Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Toon away

Guest bennytwohats
4 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Hopefully they beat Brighton and they could rest on their laurels a bit, knowing a Champions League place has been achieved.

They’d be 4 points ahead of Liverpool with 2 games to play in that case. Can’t confirm the CL until our game can they?

edit: I guess they might if Liverpool fail to beat Villa on Saturday

Edited by bennytwohats

33 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

I’ve got a feeling we’ll win this and no I’m not on any psychotic drugs or Alcohol l just think they’ll do something different for a change like win the fuching game 🤣

Like what? Tie Popes hands together? Even then we’ll do well to get a shot on target - sad to say but it’ll be a minimum 4-0 defeat

27 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

The following players must not be selected under any circumstances: Youri, Maddison, Faes.

Assuming Cags is fit, I'd go with:

Iversen

Ricardo

Souttar

Cags

Castagne

Mendy

Soumaré

KDH

Daka

Vardy

Barnes

Smith hasn’t got the balls to drop one of Tielemans/Maddison let alone both. I agree with you by the way. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

As sad as it makes me sound, and despite all I’ve seen this season, I’m still hanging on to the smallest amount of hope and will do until it’s mathematically certain.

Leeds, Forest and Everton to all lose this weekend then a point for us here and there’s hope on the final day.

It’s a long shot, but it’s a funny old game and who knows.

Keep what’s left of the faith!

It’s not sad. You got to. Any other season. Two games to go. Two points a drift, you’re still very much in this. Our problem is, we know deep down what will come on Monday and it won’t be very much different to yesterday. 

• Like 1

Iverson isn't working out, let's get Ward back in! Actually, let's give Smithies ago.

I'm sure Evans is injured after his run out, so let's keep him in. Amartey back in next to him? Definitely Thomas and Castagne. Ricardo tried a bit too much last time.

100% Ndidi. Tielemans is fresh after not running in the last game, so he can stand in the middle for us. And as we've been a little lightweight, I think we stick with Soumare to add to some weight.

We need someone to run and run and run with the ball. No need to pass. So Maddison can stay. Vardy looks tired, and actually had a couple of good movements in the last game, so let's put Daka in. Along with Barnes who can slow it down nicely for the opposition to catch up.

• Haha 2

Iversen 

Ricardo / Castagne (Doesn't appear to make a difference)

Evans

Souttar/Soyuncu

Kristensen

Mendy

Tielemans (I know I know, but he gives us more of a chance than Soumare)

Daka (I think he has put more effort in recently than most)

Maddison (He still is the only creative spark)

Barnes (It's not like we have a long list of winger options)

Vardy (If I am playing Daka on the Wing, Iheanacho is still injured then I have no other striker)

If in doubt and we are losing throw Faes and Amartey on up front - they cause chaos in our defence, Newcastle won't know how to defend against them 

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Club should pay everyone to go to this. 

48 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

Should be giving free coaches for those travelling up. How many tickets are left? Noticed this on the sale page.

Screenshot_20230516_203024_Samsung Internet.jpg

I said this when ticket details first came out. It would have been a great statement from the club to ensure as many fans as possible make the trip for a vital match. But no...free doughnuts, beer and coconut water it is.

Pretty sure the first season back we had a whole season of free travel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SK3Blue said:

Should be giving free coaches for those travelling up. How many tickets are left? Noticed this on the sale page.

Screenshot_20230516_203024_Samsung Internet.jpg

My Newcastle supporting colleague said there's huge demand for this amongst their fans. Long queues to buy tickets. I am going but it's disgraceful the club have kept this to members/ST only

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I said this when ticket details first came out. It would have been a great statement from the club to ensure as many fans as possible make the trip for a vital match. But no...free doughnuts, beer and coconut water it is.

Pretty sure the first season back we had a whole season of free travel.

Can't remember in truth, do recall about 30 coaches going to Barnsley with free travel! 

I agree, club could have sorted this out, especially as its a Monday night.

16 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

My Newcastle supporting colleague said there's huge demand for this amongst their fans. Long queues to buy tickets. I am going but it's disgraceful the club have kept this to members/ST only

I have a booking history, and previously held ST and memberships, but have been excluded as no general sale. Kind of sums up the way the club is being run. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I’d be looking at the players who will be here next season for the next two games, they might show the desire and fight, drop Maddison and Tielamans and pick a midfield that’s mobile and battling. 

Whilst I agree with you, we need to get as much as we possibly can for Maddison in the summer and dropping him for our last 2 games could reduce his value a bit. Tielemans should be nowhere near the squad. He's been utterly appalling this season. 

Whilst I know it is crazy, I still can’t help hoping that Nacho will be back in and play an absolute blinder (when typing this out it autocorrected blinder to blunder - hopefully that’s not some kind of insight to the future…)  

Going to get spanked. Reckon we will see mysterious illness from Maddison and Youri probably dropped. Felt to me Liverpool actually took their foot off a bit and could have gone harder at us. I think Newcastle would want to make a statement.

Going to be horrible, but at least it would be over with.

13 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

The following players must not be selected under any circumstances: Youri, Maddison, Faes.

Assuming Cags is fit, I'd go with:

Iversen

Ricardo

Souttar

Cags

Castagne

Mendy

Soumaré

KDH

Daka

Vardy

Barnes