Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Toon away

“Our goalkeeper didn’t make a save for 32 minutes. Then their goalkeeper lumped it over the top and we had panic stations. Then we were frazzled. There was an upturn in the second period for a short time, but sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition. They had their tails up.”

Problem is Deano their keeper didnt have to make a save all night! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

“Our goalkeeper didn’t make a save for 32 minutes. Then their goalkeeper lumped it over the top and we had panic stations. Then we were frazzled. There was an upturn in the second period for a short time, but sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition. They had their tails up.”

Whilst true, its easy to overlook that Liverpool are - on their day - still one of the absolute best club sides on the planet, expensively assembled and managed by a world class coach who is one of the best of his generation. 

Newcastle shouldn't be under estimated and they're obviously in a much, much better place to us right now but they're not exactly in the same class as Liverpool. 

Scoring goals hasn't been our problem lately and isn't likely to be our biggest issue against Newcastle. 

Besides, any clean sheet at all gives us a massive chance of being able to actual escape on the final day. A draw in Newcastle would be huge. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

But tbf their keeper had to stop the Vardy effort near the start of the game after the Barnes lay off, and the Barnes curler in the second half.

Otherwise, I  agree we didn’t do enough after 30 minutes and we collapsed after Faes cock up with the first goal. Far too easy for them. 

Guest Col city fan

Can’t help thinking we’ll get absolutely mullered at their place.

Maddison might put a shift in, to get his ‘dream move’, but our defence v Wilson and Isaak..

😳

On 17/05/2023 at 12:45, Nalis said:

For those going we might has well enjoy ourselves in the stands.  Instead of singing about our current shi te squad we should get the old songs going about former players like the Ulloa song. Vardy is an exception though of course.

Start with my favourite.. 

Lloyd Dyer my lord

Lloyd Dyer

Lloyd Dyer my lord

Lloyd Dyer

• Like 1

Iversen

Souttar    Evans   Faes

Ricardo   Mendy  Soumare   Castagne

Maddison 

Vardy         Iheanacho 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Mood?

“They’ve been demoralised by the last couple of results. Before that, there was an upturn in performances. Four of the performances were quite good. The goals we’ve given away in the last two games haven’t been good enough.”

I could criticise these players but I don’t need to. The work ethic is there. We’ve got to make fewer mistakes in the defensive third.”

“I don’t like playing on a Monday, especially when there’s only two games to go. I don’t want to change tactics based on what we need. I know we need at least a point.”

Fair play to Smith here, he's played a blinder by picking up a nice pay packet to do absolutely **** all but make excuses. Double points for saying the fans giving up "hasn't filtered through" after spending 5 minutes saying that the players have basically given up.

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Only 29 tickets left in the away end for this. So it looks like 3k fans are making the trip on Monday. Fair play, that is proper dedication!

You sure it's the right way round...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Iversen

Souttar    Evans   Faes

Ricardo   Mendy  Soumare   Castagne

Maddison 

Vardy         Iheanacho 

I like it.

We are so poor that we could be the on the end of a loss that beats the current 9-0 record that we currently hold with Liverpool and Man U. Wonder what the odds are on a 10-0 smashing? 

Edited by funkyrobot