Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

21 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

The task we have to get a team together with players out of contract and likely sold isn’t comparable to what Burnley did last year. And I’d imagine they’d been planning, we know our club are just now thinking about this. Ten weeks :nigel:

It is directly comparable - they were in a very similar situation. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Get in Daniel Farke. Won the championship twice in recent years. Then, once we get back up there in the promised land, give him the bullet, cus he is shite in the Premier League

...so now we will have a squad to rebuild, with players not suitable for the new manager to work with!!!

People keep thinking short term, this is such a big opportunity to get this club back to pointing and working in the right way, and all people keep looking for is managers who have managed in the championship, to come in, and get us out.

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Sounds like to me the board are targeting someone but are still working on it. They haven't announced that Deano as left yet, just in case they can't get the manager they want they'll stick with Deano.

...if that is true, it says so much about this club at the moment!!!

What we are looking for is bravery in our actions, and we are seeking to sneak the weakest link, in through the backdoor.

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...so now we will have a squad to rebuild, with players not suitable for the new manager to work with!!!

People keep thinking short term, this is such a big opportunity to get this club back to pointing and working in the right way, and all people keep looking for is managers who have managed in the championship, to come in, and get us out.

We've been doing that for the last few years already.

Whichever job Potter takes next is a risk. He may see our situation as less risky than a team in the Prem struggling in October.

Interesting to see if he gets offered a role at Spurs or Palace though.

2 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Whichever job Potter takes next is a risk. He may see our situation as less risky than a team in the Prem struggling in October.

Interesting to see if he gets offered a role at Spurs or Palace though.

Chance with Palace, be amazed if he has a chance at Spurs though.

41 minutes ago, Matt said:

We've been doing that for the last few years already.

...Rodgers has been here for 4 years, and any players coming in have his approval (he said so), therefore if the players are not suitable for him to work with, then he has picked the wrong players to come in!!!

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...Rodgers has been here for 4 years, and any players coming in have his approval (he said so), therefore if the players are not suitable for him to work with, then he has picked the wrong players to come in!!!

And there lies (lay) the problem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lesta Legend said:

The task we have to get a team together with players out of contract and likely sold isn’t comparable to what Burnley did last year. And I’d imagine they’d been planning, we know our club are just now thinking about this. Ten weeks :nigel:

I stand corrected. Maybe it’s because I had seen some players like Barnes and Rodriguez earlier on in the year and thought they kept a spine. 

I don’t believe we’ll be as organised and be ready in 10 weeks as Burnley were. I’d love for Top to prove me wrong and get a manager and squad able to compete. Time will tell I suppose. 

53 minutes ago, Corky said:

The worst thing about the Phil Neville link is that it could feasibly be complete crap or plausible in equal measure.

No, the worst thing about the Phil Neville link is that it could be plausible.

The best thing, by far, about the Phil Neville link is that it could be complete crap!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

damn i was hoping leeds would make a bad appointment ! 

Corbean is very decent 

What like the reported link to the fraud you mean?

Please let that bit of media bull **** be true! 🤣