Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Toon away

Guest nathan.
1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Youri tielemens really is the difficult one, because we know he can be brilliant, but so many games he's been shocking. We really have to be willing to pull him quickly if he looks to be half arsed. I'm right in thinking he was pulled at half time against Liverpool?

Tielemans plays like hes having a kick about with his son.

The sooner he leaves the better.

Just now, nathan. said:

Tielemans plays like hes having a kick about with his son.

The sooner he leaves the better.

Well just reading maddison is out, tielemens plays, it may work in out favour, he'll play higher up the pitch so you'd think mendy will come in with soumare, kdh not quite ready

Guest nathan.
Just now, Manc Fox J said:

Where is everyone drinking for this? Appreciate we won't exactly be taking over the City tonight!

Back garden mate

Iversen 

Faes

Souttar

Soyuncu

Pereira

Castagne 

Mendy

Soumare

Tielemans 

Vardy

Iheanacho 

Tielemans has been shit but there's no one else that can really occupy the Maddison-shaped hole. Pereira and Castagne as wing backs. 

Iheanacho simply has to start and hope that he remains injury-free. 

If KDH is back and fit (probably not?) I'd play him instead of Soumare. 

But we're so thin on the ground it'll be bad news if any more injuries are picked up. 

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think Youri is a bit different he will put in a performance but he’s just not been very fit lately which shows but he can always unlock a defence or score a worldie and that’s what we will need tonight 

Tielemans fitness and consistency has been a question now for over a year. For the odd worldly you risk him allowing one of their dynamic midfielders ghosting past him. That makes him a liability. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

Why on earth is Smith talking about 'at least a point'. Somehow, it is actually in our hands and we have to win, not draw to keep it that way. 

Probably talk of the point was before the Everton and Leeds game, no doubt we will now be going for the win.

9 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Only game he's won was when Maddison wasn't playing....

That was Wolves when we were in less danger than we are in now. The default of English managers when the pressure is on is safety first, without our supposed 'best player' that mentality is going to be reinforced.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

Why on earth is Smith talking about 'at least a point'. Somehow, it is actually in our hands and we have to win, not draw to keep it that way. 

I’m fed up of these weak minded managers. They don’t have to believe it but you look at De Zerbi. The pride in which he talks about Brighton. He and everyone else knows he’ll be out the door on the first big offer but while he is there, he talks about his pride, his ambition, the club not settling.

Compare that to what we have had. Rodgers telling us we are on par with Northampton Town and Smith acting like a set 8 teacher - great effort on switching on the calculator guys. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think Youri is a bit different he will put in a performance but he’s just not been very fit lately which shows but he can always unlock a defence or score a worldie and that’s what we will need tonight 

If you ignore his single penalty conversion, he's managed two goals and one assist this season in the PL. As a comparison, KDH is 2 and 2. 

What's really needed tonight is a someone who doesn't give the opposition midfielders a boner.

2 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I’m surprised if he’s bottling this one. He doesn’t give a crap about us and this is his audition 

Thats the problem. One of my team was in the away end for the Liverpool game, and she said she was shocked how bad Maddison was. Then she want on some rubbish spiel about Klopp would ever stand for that type of performance (i promptly switched off). Best for everyone that his audition is his highlights reel.

Edited by Chelmofox

8 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

I think Newcastle have drew 12 games and those included teams like Leeds, Palace, West Ham & Bournemouth.

They've only lost 5 and those included Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal & Liverpool.

Probably looking at getting a draw today, a win on Sunday & then hoping Everton get anything other than 3 points on Sunday.

That's the most likely thing, albeit it's extremely risky because the more you push against Newcastle,  the more your likely to get punished.

That said, Everton are at home on Sunday, with a brilliant home support, against a Bournemouth team who only have pride to play for.

I don't see Everton getting anything other than a comfortable 3 points on Sunday which means we need to win.

I'd rather go for the jugular today, and risk a hiding, than taking it to Sunday where I'd bet my mortgage that Everton will win anyway.