Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Toon away

16 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Exactly. It’s the exact same goal as Fofana kicking up a fuss to force a transfer. The lowball release clause is leverage to sign a contract if a player wants to use a club as a stepping stone. In many ways it’s far more blatant and cynical than kicking up a fuss as it shows the way you see playing for a club from the off. Why fans treat Kante with awe and Mahrez with hate I’ll never understand, Kante jumped ship far quicker and signed a far more cynical contract that he’d use us to further his career elsewhere. 

I love both players and don’t think either has done much wrong and will always want to see them do well, I’ll just never understand why some fans seem to hate Mahrez and call him a “snake” yet adore Kante.

Didn't we manage to actually get more than his release specifically because he chose to go to Chelsea?

Release clause was £22m for Champions League teams and Arsenal were interested, he chose to go to Chelsea who didn't have CL and so they had to pay more?

I expect with Mahrez it was due to his deadline day, refusing to play or train, bad mouthing the club years after leaving antics

10 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He badmouthed the club after leaving , surely you read it. Harry on the other hand has always been keen to praise his time here. Ngolo is a man of very few words so who knows what he thought of us.

Shame his brother and his PR team on the socials didn't have the same composure. 

18 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Exactly. It’s the exact same goal as Fofana kicking up a fuss to force a transfer. The lowball release clause is leverage to sign a contract if a player wants to use a club as a stepping stone. In many ways it’s far more blatant and cynical than kicking up a fuss as it shows the way you see playing for a club from the off. Why fans treat Kante with awe and Mahrez with hate I’ll never understand, Kante jumped ship far quicker and signed a far more cynical contract that he’d use us to further his career elsewhere. 

I love both players and don’t think either has done much wrong and will always want to see them do well, I’ll just never understand why some fans seem to hate Mahrez and call him a “snake” yet adore Kante.

I agree with your sentiment but I don't think Kante signed the deal with the motive of jumping ship. More a protective move because no one expected the success as it played out. Mahrez and Fofana both stuck in the neck because they'd signed new deals. The latter in particular we'd given a bit of trust in given his injury record. 

Ironically I actually think it speaks volumes that our current squad all seem rather nice boys who don't want to upset the applecart. Let's face it if Tielemans really backed himself, he could have got that move post FA Cup but I question his ambition. He wasn't knocking the door down for a move. Similar could apply to Wilf, Maddison and Barnes. Hence we ended up with them all now lacking drive and mentalities to protect their professionalism. None of them played it fair and wanted to push themselves when the chance was there like Maguire did (and to a less extent until he started mouthing off, Chilwell). 

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Didn't we manage to actually get more than his release specifically because he chose to go to Chelsea?

Release clause was £22m for Champions League teams and Arsenal were interested, he chose to go to Chelsea who didn't have CL and so they had to pay more?

I expect with Mahrez it was due to his deadline day, refusing to play or train, bad mouthing the club years after leaving antics

Correct - one of Rudkin's better moves by also getting Sven's Chinese club to stick a bid in too. 

Similar move we did for Stoke when securing Huth. Bid for N'Zonzi and raise the price for his preferred club of Sevilla to match. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

...??? players don't negotiate the fee paid for them?

No low release clause.

Kante was offered a new deal here with the promise of being sold for a reasonable fee, instead he didn’t sign and we only got an initial 30m fee for him. Half of what he was worth. 

1 hour ago, shiv said:

I agree. It should be about how they leave IMO. I’m not a fan of our fans booing most who leave unless they truly deserve it.

I’d say only Fofana and Chilwell deserve a hostile reception - the rest arguably haven’t left on bad terms so probably shouldn’t get the reception they do get.

No idea why we ever booed Kante, Mahrez and even to an extent Maguire.

Mahrez claimed he had been held captive at the club for 2 years and spent transfer deadline day sat in an airport wishing for a move away. 

Kanye and maguire I agree shouldn't get too much stick

17 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Suicide mission? They’re absolutely nailing it to be fair.

would make a lot of sense if this team was some kind of suicide squad.

"he can't tackle, he doesn't track back and loses a runner every 5 minutes"

Adobe_20230522_174212.png.216b72c5c9a95535b35a34bbe2d3c5c4.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Mahrez claimed he had been held captive at the club for 2 years and spent transfer deadline day sat in an airport wishing for a move away. 

Kanye and maguire I agree shouldn't get too much stick

True but Mahrez's touch, chef kiss, does make one forget some of the things he said probably out of context, poorly translated, was it even about us?

33 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He badmouthed the club after leaving , surely you read it. Harry on the other hand has always been keen to praise his time here. Ngolo is a man of very few words so who knows what he thought of us.

Yes that was about 2-3 years later after he’d been roundly booed at every game since. It had nothing to do with why Mahrez was booed.

27 minutes ago, davieG said:

Soumaré: We're On A Mission
Boubakary Soumaré offers his thoughts to LCFC TV prior to the Foxes' fixture at Newcastle United.

https://www.lcfc.com/tv/3435348/soumar-were-on-a-mission?lang=en&dm_i=764A%2CG4QO%2CV8YH5%2C20FY6%2C1

I”m no body language expert, but interviewer says 2 massive games left, soumare looks down then the first question how are you feeling, how are the squad feeling, proceeds to itch face and nose. Then says we are all feeling pretty confident. 

confirmed he is talking bollocks 

It’s win or relegation. Everton will surely win against a side already on the beach. They actually have a bit of fight, even if they are rubbish.

If Smith even considers taking a point he shouldn’t even be allowed to take the last match.

1 minute ago, Poznan34 said:

Not even a little part of me is positive about this game, rampant Newcastle whipped up and about to qualify for CL vs our sorry excuse for a side - it could get very messy

Rational thinking has no place in football you plastic

• Haha 1

Just now, trabuch said:

Oh bloody hell. I'm feeling optimistic again.

Exactly the problem. Just don't watch the match. We're going to see a torrent of furious posts just after the match because there's still a minute part of us that thinks we could pull it off, before being disappointed yet again.

It's almost as pointless as repeatedly posting in the pre-match thread that you're not going to watch the match.

Of late we seem to either not start at all and find ourselves a few goals behind early doors, or go out all guns blazing and end up knackered after 20 minutes.

Any chance of just starting pretty solid without killing ourselves, and choosing our moments to counter attack tonight?