Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Toon away

Maybe it’s the fact that none of them have been involved recently, but play Kdh, Mendy, nacho and souttar and we may have a fighting (operative word) chance of at least putting in some kind of performance…

Edited by matty2702
  • Like 3

Just now, matty2702 said:

Maybe it’s the fact that none of them have been involved recently, but play Kdh, Mendy, nacho and souttar and we may have a fighting (operative word) of a least putting in some kind of performance…

I'm inclined to agree. They haven't been infected. Like a 28 days later type virus. They're immune from the last three debacles.  I'd (honestly) go for big Dan too... 

• Like 1

Hopefully, the weeks media coverage since Liverpool will have wound the players up enough to at least give them a game.

I see Newcastle have a few injuries. They also only need a draw.

Clutching at straws in order to keep the faith. 

It's the hope that kills you and I've been hoping for a long time now 😭

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm inclined to agree. They haven't been infected. Like a 28 days later type virus. They're immune from the last three debacles.  I'd (honestly) go for big Dan too... 

Me too. You can say what you like about his footballing ability, and to be fair most wouldn't be far from the truth, but like him or not he gives 100% and quite frankly he'd be an upgrade on Faes. 

The only thing that's giving me some hope for tomorrow night is that all the other teams down at the bottom have had at least one completely unexpected result (Forest v Brighton/Arsenal, Everton v Brighton/Wolves, Leeds v Newcastle, even Southampton v Arsenal), yet we've still not had that moment. Will it come against Newcastle? I have no idea, but we are due a result so let's see if we can pull it off. 

I was watching the Castleford v Hull rugby league game on the tv this afternoon.  At some point in the game the co-commentator said "luck beats ability, every time".

He was right.  And at this moment, that's what we need.  Some good old fashioned undeserved luck.

Newcastle need to mishit every shot, the ball can hit the woodwork every time.   Anything but score.

Just give us some lady luck, and we might  pull a fluffy white rabbit out of some unspecifed hat!

I like Souttar. There’s a lot to work with there. but it is huge to throw him in against Wilson and Isak. I’d do it with Evans next to him and drop the suicidal high line. 

KDH - be fit.

Mendy - play the ****ing guy

Kel - please be fit.

No Tielemans. Play 3 at the back if we can. If Soy is fit that is a huge positive. 

Iverson

Riccy

Castagne

Souttar

Evans

Soy/brain fart

Mendy

KDH

Maddison

Kel

Vardy

Just writing those names, it isn’t a side (on paper) that is significantly worse than Newcastle. Pisses me off more.

• Like 3

It says it all that we have two games left and still can't be sure what our strongest starting 11 is. 

The terrible equation is as follows:

Vardys advanced age 

+ brodgers transfers which haven't ckicked 

+ relentless list of injuries to key players. 

+  a summer window of  only smithies in. 

+ Year 4 stale management. 

+ playing ward for 30 odd games

+ Evans injured + Kasper leaving, no leadership

= relegation fodder. 

Based on the last 35 games Newcastle will smash us tommorow. 

4 minutes ago, Filbert Fireworks said:

It says it all that we have two games left and still can't be sure what our strongest starting 11 is. 

The terrible equation is as follows:

Vardys advanced age 

+ brodgers transfers which haven't ckicked 

+ relentless list of injuries to key players. 

+  a summer window of  only smithies in. 

+ Year 4 stale management. 

+ playing ward for 30 odd games

+ Evans injured + Kasper leaving, no leadership

= relegation fodder. 

Based on the last 35 games Newcastle will smash us tommorow. 

Best thing about football though is it’s not based on the last 35 games!

It’s based on tomorrow and how players perform on the day, that slice of luck that goes your way. 

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

At least Newcastle won't have the pleasure of relegating us tomorrow. I've read many saying that's it's payback for that match at Filbert St in '92. They haven't forgotten. 

What when Walsh scored a last minute own goal to keep them up?

It is time to pay us back - last minute Trippier own goal for a 2-1 away win would be beautiful! Thanks toon

• Like 3