Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Toon away

2 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Yo come away with 3 points these guys are gonna have to play something like they did against spurs which seems now like an eternity ago. If they did it once they can do it again if they can remember how.

You've also gotta hope Newcastle play something like Tottenham and forget how to defend in numbers.

They won't.

13 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

You've also gotta hope Newcastle play something like Tottenham and forget how to defend in numbers.

They won't.

The way Tottenham are playing it makes you think were we even that good that day? Everyone’s beating them like that now!

Edited by Hamilton Fox
  • Like 1

I'm hoping DS has realised that a midfield of YT and BS is not the answer, however I think he believes this is our strongest selection and will continue to play them together and they will take us down while jogging around the pitch putting in no effort. 

I want to see our midfielders bust a gut to break up play, get us forward, essentially I want them to try. Something I haven't seen any of them do for a long time. 

I've said it before and I will say it again, play players that relegation will have an impact on, players that want to be here, those that are still contracted. I have been Mendy's biggest critic but he has performed at a much higher level that Soumare, doesn't deserve to be treated the way he has been. Get him in a midfield 3 with Madison and KDH 

2 strikers on and 3 at the back with wingbacks. 

You just know that we will go into this with the shitty attitude that weve shown the last few months, stroll around, concede early and not ever be in the game. 

• Like 4

Go narrow, block the midfield, keep them wide, and have our big lads at the back to manage any crosses driven in.

Iverson

Soyuncu Souttar Evans

Ricardo         Mendy        Thomas/Kristiansen

Maddison  KDH

Iheanacho Vardy

Second half, switch it up to go 4 at the back, bring on Barnes and Daka when they've tired a bit, and go three up top. Really go for it.

Edited by Merging Cultures
  • Like 4

Its really simple "Get out there and play like you give a Fu%k", and Win FFS! 

Smith, Shakey and Terry needs to be getting into these, all day, every minute, every second, and a visit from Top to give them a spark wouldn't go a miss.

Every Fan needs to be wearing their lucky pants, and conducting every supersticious ritual going, and hope the Luck is with us, to win this bad boy of a match.  

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

I had a dream we were in a Nazi occupied reality and I was about to be carted away for airing my viewing. 

Just wanted to join and also mention most dreams are total nonsense 😂

That’s the clubs social media policy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I'd lay off the magic mushrooms 

Funnily enough, after this win (I was playing in the team) I was called into the managers office who told me I was going to be prosecuted for drug dealing - my husband woke me up with a coffee just as I was protesting my innocence, so I never did get to find out what happened!! 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I just can’t see us withstanding a Newcastle storm of attacks. These lot will 100% fold with that atmosphere 

The question is, will Newcastle be more conservative knowing a point guarantees them CL? Or will they just fire as normal anyway?

It is safer for them to do the latter and blow us away but you never know what some nerves/pressure could do. If it's level for long periods of the game and particular near the end, they may be unlikely to take as much risk.

4 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

The reason we will not get anything at Newcastle is simple, we will concede 20+ shots as seems to be the case every week, because the fix to prevent that cannot be done in the short term.

....yes it can, you do not need a masterclass to understand that our central midfield pairing are weak mentally and physically!!!

We should look to shore up the defence,  and more importantly what is infront of it, and we will stop the constant shooting practice for our opponents. 

I can understand your reservation due to what you have previously seen, but I would love to take Smith out of the equation, he lacks insight or the bravery to call a big play.

At this late stage with a glimmer of hope, removing Smith could be confusing for the players and perhaps demand another reset, but I would take him out of the firing line.  I am not sure what Terry brings, it is hard to quantify without seeing him with the players in training, but for two games, I would chance my arm with Shakey, without Sadler on the sideline calling the shots.He has done it before, 5 wins on the bounce, you can see he is well liked in the training videos. Being an interim manager as opposed to, a full time one, is a totally different thing.

As I have said, it would be a big gamble to do this, but we need a tsunami of a change of approach and application, to garner the points that we need.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The question is, will Newcastle be more conservative knowing a point guarantees them CL? Or will they just fire as normal anyway?

It is safer for them to do the latter and blow us away but you never know what some nerves/pressure could do. If it's level for long periods of the game and particular near the end, they may be unlikely to take as much risk.

Oh they’ll come at us full force. Especially first 20 minutes, they’d have researched how we fold so easily and how we can’t defend. He’ll be trying to kill the game in the first 30 minutes without doubt. Why would they sit back in any case? They are at home, they’ll go hard at us. It’s just whether we can withstand it, if we can, then it makes it slightly more interesting. At the very least, we have to make it difficult because the Liverpool game in particular was like a training match. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

What when Walsh scored a last minute own goal to keep them up?

It is time to pay us back - last minute Trippier own goal for a 2-1 away win would be beautiful! Thanks toon

From what I remember, ultimately whatever the result had no bearing on the final destination of both clubs due to results elsewhere. Newcastle would've stayed up and we would've been in the play-offs. It was lively that day and any Newcastle fans that where there have good reason to not look too fondly at our club. 

4 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Oh they’ll come at us full force. Especially first 20 minutes, they’d have researched how we fold so easily and how we can’t defend. He’ll be trying to kill the game in the first 30 minutes without doubt. Why would they sit back in any case? They are at home, they’ll go hard at us. It’s just whether we can withstand it, if we can, then it makes it slightly more interesting. At the very least, we have to make it difficult because the Liverpool game in particular was like a training match. 

We looked ok in the Liverpool match until Klopp made a tactical switch and Smith had no idea how to respond. Then it was effectively all over before half-time. 

Smith has to try something different tonight. While it seems counterintuitive for a must-win game, I think he should try three at the back with Mendy and (if fit) KDH in front of them. If for once we succeed in getting to the second half without going behind, we can push for a winner. The only way we can win this is by keeping it tight early on - if it's too open, it will be over by half time again. 

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

We looked ok in the Liverpool match until Klopp made a tactical switch and Smith had no idea how to respond. Then it was effectively all over before half-time. 

Smith has to try something different tonight. While it seems counterintuitive for a must-win game, I think he should try three at the back with Mendy and (if fit) KDH in front of them. If for once we succeed in getting to the second half without going behind, we can push for a winner. The only way we can win this is by keeping it tight early on - if it's too open, it will be over by half time again. 

I get the logic in being tight early on. But we still concede whether we are tight or attacking. Might as well go for it and try and score first.