Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Toon away

11 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Cags is out still. 

He’s hopeless tbf. Frozen out by Brendan and as soon as he gets back in the team under Deano he ‘has a sore foot’.

He’s mentally in Madrid already, sipping San Miguel, eating paella, and chatting up the sun kissed ladies.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Apparently they have a mini injury crisis https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-eddie-howe-injuries-26946397

Should only be 3 or 4 nil now. :)

If only Liverpool could lose tomorrow then we might get to face a Newcastle side that is not only missing several players but also hungover from celebrating securing a place in the UCL. Not that any of that will stop them running and working harder than us on their way to a routine win of course!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Iversen

Knollsy Knollsy Knollsy Castagne

Knollsy Knollsy

Maddison

Barnes            Vardy         Nacho            

• Haha 4

On 15/05/2023 at 23:41, Oswinner said:

Who cares? The players don’t so why should we? I remember as a wee lad going to St James Park and they were celebrating promotion and were 6-0 up at half time. I can see the same here as they celebrate top-4.

And we look back thinking we were there two years ago until we threw it all away…!

Club is in a mess. The fan/players relationship has never been this bad as far as I can remember.

Honestly, just play the players that are going to at least be here next season and see what happens…

I was at that game and the atmosphere was one of the best that I have ever experienced, the whole ground (apart from Leicester fans) was singing about Andy Cole for large parts of the game. I don't know if you remember but Lindisfarne played a couple of songs live, they were up in the Leazes which was getting built at that time.

On 18/05/2023 at 21:37, BenTayfour said:

Did Bruno Guimaraes got injured at the end of the game. It would be great to have both of their midfielders out.

No, he's been carrying an injury to his ankle since the middle of January which will be operated on during the Summer, he should be fine for Monday night although he might be our only midfielder who is close to being fit.

16 hours ago, Mr Mister said:

Our only hope is that Newcastle go into this game with complacency and underestimate us. If that is the case, then we have a chance of winning.

We're not going to be complacent, we are struggling with injuries though and that will give you a fighting chance as long as your players are up for it. I do worry for you if you go behind early. I just hope Villa take something off Liverpool then this game might be meaningless for us.

11 hours ago, HybridFox said:

Gonna enjoy my day of sightseeing the city on Sunday. Then getting absolutely drunk before this one lol

You'll be welcome in all of the pubs before and after the match, away fans can drink almost anywhere and there's no trouble unless the away fans start it.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

I went to a promotion party there once. They had just won Division 1 as it was then so had nothing to play for and we were in the play offs.  I thought we could go there and get something.  We were 6-0 down at half time!  Cole and Kelly (ex-Leicester) both had hat-tricks.  We lost 7-1 in the end and was the second time that season we had been humbled by that scoreline (7-1 Sheff Wed).

It would be hard to predict a win on Monday.  The Geordies are mental at the worst of times.  they will be apoplectic on Monday! See our spineless bunch of losers crumble within the first 10 minutes on what will be a long-suffering 90 mins which will probably seal our fate of Championship football.

We took the piss a bit that day. We spent most of the game singing 'Andy Cole, Andy Cole, Andy Andy Cole, he gets the ball, he scores a goal, Andy Andy Cole' and then Steve Walsh scored late on for you and we started singing 'Stevie Walsh, Stevie Walsh, Stevie Stevie Walsh, he gets the ball, he scores a goal, Stevie Stevie Walsh.'

28 minutes ago, Mick_1960 said:

We're not going to be complacent, we are struggling with injuries though and that will give you a fighting chance as long as your players are up for it. I do worry for you if you go behind early. I just hope Villa take something off Liverpool then this game might be meaningless for us.

lollollollol good one, you are far too polite

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

lollollollol good one, you are far too polite

I would like to see your players show some pride, something I haven't seen from them in a long time. You can justifiably feel cheated by most of them from what I've seen. I don't mind players who have an off day whilst trying, it boils my piss when they don't look as if they have a care in the world. Fans pay a fortune and the least they deserve is to see players trying to earn their exorbitant wages.

Vardy is one of the few that I’ve seen looking as if he cares but he’s probably too old for a footballer to be trying to win games on his own. He can still show a burst of pace but is it fair expecting him to do that on his own for 90 minutes?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, shailen said:

If Liverpool don't win today they'll have secured top 4. Naturally they'll relax a bit more and whilst it'll be a tough game it gives us more of a chance

If Liverpool draw they'd be 3 points behind and 7 goals worse off goal difference wise. Newcastle would still need a point as there's always a chance Liverpool would get a huge win against Southampton in their last game.

9 minutes ago, Nalis said:

If Liverpool draw they'd be 3 points behind and 7 goals worse off goal difference wise. Newcastle would still need a point as there's always a chance Liverpool would get a huge win against Southampton in their last game.

Can't see that Newcastle don't get something at Chelsea away so they'll likely get a point there at least. It's a huge swing even if we beat Newcastle by 2 or 3 goals in one game to catch up on if they draw today. Can't see it personally if Liverpool don't win today!! 

9 hours ago, Mick_1960 said:

I would like to see your players show some pride, something I haven't seen from them in a long time. You can justifiably feel cheated by most of them from what I've seen. I don't mind players who have an off day whilst trying, it boils my piss when they don't look as if they have a care in the world. Fans pay a fortune and the least they deserve is to see players trying to earn their exorbitant wages.

Vardy is one of the few that I’ve seen looking as if he cares but he’s probably too old for a footballer to be trying to win games on his own. He can still show a burst of pace but is it fair expecting him to do that on his own for 90 minutes?

lol 

12 hours ago, Mick_1960 said:

I was at that game and the atmosphere was one of the best that I have ever experienced, the whole ground (apart from Leicester fans) was singing about Andy Cole for large parts of the game. I don't know if you remember but Lindisfarne played a couple of songs live, they were up in the Leazes which was getting built at that time.

Was that the 7-1 thrashing? Was it Simon Grayson who came on for second half and joked as far as he was concerned it was a 1-1 

• Like 1

On 19/05/2023 at 08:27, Mr Mister said:

Our only hope is that Newcastle go into this game with complacency and underestimate us. If that is the case, then we have a chance of winning.

We are getting worse rather than offering any hope. A relaxed Newcastle will still give us a caning 

I hope that we don't act like pricks if you do go down at our place, I wouldn't like to see any of our fans taking the piss. I suspect a few might but they will hopefully be put in place by others around them if they do. Villa bizarrely celebrated us being relegated at their place and it wasn't a good thing to see as we had no direct rivalry with them. We have no rivalry with Leicester other on a game by game basis. On Monday we’ll be rivals for a couple of hours and then it’s over until the next time we meet, hopefully next season as I lived not far from Leicester so had mates who supported you. We took the piss out of each other but it was never anything bad, we were both in what was then the second division so we were both shite so it was like two bald blokes fighting over a comb.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1