Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

34 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

As somebody else half-jokingly suggested, maybe they’re waiting until 5pm tomorrow to avoid negatively affecting season ticket renewals? 

Or alternatively, somebody at the club is winding Sean from Enderby up…

Not convinced on either of those theories to be honest 🤣

• Haha 2

Annoyingly all the talk of Parker won’t seem to go away. I’m sure it usually goes quiet before any announcement so I would expect to see Parker get announced in next 48hr. An uninspiring appointment who again blames everyone but himself. A few suggesting it negative football also. Shame 

5 hours ago, The_77 said:

Nobody knows the reality right now, we don’t have a manager yet and have no idea what the squad will look like. 

And Nigel Pearson calling a reporter an ostrich wasn’t that big of a deal at all. Managers like Klopp do plenty worse to reporters and referees. 

Sorry, I've not found your point? are you saying Swansea are as bigger club as us ?

2 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

My source is on holiday so for the next 6 nights I'm not in the know. 

If I hear anything I'll say,  but doesn't seem like an overly credible source has said anything. 

Has this not helped the club narrow r=the field in identifying the source of the leak or is just about everyone at the club on hoiliday?

• Haha 1

Just now, Vindaloo FOX said:

Please everyone give Parker a chance. 

He is not my first choice but let's back the lad.

I hope to fcuk he's not the armpit that I have to get behind and support...

2 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Imo I think there just getting round to interviewing the last of the candidates I.e. Maresca and Hoefkens.

Now read they're approaching Mckenna.

No credible source can suggest who's the favourite.

If its Parker then so be it, personally I'd rather go Hutter or Mckenna.

Ia feel just the same.  After all the draining negativity of last season we need an appointment that has a bit of daring about it, something to excite.

16 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

What's your job and just how many people do you know personally that have worked with him?

Three... my brother-in-law is part of the medical team at Fulham and a mate does their PR, and I know someone in the commercial team at Bournemouth. The latter two are obviously 'word on the street'. The former is very much based on experience.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Please everyone give Parker a chance. 

He is not my first choice but let's back the lad.

Having to plead with fans to get behind a crap manager we haven’t appointed kinda proves how utterly unexciting he is.

3 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I feel just the same.  After all the draining negativity of last season we need an appointment that has a bit of daring about it, something to excite.

I want to enjoy watching the football again. My concern with Parker - based on conversations I've had with Bournemouth and Fulham fans & backed up by comments from fans of both clubs on social media - is that it won't be enjoyable watching Leicester if he gets the job. My Bournemouth-supporting friend told me, "He'll make you hate going to games" - the football is apparently that bad. If I had the choice between boring success or glorious failure obviously I'd choose the former, but I was kind of hoping we'd see some exciting football in the Championship too.

However, I'm still not convinced that this Parker rumour is true. It's been around since yesterday afternoon and none of the journalists who report on Leicester have picked it up. No mainstream outlets are reporting it. The only source for it appears to be a twitter account from somebody who has previously been good at getting leaked team sheets but has a very patchy record on other types of story. I'm still holding out hope this story turns out to be the Preki rumour of the summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

I'm just praying for Adi Hütter! Him and Kieran McKenna are the only two links I've been excited about. Either one of those will get me looking forward to seeing what kind of squad they build and what type of football they play. 

Interestingly, both play similair styles and formations that would require a LOT of of work in getting the squad to suit them. For example, both play with a no.9 that can hold the ball up, link play and act as a sort of target man (although not necessarily dominant in the air.) That maybe suits Nacho but definately not Vardy or Daka. They both play with two no.10's. After Maddison goes, we don't have any, in the senior squad anyway. 

So although, either one of them is exciting, it's also daunting at how much work is going to have to go into that squad. 

The deep-lying CF role suits Nacho to a T and would give him the opportunity to be our main man and to shine more consistently than he ever has before.  As for the rest of the squad, it's been decimated anyway and needs a complete rebuild so having to shape it to fit a particular formation is no problem at all - jn fact, I would say it's the ideal time to do just that.