Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Toon away

I spent 4 years living in Newcastle when I studied at Northumbria uni. 92 > 96 the king Kev years! Being a Leicester fan of course but got caught in the fever pitch that was taking hold in the city. What a team that was Newcastle had. Proper entertainers!

still have a soft spot with lots of friends still there and Geordie’s who moved to the states like me still stay in touch. 

anyway, Geordie’s don’t wanna see Leicester go down but if our players really want to show some fight and desperation I don’t think Newcastle will go toe to toe. It’s the difference in quality that I worry about. Their good players will beat us east with just skill and nouse. We are a shell of a team at the moment that’s lost it’s belief and will to survive.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jim5000 said:

He’s hopeless tbf. Frozen out by Brendan and as soon as he gets back in the team under Deano he ‘has a sore foot’.

He’s mentally in Madrid already, sipping San Miguel, eating paella, and chatting up the sun kissed ladies.

If he is I wouldn't blame him but still showed more fitness, effort and commitment than our supposed stars Tielemans, Maddison and Barnes recently. I thought he had a hamstring problem though not a sore foot?

Strange Rodgers didn't want him but the far superior manager Simeone and team do? Good luck to him, I think he'll do really well there. Oops, another one we won't get a bean for, you couldn't make such a shambles up if you tried!

• Like 1

Of course, they've had enough opportunities this season to show up. But, after the absolute hammering that the team's character has gotten from the wider media in the last week and seeing (Leeds result permitting) a chance to climb out of the relegation zone before the final day, if they don't have the drive and passion on Monday night, they should all be sold on in the summer.

They've gotta prove my thoughts wrong too here, but I doubt they will.

• Like 1

I can't wait to yet again for about the 8th time this season to be inevitably disappointed by the team on Monday after we've yet again been granted some semblance of a lifeline by teams around us being rubbish.

It'd be just us if Leeds lose, and then we get battered 5-0.

Edited by The_Rorab

35 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Iversen

Souttar             Evans            Faes

Ricardo                          Mendy                   Castagne

Maddison              KDH

Barnes

Vardy

....all the team lists are set up for us to play on the front foot, we are too attack-minded, we do not have to go down this line!!
Three at the back is perfectly ok for this game, we are going to have a tendency to push the Wing Backs forward as much as we can, it just negates the 3 at the back. We are
stil going to have teams breaking on us and coming up against our Cbs who do not cope too wellat the moment. we are not going to have the WBs siting deep because we
are being overly pressed, we need them deep because it is what we have planned
We are going to play on the counter, it is not just to stay in the game, it will be a strategy as all our games under Smith so far are just trying to score and match what the
opposition does. We have thrown points away tecause they have not played with any real thought or plan to implement.
Midfield 4 should be Tete, Mendy, Maddison and Barnes. The back 5 picks itself, with Vardy upfront. It reminds me of Holloway, who sent his team out every game believing
that they were too good to go down, and just thought the atmosphere he created would get the players to perform The only game he prepared for it seemed was the last
game of the season. we allknow what happened, history looks like it is about to repeat itself.

Iversen

Soumare              Maddison

Barnes

Vardy

Had to revise this as KDH likely wont feature, I would take faes off for Nacho if we go behind.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....all the team lists are set up for us to play on the front foot, we are too attack-minded, we do not have to go down this line!!
Three at the back is perfectly ok for this game, we are going to have a tendency to push the Wing Backs forward as much as we can, it just negates the 3 at the back. We are
stil going to have teams breaking on us and coming up against our Cbs who do not cope too wellat the moment. we are not going to have the WBs siting deep because we
are being overly pressed, we need them deep because it is what we have planned
We are going to play on the counter, it is not just to stay in the game, it will be a strategy as all our games under Smith so far are just trying to score and match what the
opposition does. We have thrown points away tecause they have not played with any real thought or plan to implement.
Midfield 4 should be Tete, Mendy, Maddison and Barnes. The back 5 picks itself, with Vardy upfront. It reminds me of Holloway, who sent his team out every game believing
that they were too good to go down, and just thought the atmosphere he created would get the players to perform The only game he prepared for it seemed was the last
game of the season. we allknow what happened, history looks like it is about to repeat itself.

in a relegation fight you need all 10 outfield players fighting for the ball, closing down the space when we're without the ball, i've never known a side allow the opposition so much time and space on the ball than us. thats either due to lack of fitness or lack of interest, with the squad we have, i dont know how you fix that

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Iversen

Soumare              Maddison

Barnes

Vardy

Had to revise this as KDH likely wont feature, I would take faes off for Nacho if we go behind.

Honking that. But then, picking anything is a thankless task. Don’t see Dean going 3 at the back?

Just now, splinterdream said:

in a relegation fight you need all 10 outfield players fighting for the ball, closing down the space when we're without the ball, i've never known a side allow the opposition so much time and space on the ball than us. thats either due to lack of fitness or lack of interest, with the squad we have, i dont know how you fix that

Unfortunately you’ve hit the nail on the head. The only word you can use for us is passive

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

...trying to close down and getting played around is not good!!!

We are not too good at what you are asking us to do at the moment. We stay with them and grow into the game, the only way we can build back confidence into this group, the longer we match them the better we will feel, the more they will look to push and take more chances.

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...trying to close down and getting played around is not good!!!

We are not too good at what you are asking us to do at the moment. We stay with them and grow into the game, the only way we can build back confidence into this group, the longer we match them the better we will feel, the more they will look to push and take more chances.

As opposed to jow we have been playing? we've been playing a high defensive line without applying the press, thats why we keep conceding. Thats what fans want to see, thats why accusations of half hearted performances, thats what got Everton a goal and what forest have been doing so well.

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

As opposed to jow we have been playing? we've been playing a high defensive line without applying the press, thats why we keep conceding. Thats what fans want to see, thats why accusations of half hearted performances, thats what got Everton a goal and what forest have been doing so well.

...surprisingly they are so poor at making the press work, Vardy starts it, Barnes is in two minds about what to do, and people arriving at the wrong time to make it work!!!

There is no reason not to be able to press together, we have done this before it is not new to us, but we cannot make it work somehow. It may be what the supporters want to see, it does not mean it is the right strategy for this game.

Part of me just wants this to be over. To be confirmed where we'll be. This season has been an utter mess and tough to keep going with it from the start. Even thinking I won't watch this one or follow it. Just catch the result at the end and see that our premier League journey has come to an end.