Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Toon away

19 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Is KDH fit?

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Apparently not likely, less likely than Kel

I thought Smith said about KDH having an injection to play through the pain?

I don’t believe any footballer is ever 100% fit.

I guess it is down to whether he can run as his engine is definitely missed but the exclusion of Mendy who definitely hasn’t been mentioned for carrying a knock is criminal.

• Like 2

Given how utterly appalling we've been for months, it's unbelievable that staying up is still (technically at least) in our hands. As my youngest said to me this morning we only needed to win 2 rather than 1 of the last 14 games to go into the West Ham match with a really good chance. I think after years in the top half we'd forgotten just how bad the bottom 4/5 teams are each season. It's been some effort to plumb these depths. 

37 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

As far as I can tell someone please correct me if I'm wrong there are still 2 scenarios in which we can stay up

1. We win both games (as long as Leeds and everton don't win 8 or 9 - 0)

2. We lose to Newcastle and beat West ham and Leeds fail to win and everton lose on the last day

However neither of these scenarios seem that likely

1. We win both games and Everton don't win by at least 9 goals (depending how much we win by). Leeds can't catch us if we win both.

2. We draw at Newcastle and beat West Ham (or vice-versa), Everton draw or lose and Leeds don't win by at least 10 goals (depending how much we win by).

3. We lose at Newcastle and beat West Ham (or vice-versa), Everton lose and Leeds lose or draw.

4. On Sunday, an eagle with wings of the finest spun gold swoops down into the centre circle with an envelope in its beak. Vardy opens it to reveal that the FA have deducted 10 points from Everton for breaches of FFP rules. The fans go wild, chairing Dan Amartey off the pitch, chanting "for he's a jolly good fellow" to Tielemans etc.

My money's on No. 4.

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

Escape (The Pina Colada Song by John Terry) 

If you hate Preston and Watford
And playin' Stoke in the rain
If you're not into West Brom
If you have half a brain
If you hate getting home at midnight
Carrow Road, Ashton Gate
Then get the wins that we hope for
And we'll plan our escape

Love it

5 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I don’t believe any footballer is ever 100% fit.

I guess it is down to whether he can run as his engine is definitely missed but the exclusion of Mendy who definitely hasn’t been mentioned for carrying a knock is criminal.

Youri and Evans certainly aren't. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Youri and Evans certainly aren't. 

Evans at least plays in a position where experience can guide you through the game easier - not saying that’s what he did against Liverpool but it’s been proven countless other times by others.

Youri’s lack of athleticism particularly in the last couple of games is actually criminal from a professional.

I’ve seen it on here from others but genuinely think he’ll be playing in much lower leagues before he’s 30 as his body is doing what a lot of other players bodies did when played competitively at such a young age, Rooney springs to mind.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

From what I remember, ultimately whatever the result had no bearing on the final destination of both clubs due to results elsewhere. Newcastle would've stayed up and we would've been in the play-offs. It was lively that day and any Newcastle fans that where there have good reason to not look too fondly at our club. 

...we also played them in the great escape and they were lucky to leave the crowd without a cricket score against their name, we were great on that day!!!

We played with a back three, Albrighton had come into the team on the right and we camped in their half of the pitch, great atmosphere, I came back from that game believing that no one could beat us.

24 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

If the 'Florists' can beat the 'Gooners' we can certainly expect 3 points tonight.

...it was just like Spurs all over again, cruising, looking un-flappable then out of nowhere, dropping points when you least expected it!!!

It does go to show how the mental fortitude of our players carried us to the title. People were expecting us to blow up, even I dare say Leicester supporters, and if we did it was still a massive achievement to have got into that position.

Talent can only take you so far, it has been proven time and time again, the number of talented players that never made it, the Charltons I believe had another brother who they said was better than both of them, he obviously lacked what they had to see it through.

We need energy, concentration and aggression in the middle tonight. The problem is that KDH is injured and Ndidi hasn't shown any of those traits for 18 months or so. Mendy is the obvious starter, but for whatever reason Smith doesn't rate him.

34 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Hope the physios have plenty of spare needles for our poor travelling contingent tonight 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Is KDH confirmed out for this game?

Deano's comments on Thursday suggested he was doubtful and unlikely to be fully fit, rather than confirmed out.

Hadn't trained at that point, but said they'd see how he got on in training on Saturday.

I'd read that as: might or might not be fit to play some part, but probably not 90 mins. :dunno:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Deano's comments on Thursday suggested he was doubtful and unlikely to be fully fit, rather than confirmed out.

Hadn't trained at that point, but said they'd see how he got on in training on Saturday.

I'd read that as: might or might not be fit to play some part, but probably not 90 mins. :dunno:

He's not trained for weeks, and needs an injection to to even be considered. If he makes it, he's going to be way off the pace. Very, very doubtful. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Is it true that Maddison isn’t available tonight? Heard a rumour….

Doubt it mate. Maddison will be there like he always is when we need him most. 

Whether it's to make it 3-0 against Huddersfield or 8-0 against Southampton, he's there when it counts.

• Haha 1