Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Toon away

Why do I keep reading reports we're going to play an unchanged team from the one that started against Liverpool?

If there's any truth in this, someone needs to remind Dean Smith we didn't do very well after the first 20 odd mins of that game ...

6 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Why do I keep reading reports we're going to play an unchanged team from the one that started against Liverpool?

If there's any truth in this, someone needs to remind Dean Smith we didn't do very well after the first 20 odd mins of that game ...

Where are you reading this?

Not a popular position. But I would go super defensive and load the midfield/defence. These days we simply can't defend. So the only way we win. Is if we remarkably find a clean sheet and hit them on the rare break / set-piece. We can't win if 2-0 in 15 mins. Lock it up and sucker punch them. Play an open game and we are mincemeat 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Has anyone crap beaten them at their place in the last two seasons? I think this game is likely as daunting a task as playing Man City away, even though it might not feel like it.

Either way wr have to show some fight and bravery. In a one off game anything theoretically can happen but its high time we had something to say about that.

They've lost twice and drawn five this season 

lost v arsenal a couple weeks ago 

6 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Would anybody on here be against this team?

iverson 

Ricardo

soyunco(if fit)

evans

castagne

mendy 

ndidi

daka

ian

barnes 

Vardy 

just go route one, long ball and counter attack at pace 

...if that is the way you want to play, why this formation!!!

4 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

iverson 

Ricardo

soyunco(if fit)

evans

castagne

mendy 

ndidi

daka

ian

barnes 

Vardy 

well cags isnt fit for a start (according to smith who said he would hopefully be available for west ham)

and we shouldn't need wilf AND papy.  but i get that with a route one direct approach you dont need midfilders that can pass!  they're fairly quick at the back and good in the air - route one could see us with very little second ball 

My last chance of a positive , still PL team selection..

So we go for broke…

Iversen

Souttar. Evans  Faes

Mendy
                 Ricardo.        Soyuncu    

KDH.    Praet

Maddison

Nacho

Trying to prevent early oppo goals,but still a chance of hitting on the break.

Then later…Nacho stays on,but we push with sub-Barnes & Vardy.

When and who,depends on how we are doing through last 20 in the game..

For those forgetting, our lot conceded 5 vs Fulham who had their 2 best attacking players missing in a game that they had nothing to play for. We will do well to keep it to 5 in this one too. Newcastle will be going all out attack to guarantee European football tonight. For those going, secure your tin hats (you’re mad!!!)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Not a popular position. But I would go super defensive and load the midfield/defence. These days we simply can't defend. So the only way we win. Is if we remarkably find a clean sheet and hit them on the rare break / set-piece. We can't win if 2-0 in 15 mins. Lock it up and sucker punch them. Play an open game and we are mincemeat 

The problem is going ultra defensive they will just pass the ball around the back slowly not getting anywhere until they lose it and concede. That scenario sums up this season.  The midfield will just pass back rather then attempt to get the ball forward.  Evans is too slow in releasing the ball, the same with Iverson. Good shot stopper but he just stands around while his brain works out what to do, no counter attacks will happen with him in goal.  Then after the opposition have reset he kicks it out. 

We need to play attacking football and keep the ball away from the DMs and defence. 

17 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

iverson 

Ricardo

soyunco(if fit)

evans

castagne

mendy 

ndidi

daka

ian

barnes 

Vardy 

Yes. Going into the Liverpool game, Ndidi hadn't made a tackle in 3 games. I didn't watch that game but as far as I know, it's now 4 games. Utterly ridiculous for a DM. He can't pass, if he's not tackling then what is he doing? 

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Heard rumours that Maddison is dropped and that he isnt even in the squad tonight... 

Can't say I would be surprised if this is true, kind of tells us all we need to know about his potential move to Newcastle imo. 

I'm not buying the 'ill' or picked up a 'slight knock' in training card. 

Just now, Filberts lovechild said:

Iverson

souttar evans Faes

mendy

Ricardo.                         Castagne

Tielemans.   Maddison

Vardy

i think we’re screwed whatever we do tho

Playing with only 9 outfield players it seems likely

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Filberts lovechild said:

Iverson

souttar evans Faes

mendy

Ricardo.                         Castagne

Tielemans.   Maddison

Vardy

i think we’re screwed whatever we do tho

Starting with 10 we’re definitely screwed - put Kelechi or Barnes in as well?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TJQuik said:

Don't do it to yourselves chaps. Use the time to enjoy yourself or practise a skill. I'm going to have nice long gym session, do some practise for my hobbies, play on the switch and then read until bed.

We have limited time on this dump heap of a planet that is better spent doing almost anything else rather than watching Newcastle tear through this bunch of preening overpaid crybabies like wet tissue paper.

This is excellent advice, and to be honest it applies to any match you're not actually going to. Do something else, and just find out the result later.

You won't be any less happy if it goes well.

You won't be any more unhappy if it goes badly (and you may well be less unhappy).

And you'll save yourself loads of stress in the meantime.

23 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

It should be the most popular position- its the only way we stand any chance at all- Mendy, Tielemans and KDH in midfield- maddison in front of them and kel up top- back 5 of ricardo and castagne as wing backs and souttar with evans and 1 other- get men behind the bloody ball and make us hard to beat - should have been what smith should have been doing from man city onwards but he is as cluless as ndidi and soumare ffs

Heard a clip of Smith talking about tonight's game and he says we need to go back to.....then he paused.......then he said......being hard to beat. Needless to say whilst eating my lunch at the time, I need to get my van valeted as I spat the contents of mouth all over the interior. So we may see a change of formation and attitude tonight, Lord knows why he's announcing his tactics before the game though

Edited by splinterdream

28 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

i would have done this since DS came in. try and nick a goal or two....