Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who would you keep for the Championship?

Iversen

Vardy

Iheanacho

Possibly Souttar, possibly Ricardo, possibly KDH, possibly Kristiansen - and each of those are up for serious debate as well.

Every other one can go immediately. We need new people in to make this happen as well. It can be done if you have the nous.

• Like 1

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Don’t build the team around anyone. As soon as you do that you make them undroppable and monumental big headed pir1cks like Madders has become. 

Build a culture where everyone should strive to be their best and no one automatically gets picked. 

This is spot on, I think we've done this with Maddison and it's been very much to our detriment - no surprise that it's all blown up when the big games arrive too.

Ricky P, Vardy, Nacho, KDH, Iverson, Evans, Thomas, Kristensen, Justin, Soutter, Amarty. 

I think the others could well leave. Get 50 for madders and 40 plus for barns if we don’t make him stay, could get decent money for TC, WN 

Bristol City fan here, if you think Choudhury will help you in the Championship, think again.He was dire when we saw him this season. Miles off what you need. 

You have some very talented players, but it seems, looking in, you lost all of what got you to the title, dismantled slowly but surely. 

You can bounce back in a season, but you need a plan and some defenders. You should not be close to relegation, you have some great players but lost the team spirit and collective. You will be far too good for the Championship. Dean Smith and Shakey will not be the worst choice. 

We are in year 3 of Pearson. He has had to deal with a cluster F of gigantic proportions, but he has got it sorted and we are on the right road now. Many of your fans told us to stick with him and believe. He is getting it right, and we feel a club aligned. It is wonderful to experience, even if the results are not yet there. He is a guy who needs time and support. As you know. I think we all search for the short term, when in reality, when you get a great team, you need to stick it out and keep going.

Anyway, the Championship is not so bad, it has some great teams. If ou get the summer right, you should walk a promotion. 

• Thanks 2

Daka 

EFL Winger, Iheanacho, EFL Winger 

KDH, Ndidi

Kristiansen, Faes, Souttar, JJ 

Iversen 

With a manager who can come in and really lift everyone's spirits, that team wins the Championship at a canter. Or it should. 

They're all under long term deals except Nacho, probably aren't paid massively, would expect most to be staying. 

Going to need to recruit well at LW and RW, go and pick up some young, talented players from the football league - the next Bowen, Eze, Olise, etc. Cash in on Barnes, Madders, Castagne, what's left of Praet, etc. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oz was my hero said:

You'd sell soyuncu  because your sick of him but reluctantly sell soumare?

Tbh I've not liked Soyuncu for a long time. Definitely should have been playing more this season, but that speaks more to how awful the other options are.

Soumare looked awful for 18 months but now I think he was being played in a way that highlighted his weaknesses and hid his strengths. He is not a defensive midfielder. I've thought he's been one of our best players since Rodgers left. Again, not saying much admittedly...

Fair enough if you think differently. There's legitimately an argument to selling the entire squad and starting again from scratch.

Edited by LeePhilpottsBaldSpot

Midfield wise, surprised by the lack of people saying Mendy. I think he's one who will give us much needed quality and composure in the league below, he's never really let us down in the PL so he'll do really well a league below.

and let's get KDH and Choudhury haring around. 

Soumare might be worth a punt too I reckon, he is physical, and if he's no good or doesn't fancy it we can look to sell him on. 

Our defence will be fine, Thomas, VK, Souttar, Faes, JJ

Up front, up wide, and creatively we'll have issues. Try and keep Kel and build around him. Rest can go even JV. We'll need a playmaker to replace Tielemans, Maddisons creativity and two wingers. Tete needs to go waste of space and Barnes will be off. 

I'm excited for the change and hopefully a new style of play, less pace and more solidity and physicality please.