Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

4 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I don't think so or I missed that if we did?

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Why would we?

Rodgers was manager lol

Just now, Sir Shep said:

Well exactly! lol

I think it was around the time Rodgers was being linked to Spurs, and we were credited with liking the look of Potter. I know—forward planning, at this club? Hard to believe!

• Like 1

Managerless but not rudderless, what we need is a complete footballing barsteward who will forge a team of strong individuals into a Chamionship wrecking ball, like a young Allardyce or Pearson, are there any out there I wonder.

• Like 2

If we’re truly going after young players in the  championship then there are few better than Potter. If there is an ounce of truth in the Ronnie Edwards and Alex Scott rumours (which I suspect not) then Potter would actually attract them to come 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

If we’re truly going after young players in the  championship then there are few better than Potter. If there is an ounce of truth in the Ronnie Edwards and Alex Scott rumours (which I suspect not) then Potter would actually attract them to come 

Hence why the new manager is so pivotal. Get it right and we're everyone's first choice bar about 15 Premier League clubs. Get it wrong and we're struggling to compete with Blackburn and Norwich. 

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

Hence why the new manager is so pivotal. Get it right and we're everyone's first choice bar about 15 Premier League clubs. Get it wrong and we're struggling to compete with Blackburn and Norwich. 

Lack of real rumours seems odd though, the optimist side of me thinks it must be because we’re going for a top manager but we’ll probably end up with Dean 

14 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Sounds like to me the board are targeting someone but are still working on it. They haven't announced that Deano as left yet, just in case they can't get the manager they want they'll stick with Deano.

Or they've aimed too high, got knocked back and no plan b. 

37 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Sounds like to me the board are targeting someone but are still working on it. They haven't announced that Deano as left yet, just in case they can't get the manager they want they'll stick with Deano.

Looks like no other club is rushing in for Deano's services either, unless they're thinking he's simply going to be retained here.....

6 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Burnley announced Kompany mid June, for those that'd like a reference to compare what time we have.

Was quite handy that he brought a few players from Belgium with him straight away to be fair 

7 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Burnley announced Kompany mid June, for those that'd like a reference to compare what time we have.

The task we have to get a team together with players out of contract and likely sold isn’t comparable to what Burnley did last year. And I’d imagine they’d been planning, we know our club are just now thinking about this. Ten weeks :nigel:

2 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

The task we have to get a team together with players out of contract and likely sold isn’t comparable to what Burnley did last year. And I’d imagine they’d been planning, we know our club are just now thinking about this. Ten weeks :nigel:

They had about 15 players out including most of their best players and the spine of their team and had to bring in about 15 players as well

So I would say it is pretty similar

3 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Weren't Burnley down to about six contracted players in July?