Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who would you keep for the Championship?

1 minute ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

You named 7? lol

lol fair. No, I literally mean people in this thread who said Iverson and Kristiansen and said bin the rest and those saying Souttar and KDH aren’t good enough for the championship.

Also, I would name more who I would keep but don’t think they would. Those are the names I think are genuinely realistic and good enough.

If we could, Ricardo and/or JJ?

Id keep Choudhury and Albrighton (wages dependant) as squad players as they have the right attitude.

I’d imagine Ward and Smithies will stick around so we’d have our GK’s.

Nacho and Barnes would go along with Maddison, Tielemans and Cags.

Vardy…unclear of his situation.

Evans and Amartey I want to see gone on frees along with Bertrand. Vesty might go now we’re going down and if he wages will be cut.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

lol fair. No, I literally mean people in this thread who said Iverson and Kristiansen and said bin the rest and those saying Souttar and KDH aren’t good enough for the championship.

Also, I would name more who I would keep but don’t think they would. Those are the names I think are genuinely realistic and good enough.

If we could, Ricardo and/or JJ?

Id keep Choudhury and Albrighton (wages dependant) as squad players as they have the right attitude.

I’d imagine Ward and Smithies will stick around so we’d have our GK’s.

Nacho and Barnes would go along with Maddison, Tielemans and Cags.

Vardy…unclear of his situation.

Evans and Amartey I want to see gone on frees along with Bertrand. Vesty might go now we’re going down and if he wages will be cut.

Good point about Vestergaard, I thought we’d be stuck paying him 70k a week even though I knew about the contract clause :facepalm:

19 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Burnley lost the majority of their best players and the core of their squad

Had to sign 10+ players permanently / on loan last summer, a lot of which have been key players for them this season

They had to have the same kind of squad turnover we will have

They got a manager in with a footballing brain which was really key. 

On 16/05/2023 at 01:54, Dan LCFC said:

Iversen

Vardy

Iheanacho

Possibly Souttar, possibly Ricardo, possibly KDH, possibly Kristiansen - and each of those are up for serious debate as well.

Every other one can go immediately. We need new people in to make this happen as well. It can be done if you have the nous.

And a goalkeeping coach who can teach how to kick and distribute

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I keep thinking about this and whilst could be risky depending on two academy players who have been out for a period of time BUT what’s the latest on Braybrooke and Alves?

They should definitely be in the squad, like match day squad. Wouldn’t risk them as starters but if they can get plenty of minutes and for this to be increased as the season goes on all being well, that would be a good development path for them.

Is Alves more of a central attacking midfield or a wide player?

16 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Good point about Vestergaard, I thought we’d be stuck paying him 70k a week even though I knew about the contract clause :facepalm:

It seems to have come out in recent days about wages reductions. However he paints it, he hasn’t moved for the finances so hopefully he’ll go. 

High risk 

Maddison

Barnes

Castagne

Nacho

Medium risk

Soumare 

Daka 

Ndidi

Praet

Kristiansen

Justin

Ward

Minimal risk

Thomas

KDH

Vardy

Souttar

Iversen

Ricardo

Faes

Choudhury 

Albrighton 

Castagne has always been linked away to Italy. The top four in medium risk I can see leaving but maybe only on loan abroad. Ndidi or Soumare to someone West Ham possibly. Wouldn't surprise me if Ricardo has no takers, do get the sense he cares a little more than others as well. No idea where to put Vestergaard lol Our of contract players not included 

Way too much time on my hands today, Matthias Jaissle should be our absolute #1 Target if he doesn't get a top-flight offer which I suspect he might.
Real fag packet stuff here but I will also throw in some "Wages saved" taking info from around the internet although obviously take this with a huge amount of salt.

Keep:

Iversen

Smithies

Justin

Thomas

Mendy 

KDH (on the basis he becomes a CDM)
Faes

Kristiansen (Not really done much but he jumped into the fire signing for us, a season under a new young manager may give him the stability to grow into the role and be prem ready should we go back up)
Iheanacho

Daka 

Vardy (IF he has a monstrous wage cut in his contract and wants to stay, I personally think he will be off to USA)

Sell/Release:

Vardy (If he doesnt have a big enough wage cut clause) 140k per week saved
Castagne (£15-200m) 60-80k per week saved
Ndidi (£25m) 70-80k per week saved
Praet (£10m) 60k per week saved
Soumare (£20m) 80k per week saved
Evans 100k per week saved
Bertrand 80k per week saved
Vestergaard (£5m or Loan out) 80k per week saved
Soyuncu 50-60k per week saved
Barnes (£40m) 40k per week saved
Ward 40k per week saved
Tielemans 100k per week saved
Maddison (£50m) 110k per week saved
Amartey 40k per week saved
Pereira (£10m) 80k per week saved
Souttar (This is just a personal one, I don't rate him at all, but would not be sad if he stayed) 30-40k per week saved

Perez 60-80k per week saved

Albrighton 40k per week saved
Choudhury - 30k per week saved

On the lower estimates that's a saving of 1m a week in wages. Reducing the wage bill from 180m to somewhere in the region of 120-130m give or take + Brendans fortune, then the money received for the above sales would amount to £150m+. 

Core championship squad should we get relegated based on Jaissles 4-3-1-2/442 (His formations are fluid and are only basically there on paper, they play all sorts of different formations in every phase of the game)

image.png.0e762bb14fec11176805c61fafd64129.pngimage.png.b35e84b300293de5d38f6966152e8768.png

Bench: Marcal-Madivadua, Braybrooke, Brunt, Smithies, Thomas, 
To sign: 
- Young RB
- 2x CB 
- Young CM/CAM
- Young ST if Vardy leaves

Not so much who we keep but who want's to stay too.

Can guarantee those clubs going up will want some of these, others will hot foot it out to where ever.

So you need a new manager in pretty early to throw some kind of plan together and they will obviously want to bring in a player or two from their old club, if they are currently employed.

On 20/05/2023 at 14:41, cityfanlee23 said:

Sell/Release:

Vardy (If he doesnt have a big enough wage cut clause) 140k per week saved - Won't leave
Castagne (£15-200m) 60-80k per week saved - Not as good as a lot of people think, no one's paying that fee nor his wages
Ndidi (£25m) 70-80k per week saved - Not a chance someone pays £25m for him now lol 
Praet (£10m) 60k per week saved - Lucky to get half that, Torino got up to about £8m last summer didn't they? One less year on his contract now and he's hardly done anything to raise his value
Soumare (£20m) 80k per week saved - See above
Evans 100k per week saved - Yeah
Bertrand 80k per week saved - Yeah
Vestergaard (£5m or Loan out) 80k per week saved - No one's paying a fee for him, nor will they match his wage demand. Stuck with him. 
Soyuncu 50-60k per week saved - Yeah
Barnes (£40m) 40k per week saved - Yeah
Ward 40k per week saved - Who's taking him? He's been exposed as an absolute joke. 
Tielemans 100k per week saved - Yeah
Maddison (£50m) 110k per week saved - Think we'll get about £35m for him.
Amartey 40k per week saved - Yeah
Pereira (£10m) 80k per week saved - Who's paying that fee and wage for someone who's permanently injured? 
Souttar (This is just a personal one, I don't rate him at all, but would not be sad if he stayed) 30-40k per week saved - clearly staying 

Perez 60-80k per week saved - THANK FVCK

Albrighton 40k per week saved - Yeah
Choudhury - 30k per week saved - Wouldn't be surprised if he stays now, depends on the manager 

• Like 1

On 20/05/2023 at 14:41, cityfanlee23 said:

Way too much time on my hands today, Matthias Jaissle should be our absolute #1 Target if he doesn't get a top-flight offer which I suspect he might.
Real fag packet stuff here but I will also throw in some "Wages saved" taking info from around the internet although obviously take this with a huge amount of salt.

Keep:

Iversen

Smithies

Justin

Thomas

Mendy 

KDH (on the basis he becomes a CDM)
Faes

Kristiansen (Not really done much but he jumped into the fire signing for us, a season under a new young manager may give him the stability to grow into the role and be prem ready should we go back up)
Iheanacho

Daka 

Vardy (IF he has a monstrous wage cut in his contract and wants to stay, I personally think he will be off to USA)

Sell/Release:

Vardy (If he doesnt have a big enough wage cut clause) 140k per week saved
Castagne (£15-200m) 60-80k per week saved
Ndidi (£25m) 70-80k per week saved
Praet (£10m) 60k per week saved
Soumare (£20m) 80k per week saved
Evans 100k per week saved
Bertrand 80k per week saved
Vestergaard (£5m or Loan out) 80k per week saved
Soyuncu 50-60k per week saved
Barnes (£40m) 40k per week saved
Ward 40k per week saved
Tielemans 100k per week saved
Maddison (£50m) 110k per week saved
Amartey 40k per week saved
Pereira (£10m) 80k per week saved
Souttar (This is just a personal one, I don't rate him at all, but would not be sad if he stayed) 30-40k per week saved

Perez 60-80k per week saved

Albrighton 40k per week saved
Choudhury - 30k per week saved

On the lower estimates that's a saving of 1m a week in wages. Reducing the wage bill from 180m to somewhere in the region of 120-130m give or take + Brendans fortune, then the money received for the above sales would amount to £150m+. 

Core championship squad should we get relegated based on Jaissles 4-3-1-2/442 (His formations are fluid and are only basically there on paper, they play all sorts of different formations in every phase of the game)

image.png.0e762bb14fec11176805c61fafd64129.pngimage.png.b35e84b300293de5d38f6966152e8768.png

Bench: Marcal-Madivadua, Braybrooke, Brunt, Smithies, Thomas, 
To sign: 
- Young RB
- 2x CB 
- Young CM/CAM
- Young ST if Vardy leaves

Souttar??

It's possible it's going to look a whole new look XI. Which you can't say gives you confidence in terms of bouncing straight back up. As many will say i takes time for the team to gel, players that will remain not that I agree with.

KDH

Iversen

Vardy

Thomas

Choudhury (on loan atm)

Justin

Souttar

Hirst (on loan atm)

Leaving:

Albrighton (Released)

Ward (Released)

Perez (Released)

Maddison (Newcastle I think)

Evans (Retirement)

Iheanacho (Burnley I reckon... cash in)

Barnes (Villa i reckon... cash in)

Faes (Loan somewhere)

Soyunchu (A Madrid done deal)

Betrand (Released)

Armatey (Released)

Pereira (Unsure where he will go)

Vestergaard (Released)

Mendy (sold... cash in)

Ndidi (Released)

Praet (Released)

Castagne (sold... cash in)

Sourmare (Release)

Daka (Shipped out on loan)

Krisitsen (Shipped out on loan)

Alot going and little in return... 

Edited by Leicesterpool

Looking at the players with 1 year left, I’d be surprised to see any of them stay apart from Vardy, Thomas and Smithies.

We should’ve given Iheanacho a new deal this season. Will have to cash in on the likes of him and Ndidi now.

Would personally give Mendy another year. Be interested to see who comes in for Justin and Ricardo given their wages:fitness ratio. 

Edited by RonnieTodger

Iversen 

New RB (Think JJ and Castagne definitely go, Ricardo maybe, if he doesn’t go then he starts) 

Souttar 

New CB 

Thomas/Kristiansen 

Hamza 

KDH 

New RW 

New CAM 

New LW 

Vardy 

Ward/Smithies, (can’t see both staying due to wages), New GK/one of the youngsters, Evans, New CB, Brunt, New CDM, New CM, New CM/CAM, New LW, Albrighton, New ST, Hirst. 

That’s a 23 man squad, therefore the likes of Wanya and Braybrooke could play supporting roles to make it 25.

I expect Opoku and Suphanat to be in the squad if the rumoured work permit changes come into play. 

The reality is teams will come in for our players as they will see the opportunity to get favourable deals, as we will potentially need to do a fire sale to get money and wages off the books early to enable us to construct our squad. Even players such as Ricardo and Justin will have a number of suitors but its whether we would be prepared to do deals where the initial fee is lower than our valuation and the rest made up of performance and appearance clauses.

Also the wage reduction clauses should actually help shift players such as Praet, Soumare and Vestergard where wages have been a prohibitory factor to deals being done. 

1 hour ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Souttar??

Yeah, this was purely a personal one as I feel like he’s too gangly and doesn’t have the ability to play the sort of football I want to see us play in future and I’ve not been convinced by his positioning or ability to keep up with the pace of play, however, I did say in the match thread vs Newcastle he was basically immense and really proved he has the ability needed, we just need that week in week out, made far too many mistakes since he arrived but if he can recreate how he played against Newcastle I’m 100% on board with him 

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

It's possible it's going to look a whole new look XI. Which you can't say gives you confidence in terms of bouncing straight back up. As many will say i takes time for the team to gel, players that will remain not that I agree with.

KDH

Iversen

Vardy

Thomas

Choudhury (on loan atm)

Justin

Souttar

Hirst (on loan atm)

Leaving:

Albrighton (Released)

Ward (Released)

Perez (Released)

Maddison (Newcastle I think)

Evans (Retirement)

Iheanacho (Burnley I reckon... cash in)

Barnes (Villa i reckon... cash in)

Faes (Loan somewhere)

Soyunchu (A Madrid done deal)

Betrand (Released)

Armatey (Released)

Pereira (Unsure where he will go)

Vestergaard (Released)

Mendy (sold... cash in)

Ndidi (Released)

Praet (Released)

Castagne (sold... cash in)

Sourmare (Release)

Daka (Shipped out on loan)

Krisitsen (Shipped out on loan)

Alot going and little in return... 

How do we "release" players who are under contract?

• Like 1