’d expect to stay are:

Iversen, Ward, Ricardo, Vestergaard, Souttar, Faes, Kristiansen, Thomas, Justin (only because after his injury record I think teams would be reluctant) KDH, Choudhury. Mendy. Vardy. 

We’ve then got to find the right players that get us back up instantly. If we don’t come back up straight away (which of course at this moment seems a hell of an ask) we’ll be down there for a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Likely to stay

GKs: Iversen, Smithies

DFs: Justin, Souttar, Kristiansen, Thomas

MFs: KDH, Choudhury

FW: Vardy

Might be able to keep

Mendy, Daka, Nacho, Ricardo

Sell reluctantly

Maddison, Faes, Soumare, Barnes

Sell because I'm sick of them

Ward, Vestegaard, Praet, Ndidi, Bertrand, Amartey, Castagne, Tete, Tielemans, Soyuncu

Promote from youth

Brunt, Braybrooke, Alves, Maswanhise, Marçal-Madivadua, Opuku

You'd sell soyuncu  because your sick of him but reluctantly sell soumare?

1 hour ago, blue army 1988 said:

Vardy will be gone. Unpopular opinion but he won't stick around with limiting years to mess about in the championship.

To where? Try and get Sheffield Wednesday promoted from League 1 instead?