Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Toon away

3 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Call me brave but I’m willing to bet the tip of my johnson that we don’t get the three points here 

You’ll be speaking highly of the players after they win……in fact you’ll be speaking highly whatever the subject!

• Haha 3

Can see a goal each for Nacho and Maddison but would that be enough with the tin can alley shooting gallery at the other end :dunno:

We need to flatten the atmosphere…..at St James Park on the verge of CL qualification! 

• Like 1

Think all we can ask for at this point is the players make a genuine go of it. And not wait till we're 3-0 down before we get a shot on target. This has to be everything. If we go down we go down fighting. The damage has already been done. But for the players, save the integrity of this club and have some pride for yourselves, if not the fans

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

At least Newcastle won't have the pleasure of relegating us tomorrow. I've read many saying that's it's payback for that match at Filbert St in '92. They haven't forgotten. 

The only pleasure we would get from relegating anybody is Sunderland, you can maybe add Everton to that. Very few, if any would take pleasure from relegating Leicester.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

We somehow win tomorrow we're in pole position to stay up. That should be huge motivation to at least try, but I just can't see this lot giving a toss and a tepid 4-1 loss. 

Agree it should be huge motivation.

Sadly we have been in this type of position a few times over the last few weeks.

And the players have failed without any fight.

They have the ability but no heart, no passion and fight, you need all of theses more than ability when you are in a relegation dog fight.

We are not staying up, theses player's are not built for a great escape.

• Thanks 2

Only real hope is that we put out a rugged team in the main, including a rugged line up with Iversen kept in goal obviously, Souttar in there, Cags and KDH (not Thomas or Soumare!)......and with some of the "not damaged by the last two games malaise" players in the starting line up too preferably, even Amartey as some have outlandishly suggested maybe a shrewd inclusion who at least tries and gives 100%! Not sure if leaving Tielemans out altogether would be wise but then again you could understand it if he was, given his passenger-like performances of late! Good that it appears as if Iheanacho is back in the fold and in starting contention to play alongsde Vardy (no Daka please!), although my only concern will be his lack of v.recent match sharpness but hell, who cares .... as we're desperate with a capital D! The rest is pot luck!!!

Yo come away with 3 points these guys are gonna have to play something like they did against spurs which seems now like an eternity ago. If they did it once they can do it again if they can remember how.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Yo come away with 3 points these guys are gonna have to play something like they did against spurs which seems now like an eternity ago. If they did it once they can do it again if they can remember how.

Hate to break it to you, we weren't great against Spurs. You can get wins without having a decent performance at all, as we proved when finishing 5th twice when we were around mid table performance wise both seasons.

The reason we will not get anything at Newcastle is simple, we will concede 20+ shots as seems to be the case every week, because the fix to prevent that cannot be done in the short term.

4 hours ago, Mick_1960 said:

Our injuries are clearing up and I wouldn't be surprised if this is the team that you play against, it's quite a strong team.

Pope.

Trippier.

Schar.

Botman.

Burn.

Bruno.

Joelinton.

Gordon or Anderson.

Almiron.

Wilson or Isak.

Saint-Maximin or Isak.

The match should be played with an unbelievable atmosphere and I wouldn't be upset if you got a point but no more than that. I'll not come on later tonight unless you beat us, if you do I will come on to congratulate you if I have time. Good luck, especially after you play us.

Thanks mate but still have no idea how you lot have played Burn at LB and been so successful.

I remember Barnes ripping him a new one when he played there against Brighton a couple of seasons ago.

If we haven’t been practising the whole team hitting diagonals for Barnes to run onto (not win headers) then Smith is even more clueless than I thought.

A huge fair play to your lot though, every football decision appears to have been a good one, the complete opposite to us right now.

I really don’t know I want to think.

Since Rodgers was sacked, we wasted two games managerless letting Sadler and Powell play pretty much the same Rodgerball with no result.

Then we played sort of ok with Nachos back in the starting lineup (and Ndidi dropped). We missed our golden opportunities to get out of this mess if we had capitalized against Leeds and Everton. Then fate had it that Nacho was injured.

Then we did nothing against easier opponents: Fulham, then Liverpool at home. We couldn’t do it, so with Newcastle being on top form and playing their last game at home, it will very likely be a rout against us. Our opponents meanwhile gained precious points against teams they were expected to lose. Forrest is now safe. Everton’s last minute goal against Wolves. Leeds (well, another team needs to go down with anyway). 

I want to have hope but it is difficult. 

Just now, Dickov22 said:

Play Iheanacho PLEASE.

Must start if fit only hope.

Lets hope the players wake up with some confidence in getting a result today, last chance saloon.

I think they owe Top and the fans 3 points. Cmon boys!!!!!!! slap yourself across the face and go and get us the 3 points

Only way we get a result here is if there is energy in the middle. We don’t need quality right now we need willing runners.

If Soumare and Tielemans start together again then its over and Dean Smith should be banished from the City.

5 hours ago, Guy said:

Only real hope is that we put out a rugged team in the main, including a rugged line up with Iversen kept in goal obviously, Souttar in there, Cags and KDH (not Thomas or Soumare!)......and with some of the "not damaged by the last two games malaise" players in the starting line up too preferably, even Amartey as some have outlandishly suggested maybe a shrewd inclusion who at least tries and gives 100%! Not sure if leaving Tielemans out altogether would be wise but then again you could understand it if he was, given his passenger-like performances of late! Good that it appears as if Iheanacho is back in the fold and in starting contention to play alongsde Vardy (no Daka please!), although my only concern will be his lack of v.recent match sharpness but hell, who cares .... as we're desperate with a capital D! The rest is pot luck!!!

Hope! Oh yeah I remember that!  Nope sadly I lost all hope after the disgrace that was our lack of performance against Fulham!