Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

2 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

I think the other issue I have with Parker is just generally the behind the scenes aspect.

I think we need wholesale change behind the scenes, and Parker is a manager that I feel will absolutely not destabilise anything and will allow us to continue without pushing for any meaningful change in the way other managers might.

Which honestly might be why we'd be signing him over others. I just get the feeling that they see Parker as a way to keep everything the same and plus fingers in ears for another season and just hope the magic formula is found to get us back up but if not we'll just get rid and go again.

Maybe that's me being overly pessimistic, and I desperately hope whatever we do works, but to spend nearly 2 weeks and come out with Parker would be a bit gutting to me.

You might want to revise that...

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/20848154.three-members-staff-follow-scott-parker-door-afc-bournemouth/

Parker's assistant boss during his time at Cherries, and Fulham, was Matt Wells, who has too left the club.

Following the pair out the door is Rob Burch, goalkeeper coach and defensive set-pieces coach, as well as analyst Jonathan Hill.

Hopefully he would bring Burch in so it means that Stowell gets the boot

Ahh nice. Presume they were with him at Fulham and Bournemouth for both promotions? 

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

That's true but then he has failed badly in the PL and isn't our aim to be a top half club in the PL?

Can't run before walking. Just getting back to the prem is what we want worry about the rest later. It's a bit like getting a firefighter in to stave off relegation, just the task in hand is what's important. He also can't be written off yet in the prem. Look at Marco Silva, he failed at several clubs before doing well last year at Fulham.

1 minute ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Ahh nice. Presume they were with him at Fulham and Bournemouth for both promotions? 

Wells is “acting” assistant manager at Spurs now, but he was with Parker for the promotions before that 

I wonder if visually, Parker looks a bit odd as a manager, and as yet isn't a trendy option, but saying that we won't get someone in that will work harder, I'm sure he's got something to prove.

Being young he'll be approachable for the younger players and I'm sure he'll get this band of brothers thing going on and have players running through brick walls for him, and that's what the championship is all about, right?

Edited by splinterdream

Pretty boring appointment. Got 2 sides promoted though I suppose.

Just hope he has learnt from his mistakes if we go up and hopefully he doesn't bore us all to death with his possession based football.

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Not seen anything reputable suggesting parker, 🤞 there’s nothing in this. 

I just don’t see him working 

We’ve certainly been here before with odds plummeting on a certain candidate only for it not to br true. Let’s hope it’s the same this time…

On the flip side, Marseca has achieved 0 Championship promotions and has never even managed in the Premier League. 

So, using Parker's x2 promotions and x2 sackings in the Premier League Vs no experience/success at all, seems strange to me. 

I often think that people use the unknown/untested, as a fill in the blanks type thing, and always feels so much nicer to fill in the blanks with positives! 

I am not for Parker btw, or against Marseca as such, but it is interesting how we judge a record, against no record. 

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Does Maresca have the quality of players to play Pep ball? No. 

Not sure why being a Pep understudy helps us in the Championship. His only standalone Managerial record was a 28% win record with Parma. 

Making comparisons with Arteta is different, as he took over at Arsenal, with a big budget and much better players capable of playing Pep/Arteta's style. 

One of the reasons we are in this position, is because Rodgers tried to push a passing/ball retention style on our players, that they were simply unable to make successful over a period of time. To play like Man City or even us in the early days of Rodgers, takes a certain calibre of player and a squad full of them, which we barely had then, and certainly don't have now.

Personally, I don't think Maresca is the right appointment for our situation and the quality of our squad. Do we really want to see our back 4 passing it around the back again? They simply aren't capable, without stifling our attack and/or making defensive errors that lead to goals and losses. 

Yes, but he would be managing in the EFL, he would only need a team, right now, capable of doing it at that level.