Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Toon away

3 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Going to just be wildly optimistic and say that since we've been written off, we're going to perform tonight.

think we will score first and then it's just whether we roll over under pressure for a 4-1 loss or grab another on the break and win 2-0 or 2-1.

Going to say 1-1 draw with a late Toon equaliser which probably won't be enough but gives us a chance on the final day with a winnable fixture.

"think we will score first" 

Not a chance even if we do manage to get something we won't start playing u till we go a goal down 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Mahrez still gets booed though which utterly baffles me

Jesus - short memories round here - that pillock went on bloody strike - refused to play - snake - yes he was great but you don’t forget that - maguire completely different - even played pre season at league 1 grounds before being sold 

Edited by jv1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Newcastle fear Joe Willock will miss their final two games after injuring his hamstring against Brighton.

A foot injury is likely to rule out Sean Longstaff, while Joelinton, Jacob Murphy and Kieran Trippier are doubts

• Like 1

It would be very Leicester to somehow win away at Newcastle and then get thrashed 0-5 at home on the final day of the season by the Hammers. 

That said, going by the current state of the team, I can't envisage anything other than humiliation in both of the remaining fixtures. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

...??? players don't negotiate the fee paid for them?

I mean they kind of do tbf. Kante negotiated a low release clause in his contract when he supposedly favoured the move to Monaco over us and leveraged the release clause as part of the contract so he had the possibility to use us as a stepping stone. 

24 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Jesus - short memories round here - that pillock went on bloody strike - refused to play - snake - yes he was great but you don’t forget that - maguire completely different - even played pre season at league 1 grounds before being sold 

It’s not short memories, this is exactly what we’re talking about. He missed 1 or 2 games over January because he wanted to further his career then came back and played well the 2nd half of the season. Personally if you think missing 2 games outweighs helping us win the league and that bring a “snake” when he was realistically far too good for us and gave us incredible memories is somehow worse then his performances on the pitch here then I think your priorities are massively out of proportion.

Edited by Sampson

1 minute ago, merlin1969 said:

Newcastle fear Joe Willock will miss their final two games after injuring his hamstring against Brighton.

A foot injury is likely to rule out Sean Longstaff, while Joelinton, Jacob Murphy and Kieran Trippier are doubts

Geordie youngster Elliot Anderson could be named in the starting line-up, with the likes of Anthony Gordon and Allan Saint-Maximin pushing for a start if Howe decides to change the formation. Kieran Trippier and Joelinton both picked up knocks in the 4-1 win over Brighton but are expected to start.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-vs-leicester-live-26965815

1 minute ago, Charnwood Norris said:

Geordie youngster Elliot Anderson could be named in the starting line-up, with the likes of Anthony Gordon and Allan Saint-Maximin pushing for a start if Howe decides to change the formation. Kieran Trippier and Joelinton both picked up knocks in the 4-1 win over Brighton but are expected to start.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-vs-leicester-live-26965815

Great. I've been saying Gordon and Saint-Maximim are overrated all season, so time for them to fire 4 past us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Kante or his agent? He took some convincing to sign with us and you had Marseille ready in the background. 

Exactly. It’s the exact same goal as Fofana kicking up a fuss to force a transfer. The lowball release clause is leverage to sign a contract if a player wants to use a club as a stepping stone. In many ways it’s far more blatant and cynical than kicking up a fuss as it shows the way you see playing for a club from the off. Why fans treat Kante with awe and Mahrez with hate I’ll never understand, Kante jumped ship far quicker and signed a far more cynical contract that he’d use us to further his career elsewhere. 

I love both players and don’t think either has done much wrong and will always want to see them do well, I’ll just never understand why some fans seem to hate Mahrez and call him a “snake” yet adore Kante.

Edited by Sampson

18 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

He was definitely booed on his first return - not as bad as Mahrez but booed nevertheless

I heard it too. But that was down to us finding out about his get-out clause after just one season which he invoked. We can only imagine what would have been if he had stayed with us for the following year's champions league campaign. He more than Mharez showed me the real side of modern football that stinks.

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Exactly. It’s the exact same goal as Fofana kicking up a fuss to force a transfer. The lowball release clause is leverage to sign a contract if a player wants to use a club as a stepping stone. In many ways it’s far more blatant and cynical than kicking up a fuss as it shows the way you see playing for a club from the off. Why fans treat Kante with awe and Mahrez with hate I’ll never understand, Kante jumped ship far quicker and signed a far more cynical contract that he’d use us to further his career elsewhere. 

I love both players and don’t think either has done much wrong and will always want to see them do well, I’ll just never understand why some fans seem to hate Mahrez and call him a “snake” yet adore Kante.

He badmouthed the club after leaving , surely you read it. Harry on the other hand has always been keen to praise his time here. Ngolo is a man of very few words so who knows what he thought of us.

Really just want some fight. 

Some defensive strength and some effort. 

At least just look like you're trying and close people down. Put your body on the line and get stuck in.

Really need the game of the season from the likes of Castagne and Wout......and Madders to pass it when team mates are open/through on goal.

It's the hope that kills you! 

8 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Exactly. It’s the exact same goal as Fofana kicking up a fuss to force a transfer. The lowball release clause is leverage to sign a contract if a player wants to use a club as a stepping stone. In many ways it’s far more blatant and cynical than kicking up a fuss as it shows the way you see playing for a club from the off. Why fans treat Kante with awe and Mahrez with hate I’ll never understand, Kante jumped ship far quicker and arguably signed a far more cynical contract that he’d use us to further his career elsewhere. 

I love both players and don’t think either has done much wrong and will always want to see them do well, I’ll just never understand why some fans seem to hate Mahrez and call him a “snake” and not Kante.

Kante never wanted to come to us. Had Chelsea matched the fee he would not of even spoke to us.

That actually cost Chelsea 30m.