Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

11 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

Maybe his cryptic clue is about lightening striking a second time? Claudio?

How is it cryptic lol Harry Potter has a lightning scar on his forehead and one of the major issues Graham had at Chelsea was being called ‘Potter’ after the films. Players never took to him cos he wasn’t a big name, he was a film name apparently.

He’s saying it is/ we’re working on Graham Potter. 

1 minute ago, KFS said:

How is it cryptic lol Harry Potter has a lightning scar on his forehead and one of the major issues Graham had at Chelsea was being called ‘Potter’ after the films. Players never took to him cos he wasn’t a big name, he was a film name apparently.

He’s saying it is/ we’re working on Graham Potter. 

Cryptic to me because, I confess, I know absolutely nothing about Harry Potter, other than who wrote the books and he's a wizard.

14 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

Cryptic to me because, I confess, I know absolutely nothing about Harry Potter, other than who wrote the books and he's a wizard.

Fair enough mate 

8 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Potter is married to Rachel Potter. They have three sons.

he is married to a Rachel!! 

Why is this is interesting???

Edited by Tuna
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Tazfox said:

Sad to see Leeds already making decisions about their future and a few other clubs also making moves while we still scratch our heads and look around aimlessly 

What have Leeds done?

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

He is our daft twat, and he scored in the Estadio Vicente Calderón to put us 1-0 up against Atletico Madrid in 1997, so he can say what the **** he likes!

Ian had all of the credentials those feeble tw*ts failed to exhibit last season and he scored one of my top 10 goals of all time against Atletico so he can say what the fuch he wants for me too 

• Like 2

Respect for Marshall as he could see what was happening here like many fans 18 months ago. Shame Top and the others couldn't or chose to ignore it. 

The much craved transparity and reasons for their decision making doesn't seem like it is coming either. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

"Thanks Dean, if you just want to wait a week or two and we will see if any better candidates are available and then we will give you a ring back if not." 

And this is why the ship ‘should’ have now sailed on Smith. I wouldn’t have been totally against him, whilst not very inspiring, he’d probably have done what we needed. The main think stopping me wanting him to stay is that I think we need a full clean out regardless of the fact he only had 8 games.

But, as you point out albeit in a jokey way, what kind of message does it send if we spend weeks going for unattainable targets, getting snubbed and going crawling back?

Its what we’ll do of course as we are a shambles!

• Like 2

I think I may get slaughtered for what I’m about to say. I also want to clarify that I think Potter is bar far the best manager in terms of quality that is on our shortlist. 

I don’t want to be negative but a lot of whispers is that we may still be able to get him, what concerns me is Potter is clearly a great manager, but he’s a manager he needs time to build his team over 2-3 years, I said this to my brother in law who is a Chelsea fan, it was never going to work with them because time is not something a club like that allow and he should of held off for Liverpool/Arsenal who will allow time. I’m concerned that the timing to get him in is just bad, I feel like we need a Pearson style manager to get out the league (not Pearson). If you don’t get out of this league first time you get sucked right back into and as we all know could quite easily spend the next decade in it if we don’t get out first time. 

if we were in the prem I’d be all over Potter but I feel this could be bad timing. I also don’t know the answer to who and can’t believe I’m saying this but feel Rafa may be a better fit for what we need now (not long term) 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

I think I may get slaughtered for what I’m about to say. I also want to clarify that I think Potter is bar far the best manager in terms of quality that is on our shortlist. 

I don’t want to be negative but a lot of whispers is that we may still be able to get him, what concerns me is Potter is clearly a great manager, but he’s a manager he needs time to build his team over 2-3 years, I said this to my brother in law who is a Chelsea fan, it was never going to work with them because time is not something a club like that allow and he should of held off for Liverpool/Arsenal who will allow time. I’m concerned that the timing to get him in is just bad, I feel like we need a Pearson style manager to get out the league (not Pearson). If you don’t get out of this league first time you get sucked right back into and as we all know could quite easily spend the next decade in it if we don’t get out first time. 

if we were in the prem I’d be all over Potter but I feel this could be bad timing. I also don’t know the answer to who and can’t believe I’m saying this but feel Rafa may be a better fit for what we need now (not long term) 

I'm not convinced that Potter will come, but you're right he is a builder that needs time. The positive that I can give is that we are a blank canvas. If lots of players leave it gives him the opportunity to build a squad in his image. Pearson is the same. He's not a quick fix, he's a builder. It took him time to get rid of the riff raff and get players with his mentality. Morgan being the prime example. 

We can't faff too much with Potter as we need a manager in the next couple of weeks to start sorting this mess. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Yeah anyone who doesn’t rate or want Potter, you need to seriously be careful what you wish for. He’s a project manager too which is what we need to rebuild.

I think most want Potter, it's just in our current situation, how realistic he is when he's definitely premier League standard. I would be absolutely delighted if he came and was given the money and the position to make changes across the footballing side, I just can't see it. 

8 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I think most want Potter, it's just in our current situation, how realistic he is when he's definitely premier League standard. I would be absolutely delighted if he came and was given the money and the position to make changes across the footballing side, I just can't see it. 

This, I’m not claiming to not want Potter, he’s easily the best candidate in our shortlist. I’m just concerned it’s square peg and round hole.