Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

4 minutes ago, Scotch said:

With who? First round of sackings, he will potentially be competing with Potter and Rodgers etc for the job. I doubt he'll be any PL sides first choice appointment mid season. 

There were 13 sackings this season, I don’t think that rate is going to stop over night.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Barnes, Maddison for certain. Possibly Ndidi, Praet, Soumare, Castagne, Ricky. Hopefully not but maybe Kelechi, Daka, JJ.

We might be set up to lose a fair few but it won't be for free. There's going to be some not insignificant budget here. Think 100m is moderately conservative if we reinvest 100% of what we make. 

What about filling the £60m/80m sized hole in our budget this season ???  We aren’t selling these players just because they want to leave - we need to raise revenue to plug the hole. 

I reckon we will spend up to £40m (and we won’t sell all those players either) 

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Barnes, Maddison for certain. Possibly Ndidi, Praet, Soumare, Castagne, Ricky. Hopefully not but maybe Kelechi, Daka, JJ.

We might be set up to lose a fair few but it won't be for free. There's going to be some not insignificant budget here. Think 100m is moderately conservative if we reinvest 100% of what we make. 

What about the loss in revenue we’ve got to cover? Big gamble if we go and blow it all, it literally HAS to pay off. 

Strap in and enjoy the ride I guess. 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

What about filling the £60m/80m sized hole in our budget this season ???  We aren’t selling these players just because they want to leave - we need to raise revenue to plug the hole. 

1 minute ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

What about the loss in revenue we’ve got to cover? Big gamble if we go and blow it all, it literally HAS to pay off. 

Strap in and enjoy the ride I guess. 

I mean that's sort of why I threw in the "if" clause at the end. I'm obviously aware we aren't really going to spend 100m on transfers in one summer, we've never done that in any league have we, we're certainly not doing it in the Championship.

But I think we're splitting hairs here. We all understand that what Ric means is that we'll have a fvck tone of cash to spend on new playing stuff compared to most other teams in this league and I don't think that's all that shocking a statement.

• Like 1

Just a bit of guessing, if it was an out of work manager we would probably know by now, manager thats at a club will probably be on holiday and will discuss finer details when they get back:dunno:

Guest nathan.

Parker is realistic and has done well in this league.

People need a reality check we are a championship side now.

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Managers seldom think like that, he'd back himself and will see it as a much better shot of catapulting himself in to thr PL.

With so much reorganisation happening with us over the next few months I think people will understand if we are not in the leading pack initially with the hope and expectation that we will get progressively stronger and more successful. I’d love us to do a Burnley but the chances are it will be more of a Luton town trajectory if we are to rebound straightaway. 

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He is not going to get £100m to build a team at Ipswich like he will at Leicester. I don't think people realise what a potential opportunity this is for a manager. They get a chance to start from scratch with the biggest budget the league has ever seen.

Do you think he, or anyone else, will get that much to spend here?  The state of our finances, I’d be amazed it it’s anything close to that - no matter how many players we need 🤷

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yeah,  we are not going out and spending all funds recouped. Its not going to be a £100m spending spree. Even for me, £40m would be high. 

I think we will at £10m - £20m but even that at this level is a fantastic sum. 

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Nathan Jones will be too busy on Reddit getting mad women don't fancy him to take a job at a Skybet Big Dog like us

Nah, Nathan Jones deleted his reddit account after they deleted r/braincels and currently spends £8 to reply to every Elon Musk tweet demanding all women are forced to follow his account 

• Haha 1

I’d gamble on McKenna. Parker would be uninspiring and doesn’t offer a long-term solution, Smith didn’t achieve his objectives last season, and Gerrard got showed up at Villa. 

McKenna hasn’t been in the game long, granted. However, he demonstrated his potential last season at Ipswich and has been lauded for attacking football / getting the fans on side.

It’s the sort of manager that we should be going for. He’s 37 and at this moment in time, his stock is high. I could see him doing a very decent job here.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 4

Just read a piece on why Leicester should go for McKenna in the online FLW Football League World by Adam Jones who gets the thoughts of two sports journalists who think he'll be a coup for Leicester.

They say he's on the rise, has momentum and they see him getting in the future a top Premier  League team.

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Probably still got the £30m we wanted to chuck at Jack Harrison sat around earning interest to be fair. 

Well no, that went to the 'Brendan Rodgers see ya later suckers' fund...

46 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

There were 13 sackings this season, I don’t think that rate is going to stop over night.

I agree but every manager sacked is another name in the ring for the next job, which is more competition. You know what the manager merry go round is like. McKenna is a summer appointment for a PL side I feel. 

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
10 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Just read a piece on why Leicester should go for McKenna in the online FLW Football League World by Adam Jones who gets the thoughts of two sports journalists who think he'll be a coup for Leicester.

They say he's on the rise, has momentum and they see him getting in the future a top Premier  League team.

I'd never heard of this guy until Ipswich went up, looking on the Ipswich forum they seem convinced he will go onto bigger and better things, he seems what we need right now.

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

I agree but every manager sacked is another name in the ring for the next job, which is more competition. You know what the manager merry go round is like. McKenna is a summer appointment for a PL side I feel. 

I don't agree. I think all the premier league sides would want a 'bigger name' than Mckenna. I think he's perfect for us (or Leeds, or Celtic)

30 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Do you think he, or anyone else, will get that much to spend here?  The state of our finances, I’d be amazed it it’s anything close to that - no matter how many players we need 🤷

The financial regs are completely different to the PL. we will have the biggest budget in the league and that’s without selling players. 

Our finances are not in a state, FFP stood in the way.