Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 hour ago, Corky said:

The worst thing about the Phil Neville link is that it could feasibly be complete crap or plausible in equal measure.

You don't get sacked by a crap MLS franchise for being crap after being pretty poor in women's football to have your first significant job be a massive step up. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You don't get sacked by a crap MLS franchise for being crap after being pretty poor in women's football to have your first significant job be a massive step up. 

Even our board wouldn't be that thick.

Punditry or a place in the Salford coaching staff next.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

not sure if he's reliable, but potter links are staying around

Just now, Stevosevic said:

He’s only got 5k followers so likely nonsense 

Got some stuff right in the past but can’t tell how many wrong tweets he has deleted 

I’ve read somewhere that Potter can’t take a Premier League role for another season (unless he forfeits his money I guess), so if true it makes sense he’d be interested. If he gets us promoted he’s back in the mix amongst the premier jobs 

• Like 3

Just now, splinterdream said:

I’ve read somewhere that Potter can’t take a Premier League role for another season (unless he forfeits his money I guess), so if true it makes sense he’d be interested. If he gets us promoted he’s back in the mix amongst the premier jobs 

That might explain why he wasn't interested in April. I understand our board rates him extremely highly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

He’s only got 5k followers so likely nonsense 

Not necessarily. A lot of the big accounts don't tweet anything until they've seen it from numerous smaller accounts so as not to lose face if it turns out to be nonsense. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

This would explain a lot actually. Guess also protects Chelsea in case he did go to another team

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Was previously against Potter but I've come round to being happy to take him to help rebuild our squad. 

Get him in. As quickly as possible so he can actually start the rebuild and overhaul. 

In terms of a manager you'd want long-term to sort out a strong base, there aren't many (if any) better at our level. 

Even if the football isn't as exciting as it could be, and I'd argue we're likely to have the best personnel relative to the level of league competition he's had so far, he's going to put down strong foundations.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Was previously against Potter but I've come round to being happy to take him to help rebuild our squad. 

Get him in. As quickly as possible so he can actually start the rebuild and overhaul. 

But are we not chasing a Manager that doesn't want the job?

He rejected us a few months ago, are we not just wasting our time? If it takes Big Money to tempt him are we not just running ourselves into the same position as with BR where we can't get rid if he isn't performing

Great if we get him quickly, but it feels already like another case of a projected chase of a Manager that won't come off or bringing in another Manager who is happy just to take their pay cheque and probably won't stand up to the board

23 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

hope its not potter. will be seeing 0-0 or 1-1s every week

We would be very, very, very lucky to get Potter, he is a top coach with ambition and vision.

I doubt our leaders would impress him enough for him to sign ..Great shame if he doesn't imao.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, beepee1984 said:

He rejected us a few months ago, are we not just wasting our time? If it takes Big Money to tempt him are we not just running ourselves into the same position as with BR where we can't get rid if he isn't performing

Great if we get him quickly, but it feels already like another case of a projected chase of a Manager that won't come off or bringing in another Manager who is happy just to take their pay cheque and probably won't stand up to the board

If rumours are to be believed, he wasn't able to take over another PL job without forfeiting a massive payoff from Chelsea for a period of time. That might mean we were unwilling to take the risk on giving him a Rodgers style contract to make up for it when we were in such a precarious position.

For all we know, he could have said 'come back when you're in the Championship,' which is exactly what's happened. We pay him a realistic wage and he doesn't have to forfeit a penny of his Chelsea severance package.

4 minutes ago, beepee1984 said:

Everything I've ever read or heard about Potter says he is not so much about money but he wants to build and be successful.

I can't believe he would come to us now that we (they) have so efficiently dismantled our club.

2 minutes ago, Bilo said:

If rumours are to be believed, he wasn't able to take over another PL job without forfeiting a massive payoff from Chelsea for a period of time. That might mean we were unwilling to take the risk on giving him a Rodgers style contract to make up for it when we were in such a precarious position.

For all we know, he could have said 'come back when you're in the Championship,' which is exactly what's happened. We pay him a realistic wage and he doesn't have to forfeit a penny of his Chelsea severance package.

The reports I'm reading are suggesting we are ready to throw Big Money at him, that doesn't sound like a come back in a bit and offer me a realistic wage to me.

It sounds like another example of Rudkin chasing a manager that does not want the job. (Wagner in 2016, Marsch this year). If we do tempt Potter I have to believe it is a big contract and then we are trapped again and not learning lessons from Rodgers. 

1 minute ago, J. James said:

Everything I've ever read or heard about Potter says he is not so much about money but he wants to build and be successful.

I can't believe he would come to us now that we (they) have so efficiently dismantled our club.

Apart from the whole Chelsea thing of course.