Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 minute ago, Ryy said:

Work in progress 

So long as it's fancy foreigners nobody has ever seen play... rather a shit foreign player than an average championship one. lol

Hope the owners (and all those giddy about this) give him time, it took Arteta two and a half years to sort Arsenal out and a load of guff performances along the way. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bmt said:

It's about trying something different so we can at least know we have. Honestly with Parker I wouldn't have wanted to go to games and now I will. For me having won everything we did it's not just about results anymore.

To be fair I felt similar when we got Sousa...

Until your scenario bares fruit and we're awful. Then you won't. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Worth noting for the "but he was crap at Parma" rhetoric.

17 points from 13 games isn't horrific for a manager implementing completely new ideas to the chaos that Parma was at the time. Their manager after Enzo didn't really do much better than that for the rest of that season.

His dodgy spell wasn't that bad 

For context, the same record in the champion after 13 games would have seen a team 15th, 5 points outside the bottom 3.

Would you be happy with that next season?

In reality, he is unproven, and anything could happen. 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

For context, the same record in the champion after 13 games would have seen a team 15th, 5 points outside the bottom 3.

In reality, he is unproven, and anything could happen. 

Obviously wouldn't be happy, but with how the championship usually is, and his ideas were taking shape, there's still a scenario where we make play offs or even automatic from that point. Look at forest under Cooper, Villa under Smith or Coventry last season.

It's about being the right person long term, and I'm glad the board have chosen someone with that in mind rather than a short term fix ala Scott Parker.

• Like 1

Club waiting for day 1 of the Ashes to finish. Announcement 7pm.

Also just finalising arrangements for free Peroni's and free slice of pizza on first home game of the season. No more donuts! 

22 minutes ago, Gravel said:

Please can all of the joy sponges start their weekend early and stop posting on here.

You can glory in your "told you so" comfort blankets in a few months time if you're right, but until then, jog on.

I’d love to hear their alternative theories on who to get? 

You can feel better and slightly optimistic because of the fact we have a manager place. 

Realistically, this is a risk. A huge one. It’s going to take him time. Bed in the players. Get them playing his style. Get a fan base to buy into his style which is difficult at a club like Leicester. 

all we have now is he impressed Top and Rudkin in an interview. Which isn’t very hard. Top gets impressed if someone sticks a thumbs up at him.

Hopefully he is a success but first game of the season and hoping we are not a complete mess is going to stressful. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Being 'happy' with it would depend on whether promising things were happening. But regardless, I'd want to wait longer than thirteen games to write somebody off.

1 hour ago, Bryn said:

We must, must, MUST give him time.

The aim needs to be to go up and stay up. Throwing millions at an instant return by bringing in ageing older players on huge contracts won't bring us sustained success, we'll just go right back down again.

I'd accept not going straight back up if there's a clear road to long-term success.

Agree no more pension top ups for has beens.  

2 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

I think you've answered your own question - they allowed BR time to rediscover some form and, initially, it paid off - when everyone else was sacking managers, for us it was a last resort and i think they'd have stuck it out to the end of the season if it hadn't been for the home fan toxicity.  Granted in hindsight it failed, but it's fair to say the club didn't panic and sack him (even if perhaps they should) - the point is, they don't seem to have a watford-mentality when it comes to patience.

...there wasn't any, they had left a long time ago to play dodgems getting away from the ground!!!

Toxicity would have changed the whole outcome.

You do realise if we had Rodgers in place and survived relegation, he would still be here, preparing for next season. 

It almost seems like the best trade off we could have made, was going down.

As always if I see progress he'll get my backing. If things are improving off the pitch and form on the pitch isn't great then so be it. Progress excites me. Incremental progress is what gave us the platform to achieve our recent success. Somehow we forgot that and managed to not only use the platform to it's potential, but also set it on fire.

Let's sort the off the pitch stuff and the on the pitch stuff will come eventually. The same applies the other way as well, which is why it was obvious Rodgers needed sacking way quicker than he was.

I really hope he's being brought in with an eye on looking to replicate Man City's high standards with the backroom staff and academy. Time to bust up the old boys club and actually move us forwards off the pitch as well as on it.

Best of luck Enzo!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You can feel better and slightly optimistic because of the fact we have a manager place. 

Realistically, this is a risk. A huge one. It’s going to take him time. Bed in the players. Get them playing his style. Get a fan base to buy into his style which is difficult at a club like Leicester. 

all we have now is he impressed Top and Rudkin in an interview. Which isn’t very hard. Top gets impressed if someone sticks a thumbs up at him.

Hopefully he is a success but first game of the season and hoping we are a complete mess is going to stressful. 

Do you ven own a glass?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scotch said:

The argument about his performance at Parma is shallow. 

Let's add some perspective. They lost about 20 players which he had to replace with £30m. 

20 new players  many of whom were loans, free transfers and cheap buys. Being integrated into a new team with new coaches and a manager in his first ever job. 

He was then expected to blend all those players and have them performing within 1/3 of the season. 

Even then, when he was sacked, they were still within touching distance of playoff spots before the team had gelled. 

The similarities between his job there and this one are not lost on me but it doesn't take away from the fact that he didn't necessarily fail but rather he wasn't given the opportunity to finish what he was trying to do. 

Yet a net spend of 4m the following season and they finished fourth 👀