Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Toon away

It's usually at around this time before a match where I've somehow managed to convince myself we can get something out of it (even did it for man city away). Not this time. I genuinely would rather play any other fixture in the league right now other than Newcastle away. I watched them against Brighton and the physicality and energy they brought to the game was scary. It's a nightmare of a match up for us and I can't think of any game in the history of supporting this club where I've been more convinced we'll get beaten and beaten heavily. Not even bothered thinking about potential line ups cus I don't think it will make any difference. 

37 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Would anybody on here be against this team?

iverson 

Ricardo

soyunco(if fit)

evans

castagne

mendy 

ndidi

daka

ian

barnes 

Vardy 

just go route one, long ball and counter attack at pace 

I'd play 5 at the back

4 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Youri thunderbolt, Maddison free kick, Vardy and Barnes with a direct run through and. Leicester come out 4-2 winners if carslberg did away days

Youri needs a thunderbolt up his arse! Playing him is like playing one light .

Think Newcastle fans will be nervous.

They won't take us for granted, knowing we can obviously be dangerous when the team wants to, plus they'll feel under pressure to get the point or so to confirm a Champions League place.

Edited by Wymsey

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Good chance Newcastle play 17 year old Lewis Miley in midfield tonight. 

Apparently they've got quite a few injuries, including Joelinton.

I enjoy this, all the match day Hope's and Dreams, with the Fulham and Liverpool  games behind us, with some hope that the team will have had a word, and all of a sudden feel an imense sense of pride and loyalty to the cause, we can but hope.

Then my mind wonders back to the Fulham and Liverpool matches and countless others this season, and a realisation that it doesn't look great starts again, then add in the Dean Smith and the rest of the comedy road show of coaches factor, and a win seems highly unlikely, to win this match tonight would be the biggest shock, and therefore biggest moral boost this season. 

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

They won't take us for granted, knowing we can obviously be dangerous when the team wants to, plus they'll feel under pressure to get the point or so to confirm a Champions League place.

Newcastle fans will only be nervous if they haven’t watched a game of ours this season. We are the perfect team for the them to play. 

33 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

The problem is going ultra defensive they will just pass the ball around the back slowly not getting anywhere until they lose it and concede. That scenario sums up this season.  The midfield will just pass back rather then attempt to get the ball forward.  Evans is too slow in releasing the ball, the same with Iverson. Good shot stopper but he just stands around while his brain works out what to do, no counter attacks will happen with him in goal.  Then after the opposition have reset he kicks it out. 

We need to play attacking football and keep the ball away from the DMs and defence. 

...that is assuming that Newcastle sits off, they are not going to, your vision does not support the likelihood of this happening !!!

We need a DM such as Mendy, someone comfortable with the ball, we also needed someone to transition the ball after the opposition's moves breakdown, so Maddison or Praet. Barnes on the left Tete on the right and Vardy clinical on the end of things.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

Apparently they've got quite a few injuries, including Joelinton.

Joelinton is apparently fit, going by their posts on their forum reacting to social media posts. Although could be a bit of mind games from the club :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...that is assuming that Newcastle sits off, they are not going to, your vision does not support the likelihood of this happening !!!

We need a DM such as Mendy, someone comfortable with the ball, we also needed someone to transition the ball after the opposition's moves breakdown. Barnes on the left Tete on the right and Vardy clinical on the end of things.

I’d rather put myself on the right wing than our glorious Brazilian winger Tete

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Back at a point of believing ffs.

We will lose tonight but play well. Beat West Ham and survive because of other results going our way.

I just don’t see any possibility of Everton losing at home to Bournemouth.

38 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Heard rumours that Maddison is dropped and that he isnt even in the squad tonight... 

well we did win the one he didn’t play since smith has been here.

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

We need a DM such as Mendy, someone comfortable with the ball, we also needed someone to transition the ball after the opposition's moves breakdown, so Maddison or Praet. Barnes on the left Tete on the right and Vardy clinical on the end of things.

It actually doesn’t matter what style of football or players we play.  The defence and midfield have been brain dead all season, they will over play and give the ball away after passing around the back. 

1 minute ago, Blue-fox said:

I’d rather put myself on the right wing than our glorious Brazilian winger Tete

...he takes too many touches, he needs to move the ball a lot quicker, switch play to Barnes and he needs to get into the box if Barnes is driving into the area, Barnes tends not to anticipate and is not where he should be at the back post!!!

Tete had movement and shifted the ball quickly when he first arrived, now he holds on and get crowded out and channelled down the line on his weaker foot.

42 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Heard rumours that Maddison is dropped and that he isnt even in the squad tonight... 

This sort of thing does my head in.  He's probably not in the right "head space".  He knows he's going to Newcastle next season and doesn't want to jeopardise Champions League football or do anything to upset his future fan base.  

We pay him some hamdsome wages to do a job for us.  Talk about professionalism.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

They are as good as qualified already aren’t they, thanks to their superior goal difference 

3 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

It actually doesn’t matter what style of football or players we play.  The defence and midfield have been brain dead all season, they will over play and give the ball away after passing around the back. 

...they will not be having much possession, it will not be needed or welcomed!!!

We would just be playing into Newcastle's hands, as it would be what they would want us to do. They can't afford to sit off us, their fans will not allow it, so they will want to continually come forward, we will just be setting traps.