Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Toon away

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You’re expecting Smith (who should be no where near managing at this level) to have plans. His management style is what you’d see in Div 2 back in the 90s. Handshakes. Pats on back. Keep it going. Passion.

We started  20 minutes v Liverpool well. Klopp saw an issue and changed it. We had no answer. He looked at his watch and that was it. 

Allison big kick up top wasn’t a fluke - it was a glaring error in the set up a truly elite manager picked within minutes of the game starting. 

Totally agree.

I've been shell shocked tbh at the tactical ineptitude from Smith. Then again, it should be no surprise as we already knew Shakey was limited in the extreme (we all remember the extraordinary instant sea.chnage the Claude - a run of the mill European manager -  brought in immediately after shakey left) 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Totally agree.

I've been shell shocked tbh at the tactical ineptitude from Smith. Then again, it should be no surprise as we already knew Shakey was limited in the extreme (we all remember the extraordinary instant sea.chnage the Claude - a run of the mill European manager -  brought in immediately after shakey left) 

Puel was the ideal manager to keep us twelfth in the table for almost perpetuity. He was hated on here as he was at Southampton. Instead we wanted to be a mini- Barcelona hence we appointed pound shop Pep , Rodgers. He was loved on here " we were so lucky to have him " . It worked for a while mainly due to the potency of Vardy and the class of Evans and Tielemans., and then it didn't. Then the hatred for Rodgers eclipsed anything I can remember. Smith is not the answer but we need a practical manager , who can adapt to changing personnel and different opposition tactics not some false prophet with a grand and eventually useless plan. Shakey by the way probably saved us from relegation straight after winning the PL.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dylanlegend said:

We HAVE to play counter attack tomorrow and be solid defensively.

Need to go 5 at the back with Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu, Souttar and Castagne at the back. Then hit them on the counter.

If we line up with a back 4 we will be ****ed 

Sure I read Soyuncu is a doubt until last game...

How do we approach this one? Think our best bet is to keep it tight first 30 mins and try and break on them when we get the chance. Not something we've done this season well at all, but I think if we go all out early on, we're gonna concede a soft goal. 

I am hoping Newcastle, will be on the beach.
Smith needs players in their correct positions. 

We need big strong lads, so, unfortunately, Mendy sits this one out again. 

Not sure who starts, but please can we stop playing football at the back. I want long direct balls with compressed formation.

7 minutes ago, adamkhalifa said:

Not sure who starts, but please can we stop playing football at the back. I want long direct balls with compressed formation.

That old chestnut, Fulham where meant to “be on the beach” & missing 3 key players and still went 5-1 up.

Plus they are not mathematically in the Champions league yet.

7 goals in it, could easily swing on the back of 2 defeats and a Liverpool win over relegated Saints. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, adamkhalifa said:

Agree. Physical, aggressive. Time waste. Niggle. Play compact. All the biggest and physical players we have (not many, but we have 5 or 6 Inc Big Dan and Souttar)  and I would play Mendy. Midget but he's got that low centre of gravity and hard to just knock off the ball

Some of my favourites; Ricky, Barnes, Madders all too weak....on the bench and to be used as late game changers

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, shailen said:

How do we approach this one? Think our best bet is to keep it tight first 30 mins and try and break on them when we get the chance. Not something we've done this season well at all, but I think if we go all out early on, we're gonna concede a soft goal. 

We kept it tightish last time at St James in the league Cup until about 60 minutes. Sure we got lucky with them missing a few chances. We offered zero threat going forwards which meant it felt inevitable when another defensive mistake came, this time from Castagne and they score. At least with Smith there's more of a chance of a quick break goal than under Rogers, as seen by the 2 goals against Wolves (penalty buildup) the goal against Leeds, Vardys goal against Everton, but then we also probably look less defensively stable than under Rogers, which is saying something. If we at least make Newcastle score a good goal rather than gifting them one it would give us a chance.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

We kept it tightish last time at St James in the league Cup until about 60 minutes. Sure we got lucky with them missing a few chances. We offered zero threat going forwards which meant it felt inevitable when another defensive mistake came, this time from Castagne and they score. At least with Smith there's more of a chance of a quick break goal than under Rogers, as seen by the 2 goals against Wolves (penalty buildup) the goal against Leeds, Vardys goal against Everton.

We had numerous injuries that night. We ride our luck but we did have a couple of first half breakaways before the usual lily livered surrender. 

Tbh, I wish Smith weren't in charge for this. He has been unable to pick the right team or tactics since arriving. The Man City set up was a car crash  Even the wolves win we were garbage. Everton and Fulham and Liverpool an absolute joke.  The only game I thought we played well under him was Leeds

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

The only game I thought we played well under him was Leeds

Leeds are without doubt worse than us. Newcastle are very much better than us , at home with 50,000 supporters. Strangers things have happened but logic says no.

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Puel was the ideal manager to keep us twelfth in the table for almost perpetuity. He was hated on here as he was at Southampton. Instead we wanted to be a mini- Barcelona hence we appointed pound shop Pep , Rodgers. He was loved on here " we were so lucky to have him " . It worked for a while mainly due to the potency of Vardy and the class of Evans and Tielemans., and then it didn't. Then the hatred for Rodgers eclipsed anything I can remember. Smith is not the answer but we need a practical manager , who can adapt to changing personnel and different opposition tactics not some false prophet with a grand and eventually useless plan. Shakey by the way probably saved us from relegation straight after winning the PL.

Before all that though we need a manager with a style of play. We haven’t had one since we won the league, we have been reliant on individuals and only in patches have we shown any sort of cohesion under any manager.

Yes having a plan B is important, but we need a plan A first! What happened to high tempo and organised pressing, both of which are essential in English football?

If we just had those two simple things, it would go a long, long way to improving us as a team, whoever the players are.

36 minutes ago, shailen said:

We have to go for it. We need to make a statement with the team selection - Soumare, Tielemans and Ndidi in the middle please 🙏 

• Haha 3