Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

If we did get Potter, he'd actually grow further in my estimations. He's a good manager, yes, but the biggest takeaway from his time in Sweden and at Swansea was his efforts to build a culture. We desperately, desperately need that. It's the same reason Ange would have been a great fit. And if Potter did accept a step down, I think it says a lot about his values as a manager: he values building a culture and a team over getting the next PL job.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I'd be amazed if we got Potter but if it was to happen that would show great ambition from the club, the kind of thing we perhaps needed to do a year or so ago. 

We tried didn't we to get Potter a year ago before he went to Chelsea?

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

We tried didn't we to get Potter a year ago before he went to 

Our last managerial change was 2019 so obviously not!

56 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

If we did get Potter, he'd actually grow further in my estimations. He's a good manager, yes, but the biggest takeaway from his time in Sweden and at Swansea was his efforts to build a culture. We desperately, desperately need that. It's the same reason Ange would have been a great fit. And if Potter did accept a step down, I think it says a lot about his values as a manager: he values building a culture and a team over getting the next PL job.

Michael Duff is our man

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Michael Duff is our man

I'd love him. Weirdly though I feel like we've got a better chance (albeit, almost none) with getting Potter, since he's out of work. I'm not sure Duff will leave Barnsley after 1 year, and getting so close to promotion with them. Unfinished business, and all that.

10 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I'd love him. Weirdly though I feel like we've got a better chance (albeit, almost none) with getting Potter, since he's out of work. I'm not sure Duff will leave Barnsley after 1 year, and getting so close to promotion with them. Unfinished business, and all that.

Does Duff need a bit more time to prove himself also? I wouldn’t have thought we would be a colossal jump from Barnsley?  

Nearly a week after relegation - Smith said he was having talks with Top and Rudkin - how have those talks gone? Why is his situation still unclear?

Probably keeping him as a backup option when plan a goes pear shaped most likely.

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Does Duff need a bit more time to prove himself also? I wouldn’t have thought we would be a colossal jump from Barnsley?  

Probably, yes. We are asking a manager who has done really well in League One to suddenly jump up to hopefully get us promoted from the Championship at the first time of asking, and then do a good job in the PL. I'm sure he's capable, but that's a big ask. And I can only assume the last sentence is fishing 🎣 😂