Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blue army 1988

From the current season ticket holders who is going to renew?

Will you renew your season ticket?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Will you renew your season ticket?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have not decided yet

Guest David Oldfields Gate

Yep, renew.  I work dawn until dusk seven days a week and without football I would never leave work.

I enjoy seeing my mates.

If you want a guaranteed happy ending then go to the cinema is my thinking.

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

at the moment I'm unsure, I've fallen out of love with the men's team this past 18 months, but I know full well when the deadline comes I'll end up renewing. being a football fan is a lot like having Stockholm syndrome 

Pretty much encapsulates where I am with it too, I get way more enjoyment out of the WSL games but I’ll no doubt end up renewing…weirdly the idea of the Championship has probably got me more interested than another season of “elite” Prem football would (I’ll defo be eating my words when we’re still in the Championship in 10 years 😂)

Not sure. I barely make a third of the games due to the commute and work commitments and midweek games are next to impossible for me to attend. But I love my seat and I’ve been going off Premier League football so The Championship feels strangely appealing. Also my mate’s lad is Will Alves. For me it would be priceless to watch him getting some game time next season. 

Out of interest - I had a membership for years before I got my ST. What happens to all your points if you give up your ST and go back to being a member? Do you keep the points? Or start from zero?

Does make me laugh that everyone has been slagging the club of on a weekly basis for the way they treat the fans, how utterly tinpot the matchday experience is etc and yet nobody seems to have the gumption to back it up. 

Paying the same money for a terrible standard of footy in the championship (every night of the week) whilst being subjected to the same matchday rubbish and knowing this club, a continuation of utterly ridiculous selling arrangements and ID checks.

Lap it up

Edited by Lako42

Unequivocally yes I will renew it’s going to be tough to watch us slog it out In the championship I don’t see us doing a Burnley, the board deserves to be shown the door for their contempt and general malaise, and we need a whole new refresh, even if that means a season or two in the championship and then to consider promotion again.

WYS 

The Championship is like revisiting your favourite holiday destination.

Seen us yoyo so many times now's no different

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Not sure. I barely make a third of the games due to the commute and work commitments and midweek games are next to impossible for me to attend. But I love my seat and I’ve been going off Premier League football so The Championship feels strangely appealing. Also my mate’s lad is Will Alves. For me it would be priceless to watch him getting some game time next season. 

Out of interest - I had a membership for years before I got my ST. What happens to all your points if you give up your ST and go back to being a member? Do you keep the points? Or start from zero?

Can’t remember where on the website I read it but you get a certain amount of points if you go from STH to Member rather than start from zero

• Thanks 1

I wasn't going to renew past this season anyway on the basis that this is my last year on a 26-30 railcard and having bought a flat back end of last year I simply can't afford to come up twice a month anymore in the current climate.

However on top of this I am disturbed by the way the club have been treating the fans this season, its so, so poor. If they don't buck up their ideas I can't see myself coming very much next season. 

Yeah, 100%. Its shit watching us now, and often its boring too (because every game we come out and the same, depressing thing happens again and again), but you know what's also shit and boring? Having nothing to aim for other than mid-table mediocrity in the prem, fighting every year for 10th in a league where the first place, and really all of the top six places, are already decided - and, frankly, paid for. 

Falling out of the prem is bitterly disappointing, and we are going to find it very hard in the championship, but something needs to change, and the championship has its own appeal - more competitive, more drama, more places to go. 

• Like 1

If you renew and move to cheaper seats do they give you back the cash difference? I think I read somewhere about giving you credit to spend in the shop.

I'll renew. going to the match is something I do with my sons and from that perspective it makes no difference what league we're in.

I guess most will renew - but I wonder what the answer would be to the same question this time next year if we fail to get promoted?

Never had a season ticket before we went up last time, always went down during the week and got one or my mates got them, so next season I'm going to go back to getting my tickets that way if possible.

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I was hoping that plenty won’t be renewing so I can potentially look at getting one, I must be forking out somewhere near with the tickets fees for matches I’ve been to this season

Same. I've actually enjoyed hosting the bigger teams the least so feel comfortable we will still get some enjoyable games next year. Maybe!

• Like 1

I want a season ticket but I'm just a member at the mo with 31 points. Now I know many will just say you will get one anyway now, is this the case tho? Also what is the monthly DD payment you make and for how long if any of you will share this info please? I paid 46 quid to watch that crap last night,  so 26 quid a game or whatever it works out to next year is good value imo

3 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I would like to see the club act quickly a decisively to get everything in place for next season. Get sales done, clear out and new manager in place, give him time to build over the close season. 

At the moment I doubt the club have it in them, I can very much see a situation like Stoke, rotten players, rotten ethos, bottom end championship. I don't know if I can watch that shit again. 

Rudkin and Whelean HAVE to go for me, they are tge senior management. The business and football structure has failed. 

The football structure has certainly failed, but i don't think the business side that Susan Whelean controls has, i mean we've not gone bust have we and you don't get an OBE from the queen for services to football and the Leicestershire community for nothing do you.