Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blue army 1988

From the current season ticket holders who is going to renew?

Will you renew your season ticket?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Will you renew your season ticket?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have not decided yet

My dad and myself have been having this discussion for the last two days. We're not sure whether to renew our season tickets.

We've both become every emotion under the sun with what been happening for the whole of this season and I thought I would put it out there to see what the general consensus would be.

And before people start......it's not because we're going down to the Championship. I've had a season ticket since 2002 and have a young family.

I'm not abandoning my escape from my life, from the day to day stuff. It's my chance to concentrate on something else. I love my football and won't just quit after this. It's been hard, yes. But as long as I can afford it, I'll be there kicking every ball enjoying my 2hrs of escape from reality. 

Leicester is my club. It's in my blood and that isn't changing. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 4

Probably renewing purely for first dibs on the away days, because I'm a bit bored of the choices in the Prem. Was talking with my brother today and the biggest silver lining is - even if our team continues to embarrass us in the league below - we're kind of looking forward to visiting a few places we haven't been for a while, and potentially ticking off a few new ones too. Huddersfield, Bristol, Cardiff, Stoke all early considerations. Might even do Plymouth, though ask me again when we inevitably draw them in the dead of winter and you might get a different answer. lol

I'm not exactly relishing the football side of things, because I honestly expect us to struggle again - this team needs a nuclear bomb dropping on it and building from the ground up, which will take a few seasons. But the actual match-days themselves? I'm ready for some fresh air. The League One season and going to daft places like Hereford and Swindon was what ultimately made me fall in love with this club, and I just hope some time away and covering some new ground away from the corporate monolith of the Prem might help me rediscover that passion.

Edited by OntarioFox

Does anyone know what happens with fox memberships and the built up loyalty points? It was said in another thread that it ain’t worth renewing because tickets will be easy to get, but what would happen if in two years they go back up and you didn’t renew? 

Ill probably renew mine as I would expect most championship aways will get down to members but my mate who might not be able to attend much ain’t sure whether to renew or not? 

I’ll be renewing. 

This is my club. “Through the good times and the bad”. 

The biggest positive for me in it all is I’ll be able to get tickets every game for my son. Other positives being that we’ll have the die-hards there. 

• Like 3

I’m staying. I’ve always thought the bad times make the good times so much better. Part of me looks at Man City and thinks as much as they win every week but does it get boring watching tippy tappy football while watching one sided games every week. Don’t get me wrong I would swap our positions and want Leicester to win everything possible but just look at there Wembley attendance and reaction to goals etc. There excitement is not the same anymore.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I will be renewing. Part of me (rather stupidly) is looking forward to the championship. I just hope that we use it as a chance to rebuild properly and come stronger. 

I’m kinda with you. I’ll take the championship over another season like this. The current team are simply not good enough for the PL anymore, with no passion to remain in the league. Nothing wrong with finding a positive. I’d also be quite happy to see the backs of some of these precious little c*nts.

I would like to see the club act quickly a decisively to get everything in place for next season. Get sales done, clear out and new manager in place, give him time to build over the close season. 

At the moment I doubt the club have it in them, I can very much see a situation like Stoke, rotten players, rotten ethos, bottom end championship. I don't know if I can watch that shit again. 

Rudkin and Whelean HAVE to go for me, they are tge senior management. The business and football structure has failed. 

8 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

In a weird way I’m looking forward to the Championship. No VAR. No ‘Big 6’. No tourists. Will be no end of dodgy kick off times though. 

No VAR but I can tell you, from this season's experience, that the refs are diabolical.