Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Did you walk out early last night?

1 hour ago, Harpenden Fox said:

No. Stayed to the bitter end. Then drove two guests back to Slough, and got home about 1.30am.

Tired, sad and forever a Leicester fan 🦊

No wonder you’re late home if you drive 45 mins past harpenden 

I chatted with my son about leaving at half time- never ever considered before in fifty years. When I was a kid we used to be dragged out at 85 to beat the traffic 

he talked me into staying but we agreed we would leave on the third goal which we did (including a shout at the board from him ) 

Would rather stay till the end but getting home at 11-15 instead of 12-15 was quite a refreshing change …..

Season ticket holder but never went anyway and I won't be going to the West Ham match either. I'm not the world's best pundit but even I could see this coming a mile off.I even thought three nil would be the score. I'm done with them and won't be renewing my season ticket for next season. the first time in 40-odd years.

It's not been an easy choice but one I feel justified in making. The cost of going down and that awful feeling you know you're going to get a thrashing added to watching championship ( old second division shite ) did it for me. I wish them well for the future but under this owner and backroom clowns I see us doing a Blackburn. 

• Like 3

Stayed till the end but only because I am on holiday when we play West Ham and I felt that it would be the last time I would see us in the Premier League for a very long time. Felt quite emotional as I walked away from the ground being a mixture of gratitude for the highs of the last 9 years or so, but also anger at the utter incompetence and negligence that has led to our current predicament. 

• Like 3

65 minutes - the lad wanted to revise for his A levels and my arguments for staying were pretty weak i.e I count that as a good start to the 2nd half, erm we’ll see what subs he makes, erm yes I do think Liverpool will get a 3rd let’s go 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

It's not been an easy choice but one I feel justified in making. The cost of going down and that awful feeling you know you're going to get a thrashing added to watching championship ( old second division shite ) did it for me. I wish them well for the future but under this owner and backroom clowns I see us doing a Blackburn. 

You mean bouncing straight back up ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Always one to stay till the end but to leave at 60 mins v Bournemouth and leave at 70 mins last night makes me want to question myself.

But then I look at why, and how these displays make me feel, and I have all the answers I need. 

As my ex used to say It's not me, it's you!

Edited by ElusiveEd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Travelled 3 hours to the game ….watched until 37 minutes then drove the 3 hours home………never been more ashamed of our team since Peter Taylor era ……..sad but still grateful for the last 8 years…..hopefully some big decisions ahead are made with thought and strength as otherwise I fear we could be down for a while!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The only time I ever left a game early was when I needed to purchase tickets for the Notts County ZDS cup in 91. A game that will live in my memory right up there with the. Fa cup win and title. 

And a game that will hopefully make many of our younger fans understand that great moments can come at any level. 

standing on a crumbling open terrace with the rain pouring down can still be fun. 

• Like 1