Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Toon away

On 21/05/2023 at 10:22, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Genuinely can see many clubs not wanting them - this fiasco is such a poor reflection on them, particularly their mentality

Was thinking about this the other day. 

If a club does any sort of profile check for the generic things of putting a shift in etc, a lot of this group will fail.

You just need to skim the last few seasons to see that when shit gets tough, many of these hide.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I feel weird going into this game. Like I don’t feel nervous at all. I was shitting it before Bournemouth, Everton, leeds, Fulham but I just feel like this team have let us down so many times I can’t even begin to expect we’ll get anything from this. Like how is everything that has gone wrong this season suddenly going to rectify itself in one game? But then on the flip side, it’s football. Anything can happen. But I feel numb to it now, anyone else the sa

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Given how utterly appalling we've been for months, it's unbelievable that staying up is still (technically at least) in our hands. As my youngest said to me this morning we only needed to win 2 rather than 1 of the last 14 games to go into the West Ham match with a really good chance. I think after years in the top half we'd forgotten just how bad the bottom 4/5 teams are each season. It's been some effort to plumb these depths. 

I did read/hear a few pundits saying the points needed to survive have got a lot less over the years. Bamford, Rice and Maddison fighting for premier league survival, will their reputation survive?

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

Evans at least plays in a position where experience can guide you through the game easier - not saying that’s what he did against Liverpool but it’s been proven countless other times by others.

Youri’s lack of athleticism particularly in the last couple of games is actually criminal from a professional.

I’ve seen it on here from others but genuinely think he’ll be playing in much lower leagues before he’s 30 as his body is doing what a lot of other players bodies did when played competitively at such a young age, Rooney springs to mind.

from the Rooney interview I read a while ago, when he accepted he was off the pace for his preferred position, he’d have played almost any position just get on the pitch for England.

46 minutes ago, Ricey said:

We need energy, concentration and aggression in the middle tonight. The problem is that KDH is injured and Ndidi hasn't shown any of those traits for 18 months or so. Mendy is the obvious starter, but for whatever reason Smith doesn't rate him.

Man of the match in the African cup of nations final against Salah, can’t get a regular place in premier league relegation candidates, even against Salah FFS.

• Haha 1

It’s ****ing cute how were all thinking of miracle permutations of getting out of this, while Grimmy Castagne’s thick skull is thinking about the best way to play three players inside for 3-0 tonight 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if that is the case, and I have no idea if it is true, then I would bring in Praet and not trust Tielemans at all!!!

Wouldn’t let Preat anywhere near the team after the Fulham game - worst individual performance by an outfield player this season by some distance, and when you consider the season we’ve had that takes some doing.

• Like 1

Don't do it to yourselves chaps. Use the time to enjoy yourself or practise a skill. I'm going to have nice long gym session, do some practise for my hobbies, play on the switch and then read until bed.

We have limited time on this dump heap of a planet that is better spent doing almost anything else rather than watching Newcastle tear through this bunch of preening overpaid crybabies like wet tissue paper.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Wouldn’t let Preat anywhere near the team after the Fulham game - worst individual performance by an outfield player this season by some distance, and when you consider the season we’ve had that takes some doing.

...we played him as a wide forward!!!

He is a #8, that is his position, whatever Smith is seeing or being told in training he is getting the wrong information. He has a genuine right Winger in Tete he could have used, even just to stretch the pitch, but resorted to playing a player who has had limited game time, in a position he is not suited for.

17 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Can only see it being 352 but then that surely means no Barnes?

I would go without Barnes. Barnes, Tielemans and Maddison are not going to get us out of this. Technically our best players but they have little to no desire for this club. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, blue blood said:

On paper I agree but 4-1-3-2 at a push feels a bit like square pegs and round holes?

Yeah I think that’s our issue. I truly believe they’re our best 11 players currently but they don’t quite fit together. Unless you shove Maddison out wide. 

Let's be as grim as possible.

Our only chance of a win is a 1-0 win (why it's so unlikely)

Iversen

Amartey Souttar Evans

Ricardo Faes Mendy Kristiansen 

Maddison      KDH

Vardy

4 at the back clearly won't work vs Eddie Howe's intense presser machine, 5 at the back with 2 up front is the way to go.

I would like to see Ndidi, Faes and one of Tielemans/Soumaré ruled out for this one.

Daka / Barnes to replace Vardy : 4-3-3 if we're behind / keep it defensive if we lead.

# Soyuncu - KDH : Not fit.

# Ndidi - Faes : Bombscare & Prone to silly mistakes.

# Soumaré - Tielemans : Lacking in mobility & energy.

# Praet : Sub par / Average.

LINEUP111684754414414.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Stowell was MkII DS is MkIII

...Sadler was Mk11, prior to this Stowell was unbeaten, 5 wins from 8 with 3 draws (alongside Powel)!!!

Sadler was calling the shots and he was nowhere near suitable. I would rather have Shakey and Stowell, than Smith at the helm.

So tragic that Iheanacho got injured. He genuinely cares. Literally made a killer pass seconds after injuring his groin then went insane and got the crowd going as he went off. Honestly most the other squad should be embarrassed when they look at him. Vardy aside, he’s the only player who’s really got nothing to be ashamed of. We should do everything we can to keep him and build the team around him next season. I think the best we’ve looked since Smith came in was the second half against Leeds when he just thought “fvck it” and went for it . That would be…..

Iversen

Castagne   Faes   Cage   VK

Tielemans Soumare

Maddison

Daka Iheanacho Vardy

(Front 4 interchanging).

Not saying we should do that tonight as we’d probably get overrun but it’s food for thought. 

It doesn’t matter really. As we always concede we’re effectively 1-0 down before we start. We have to score two just to have any chance of a win.

That’s not happening here. I still think it will be one of Newcastle’s easiest games this season. 

I’d like to be proven wrong, but our previous must win games (Southampton away, Bournemouth home, Leeds away, Everton home, Fulham away, Liverpool home) suggest I won’t be. This current team has put me at my lowest ebb since the team that delivered relegation from the Championship :nono::(

Iversen (but don't let him take the kicks!)

Faes     Souttar    Evans

Ricardo     Ndidi      Mendy   Castagne

Maddison

Iheanacho       Barnes

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Don't do it to yourselves chaps. Use the time to enjoy yourself or practise a skill. I'm going to have nice long gym session, do some practise for my hobbies, play on the switch and then read until bed.

We have limited time on this dump heap of a planet that is better spent doing almost anything else rather than watching Newcastle tear through this bunch of preening overpaid crybabies like wet tissue paper.

Scrap that I’m going to log in and out of FoxesTalk all day, do as little work as possible then crack open a beer and bathe in the only bit of hope that is remaining.