Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Toon away

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Maddison missing his third game against Newcastle this season.....absolutely ****.

Its important they dont get to see how bad he looks in a game. As long as they see the highlight reals the fans will be happy to pay top Riyal for him.

10 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Maddison missing his third game against Newcastle this season.....absolutely ****.

Is that right - he would have missed all 3 against them- wow- what an absolute t*sser that lad is 

21 minutes ago, Gallowgate said:

Afternoon Foxes. NUFC fan here.

I am sorry to see the type of season you're having, admittedly I have little to no knowledge as to why it's went wrong - my lazy comparison would be of our 2009 side that was relegated, maybe even 2016 too. On paper it looks far too talented to be at the bottom end of the table, but as we all know heart and desire can provide more than talent ever could, as demonstrated by your title winning side of the very same year.

I'm not expecting an easy game tonight and was actually hoping you'd more or less be down by now. Sorry! But thankfully we only need a point, and I'd take one now if offered. I would definitely feel better, and was certainly less nervous when we needed to win. Needing only a draw is a strange one, but we will play to win.

At home we generally start very fast, normally creating a good few chances within the first 10/20 minutes, a beautiful culmination was that Spurs game when we were 5-0 up in 20 minutes. It genuinely had been coming for a while though.

Joelinton is expected to be fit which is huge for us, he's been our best player this season, and there's also some (maybe optimistic) rumours that Longstaff is back too, which would be huge as he's been our unsung hero this season for his contributions off the ball. In all likelihood you'll see Anderson in for Willock as our only change from the Brighton game on Thursday. 

You will almost certainly score - despite keeping 11 consecutive clean sheets at one point this season, we've only kept 1 since January. The key thing for Leicester will be to manage the first 20 minutes and then anything can happen. The crowd will be up for it, given the stake, and the players feed off that in our other evening games. Under Howe we've played 12 evening home games, winning 10 and drawing 2. That is the type of statistic that terrifies me, though.

I would be sorry to see Leicester drop. Not here to rub anyone's back but that title win did give us all a little hope and it was the best footballing story in this country in my lifetime, for sure. Everybody was rooting for you and I've had nothing but pleasant exchanges with Leicester fans home and away - Boxing Day 2022 I was with a group of older Leicester fans for about 2 hours pre-match and they were absolutely great. It will be sad to see you drop but I'm pretty sure you'll be back the following season. But let's hope Bournemouth and Spurs can do you a favour, I'd love nothing more than to see Big Sam AND Everton drop.

I wish we could shake hands on a point but I know you need all 3!

Best of luck for Sunday and whatever division you are in next season, Keep the Faith. 

You’re definitely safe for a champions league place, it would take a real swing in fortune for you not to make it, even with an unlikely defeat today. 

I hope your owners carry on operating as they have done so far, Howe has done an excellent job, and you haven’t really done it by throwing mega money around, which is probably why a lot of fans are pleased to see you doing well. 

Having said that, you can afford a little slip up tonight, like I said, you won’t finish outside the top four now, plus you’ll likely slap Chelsea next weekend anyway! 

• Like 1

Maddison pulling out emphasises the loser mentality running through the squad. 

Yes, I agree completely. Maddison and Tielemans are technically our best players but they have no desire for this club. They couldnt find the strength when running for the CL. They have shown their weakness repeatedly during this run. These two are not the £60m + players we know and have known. They havent been that for us for at least a year. 

We are not "better" without them but we dont have some increase levels with them in the side. They do not want to be here and I cannot fathom why they have such disregard for the club given what has been given to them. At least with a few others in there we wont just collapse as we have been doing. 

Maddison pulling out is planned and its a sad way for him to choose to end his time at the club. However, if its KDH, Mendy, Praet, Kel or whoever, let it be - we'll get some effort today, that I am sure of. Not a clue if we win but I'd love it (Kevin Keegan voice). 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Torten said:

Really think we need Mendy in for this

We've needed Mendy in for weeks, but for reasons known only to himself, Smith hasn't seen it that way. Hopefully he'll see sense tonight, albeit it's almost certainly too late now.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Gallowgate said:

Afternoon Foxes. NUFC fan here.

I am sorry to see the type of season you're having, admittedly I have little to no knowledge as to why it's went wrong - my lazy comparison would be of our 2009 side that was relegated, maybe even 2016 too. On paper it looks far too talented to be at the bottom end of the table, but as we all know heart and desire can provide more than talent ever could, as demonstrated by your title winning side of the very same year.

I'm not expecting an easy game tonight and was actually hoping you'd more or less be down by now. Sorry! But thankfully we only need a point, and I'd take one now if offered. I would definitely feel better, and was certainly less nervous when we needed to win. Needing only a draw is a strange one, but we will play to win.

At home we generally start very fast, normally creating a good few chances within the first 10/20 minutes, a beautiful culmination was that Spurs game when we were 5-0 up in 20 minutes. It genuinely had been coming for a while though.

Joelinton is expected to be fit which is huge for us, he's been our best player this season, and there's also some (maybe optimistic) rumours that Longstaff is back too, which would be huge as he's been our unsung hero this season for his contributions off the ball. In all likelihood you'll see Anderson in for Willock as our only change from the Brighton game on Thursday. 

You will almost certainly score - despite keeping 11 consecutive clean sheets at one point this season, we've only kept 1 since January. The key thing for Leicester will be to manage the first 20 minutes and then anything can happen. The crowd will be up for it, given the stake, and the players feed off that in our other evening games. Under Howe we've played 12 evening home games, winning 10 and drawing 2. That is the type of statistic that terrifies me, though.

I would be sorry to see Leicester drop. Not here to rub anyone's back but that title win did give us all a little hope and it was the best footballing story in this country in my lifetime, for sure. Everybody was rooting for you and I've had nothing but pleasant exchanges with Leicester fans home and away - Boxing Day 2022 I was with a group of older Leicester fans for about 2 hours pre-match and they were absolutely great. It will be sad to see you drop but I'm pretty sure you'll be back the following season. But let's hope Bournemouth and Spurs can do you a favour, I'd love nothing more than to see Big Sam AND Everton drop.

I wish we could shake hands on a point but I know you need all 3!

Best of luck for Sunday and whatever division you are in next season, Keep the Faith. 

Thanks for the advice.

Kind regards,
Dean Smith

In all seriousness, you guys have progressed far quicker than I'd expected and I thought you'd have done away with Howe quickly when he first got appointed. Work quite a bit with Geordies, and it's a second home for me.. always been decent, was tempted to go to the match tonight but personal reasons have prevented that. Personally, I don't think you've anything to worry about, but what will be, will be. I'd take a point now, but we desperately need a win from somewhere.

• Like 1

Every time I think I can't dislike a former Leicester player more (First it was Maguire, then it was Chilwell, then Fofana....), another one comes along. 

Hope Maddison gets booed to smithereens when we're eventually back in the prem. 

Knowing our fans he'll go to Chelsea, we'll applaud him/Chilwell & then boo Kante  :thumbup:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Broken toe

Broke it queuing for Wembley tickets for Cov!

Sends out a red flag to potential managers though, Southgate didn’t trust him either(not that I am praising Southgate) be interesting if Maddison delivers when it really matters wherever he ends up

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BenTayfour said:

4 at the back clearly won't work vs Eddie Howe's intense presser machine, 5 at the back with 2 up front is the way to go.

I would like to see Ndidi, Faes and one of Tielemans/Soumaré ruled out for this one.

Daka / Barnes to replace Vardy : 4-3-3 if we're behind / keep it defensive if we lead.

# Soyuncu - KDH : Not fit.

# Ndidi - Faes : Bombscare & Prone to silly mistakes.

# Soumaré - Tielemans : Lacking in mobility & energy.

# Praet : Sub par / Average.

LINEUP111684754414414.png

Won’t even get out of our half with that lineup. 

5 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Every time I think I can't dislike a former Leicester player more (First it was Maguire, then it was Chilwell, then Fofana....), another one comes along. 

Hope Maddison gets booed to smithereens when we're eventually back in the prem. 

Knowing our fans he'll go to Chelsea, we'll applaud him/Chilwell & then boo Kante  :thumbup:

Chilwell was not getting any applause last time i checked!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blue-fox said:

Would anybody on here be against this team?

iverson 

Ricardo

soyunco(if fit)

evans

castagne

mendy 

ndidi

daka

ian

barnes 

Vardy 

just go route one, long ball and counter attack at pace 

Daka out and Maddison in, nacho on the right of the 3 would be my call. Daka will offer nothing 

22 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Maddison pulling out emphasises the loser mentality running through the squad. 

Yes, I agree completely. Maddison and Tielemans are technically our best players but they have no desire for this club. They couldnt find the strength when running for the CL. They have shown their weakness repeatedly during this run. These two are not the £60m + players we know and have known. They havent been that for us for at least a year. 

We are not "better" without them but we dont have some increase levels with them in the side. They do not want to be here and I cannot fathom why they have such disregard for the club given what has been given to them. At least with a few others in their we wont just collapse as we have been doing. 

Maddison pulling out is planned and its a sad way for him to choose to end his time at the club. However, if its KDH, Mendy, Praet, Kel or whoever, let it be - we'll get some effort today, that I am sure of. Not a clue if we win but I'd love it (Kevin Keegan voice). 

I think Youri is a bit different he will put in a performance but he’s just not been very fit lately which shows but he can always unlock a defence or score a worldie and that’s what we will need tonight 

• Like 1

Shit like this will come back to haunt him. In this era, players have to be mentally prepared to run through walls as well as have the technical skill. He'll be found out at some point again, just wait till man united come calling 

Edited by UniFox21

Youri tielemens really is the difficult one, because we know he can be brilliant, but so many games he's been shocking. We really have to be willing to pull him quickly if he looks to be half arsed. I'm right in thinking he was pulled at half time against Liverpool?