Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Toon away

As sad as it makes me sound, and despite all I’ve seen this season, I’m still hanging on to the smallest amount of hope and will do until it’s mathematically certain.

Leeds, Forest and Everton to all lose this weekend then a point for us here and there’s hope on the final day.

It’s a long shot, but it’s a funny old game and who knows.

Keep what’s left of the faith!

• Like 2

This will end up as the worst result of the season and quite possibly the worst result in our history.

Results will go our way at the weekend meaning there's pressure on the players and we all know how well they all cope with it.. 

If Newcastle beat Brighton on Thursday then I think they will demolish us - talking 5 or 6 nil.

Because in that scenario we'll be guaranteed down and they'll be guaranteed top 4. Absolutely no chance does this set of soppy ***** stand up to the heat up there.

It'll go 1-0 after about 25 minutes and then the floodgates will open like they always do.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Wishful thinking but maybe Nacho might be back and he has one of those games where he pulls something out of his ass from nowhere and we scrape a point.

Point is no longer good enough. It's win or bust 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jim5000 said:

The only question is how long into the first half will it take for us to be 2-0 down.

We are a complete disaster of a club at the moment. The entire city is resigned to relegation, there is zero confidence or belieft anywhere in the club, the city, the county, or the national fan base, that there is any possibility of survival. The entire mentality of the team is broken and the management and playing staff need a complete revamp over the summer. Unfortunately with no budget.

5-1 Newcastle (Barnes)

I believe.

Iversen 

Ricardo, Souttar, Cags*, Kristiansen

Mendy

Maddison, Tielemans, KDH, Barnes

Iheanacho*

Keep it fairly safe, don't do anything stupid, they score a lot of their goals on the counter but they lack creativity in the middle of the park. 

Nobody wants to talk about this because we're refusing to be optimistic and everyone is depressed af but any one point from the Newcastle and Liverpool games would probably give us a good chance going in to the final day of an unlikely escape, unless Arsenal really melt. 

It's not beyond us to get a point at Newcastle, most of the teams they've stuffed lately have fallen in to the trap of chasing the game to try and win. We don't need to unless Forest get a result against Arsenal and/or Leeds win at West Ham and then we're fvcked anyway. 

(*are they fit? If not Evans and Vards I guess. Faes needs dropping for his own sakes.)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Iversen 

Ricardo, Souttar, Cags*, Kristiansen

Mendy

Maddison, Tielemans, KDH, Barnes

Iheanacho*

Keep it fairly safe, don't do anything stupid, they score a lot of their goals on the counter but they lack creativity in the middle of the park. 

Nobody wants to talk about this because we're refusing to be optimistic and everyone is depressed af but any one point from the Newcastle and Liverpool games would probably give us a good chance going in to the final day of an unlikely escape, unless Arsenal really melt. 

It's not beyond us to get a point at Newcastle, most of the teams they've stuffed lately have fallen in to the trap of chasing the game to try and win. We don't need to unless Forest get a result against Arsenal and/or Leeds win at West Ham and then we're fvcked anyway. 

(*are they fit? If not Evans and Vards I guess. Faes needs dropping for his own sakes.)

Madders needs dropping.  He will overplay in this. If Nacho is available put in in Madders spot and stick Vardy up front.

• Like 1

Smithies 

Castagne

Evans

Souttar

Soyuncu 

Ricardo

Mendy

KDH

Ndidi

Barnes

Vardy

We should play a 3-5-2. Newcastle utilise the wings well so we need to shut up shop. They have players who can run with the ball and strong athletic players so no matter what side we put out we are on to a loser as we simply don't have that. 

Smithies comes in as let's get some experience in the back line. He can't be no worse than the others.

Ndidi has been poor but we need some sort of strength in midfield against joelinton. I'd rather have him than soumare who puts in zero effort.

Mendy to literally man mark guimares and shut him down. 

KDH as although not great I want someone in midfield who's going to run non stop.

Sit back, defend but  Transition on the break  Quickly with Barnes and vardy and KDH to support but we have two up top so we still put the two opposing  centre halfs under pressure when we do get the ball.

Barnes to come short and vardy or even daka to run in behind to stretch the play. If nacho available he starts instead of vardy

Let's at least have some sort of plan on how to approach the game.

Maddison youri all on bench as quite frankly they couldn't care less

Edited by TrickyTrevLeftPeg