Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

5 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Not a chance we spend anywhere near that amount.

We're going to need upwards of 15 new players, in which case unless we've had an absolute nightmare we'll have raised anywhere from £120-150m on Maddison, Barnes, Castagne, Ndidi, Soumare, Praet, Iheanacho and/or Daka. It was be pretty scary if we were to spend it all and I'd hope we try and get a lot of loans with obligations to buy if promoted rather than spend the reddies straight up but its going to require a good amount to build a squad capable of getting up and staying up.

I don't believe in just signing 8-10 players who we'll have no real need for if we do come up. We have 1 shot at this and if it fails we need to still be in OK nick.

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Football snobbery mate. That said, he's evidently very progressive, the way he's worked his way up as a coach suggests he's picked up a wealth of high level skills.

From day dot at Ipswich he's been very good, he just joined half way through the 2021/22 season and didn't have enough games to get top 6 but they were very impressive pretty much from the get go.

Yeah, like I say. It's not to say I don't think he could be good and he or any manager gets my backing from the start.

Just also very aware of how good a manager can look over a short period of time only for them to turn out to be gash.

My only worry is, I think we need a strong builder, because it's quite clear that Rudkin is here to stay and he doesn't know his arse from his elbow. So you hire someone who's essentially a head coach, we're going to be in trouble 2 or 3 years down the line if they're not strong and intelligent builders.

I'd feel a lot more confident if a real DOF was hired to work with a head coach.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

If we do sell all those mentioned above we will be staying in the Championship. No need to sell Daka or It hy in my opinion. 

Holding onto Iheanacho would significantly increase our chances of getting back up straight away.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

If we do sell all those mentioned above we will be staying in the Championship. No need to sell Daka or Itchy in my opinion. 

Can't afford for players worth many millions to walk for free again, not when in the Championship. I'd love to keep Iheanacho but it very much depends how much we raise and how we've moulded the squad. At least one of Daka or Iheanacho will go.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the transfer window opens 14th of June 2023 and closes 1st of September 2023!!!

The International window opens 1st of July 2023, when we can purchase players from overseas.

Oh wow didn't realise it was that early that makes the delay even worse. 

Rudkin probably dosent realise it opens then either

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think its more reality than loser mentality when it comes to money but Smith would probably command the same as this Mckena so don't really matter

...I think the difference is one of them is aspirational, against a meh appointment!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update.

45 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

If we do sell all those mentioned above we will be staying in the Championship. No need to sell Daka or Itchy in my opinion. 

I’d definitely be selling Daka if we got a reasonable offer. I’ve not seen enough to suggest he’ll be a great success in the Championship. 

Also wouldn’t be totally against selling Iheanacho if a good offer came in. Would like to keep him, but a decent offer would give us the extra funds to rebuild. 

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Having read a fair bit on McKenna and watched some videos of his tactical style, I’m sold. He is definitely the right guy to take us forward. With some cash and good business he could create a force.

I think he would be a great appointment in all honesty.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can't afford for players worth many millions to walk for free again, not when in the Championship. I'd love to keep Iheanacho but it very much depends how much we raise and how we've moulded the squad. At least one of Daka or Iheanacho will go.

Can see a Watford type scenario with either of them come August in a similar way to Dennis, Sarr and Pedro whereby one has to go before the end of the window.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Because there is a ban on hiring managers who have been successful at Plymouth after the last one. 

Theres a clear difference between the job he had to do at plymouth and the one at us. The pressure to perform is much more similar to what McKenna faced. Yes, schumacher did a better job but that doesnt mean it would translate. Mckenna just did a job thats more similar to what we need imo 

Gareth Ainsworth you could argue, did an even better job to get wycombe up. But that didnt mean he would have been perfect to take the Norwich job when they went down.  You cant just look at it as the last season he did well so he should get the job. Thats how you end up with a martin allen

I don't disagree. However, Schumacher had a decent season the year before