Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Potter just makes me think of Sven mark 2. We need a Pearson type for the rebuild/promotion. Not Pearson. For me it’s gotta be Duff. 

You can't compare the two. Potter is a much better manager overall and has improved teams. Would Sven been able to do what Potter did at Brighton? Very much doubt it. When Sven came in, he wasn't at the top of the game and his stature was falling. Potter is currently and progressive. 

If it's Potter Top wants.....well so be it....but I'll rather have  gone for a up and coming manager from Europe like Knutsen, Jaissle or Moreno (ex Leicester CB who manages Vitoria de Guimaraes in Portugal) all play attack minded football scoring lots of goals and loved by there fans and players 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I still don't see it happening to be honest. I think he'll either go abroad or a team like Palace. Palace has a decent foundation, in the prem, but room for improvement. More stable option than ours.  

Happily to be proved wrong though!!!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Not sure about Potter. Feels like Brendan mkii. Can just envisage us on a cold Feb night in Plymouth passing it around our final third 1-0 down as we "chase" an equaliser. Our soft underbelly being shown up again as we silde to 10th.

This guy has managed a team in the Arctic! I think he can handle going to Plymouth. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Potter just makes me think of Sven mark 2. We need a Pearson type for the rebuild/promotion. Not Pearson. For me it’s gotta be Duff. 

This makes absolutely no sense at all.

Potter is the very definition of a manager who likes to build a team. 

What has Duff done to make you think he could handle this?

• Like 2

The only way Potter comes to us is if there was some sort of clause in his Chelsea contract that prevents him taking a prem job, otherwise he'd surely walk into a mid table prem job in October for twice what we'd pay him.

And I have my reservations about him.  Did well at Brighton after the whole back office was put in place, but De Zerbi has taken them forward another step or two.

Just now, winteriscoming said:

I just see similarities with going for a name rather than someone with experience lower league. Just my opinion but don’t see it working with Potter. 

Potter managed Swansea….. in the championship. 

5 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I still don't see it happening to be honest. I think he'll either go abroad or a team like Palace. Palace has a decent foundation, in the prem, but room for improvement. More stable option than ours.  

Happily to be proved wrong though!!!

I said it before and I'll keep saying it. We're his type of club. 

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Where’s all this Duff love in come from? 

He’s literally spent the week getting rinsed by Josh Windass for leaving the sheff weds Peterborough game early and saying he’d seen enough lol… turned out well… did their team talk for them in the final! 

Wasn’t much of a team talk was it? They were dreadful throughout, 11 a-side and they’re not winning that. Give me the manager who was in charge of the team with 10 men who gave absolutely everything for their club and the fans. That’s what Duff has created at that club, he’s turned a toxic culture into a hard working, all in it together one, and he’s had to build the squad a long the way after they lost a number of their better players.

• Like 1

Just now, nnfox said:

The only way Potter comes to us is if there was some sort of clause in his Chelsea contract that prevents him taking a prem job, otherwise he'd surely walk into a mid table prem job in October for twice what we'd pay him.

And I have my reservations about him.  Did well at Brighton after the whole back office was put in place, but De Zerbi has taken them forward another step or two.

Brighton were fourth when he left for Chelsea. They finished sixth. Huge step forward there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

This makes absolutely no sense at all.

Potter is the very definition of a manager who likes to build a team. 

What has Duff done to make you think he could handle this?

Duff has rebuild Cheltenham and Barnsley with little or no funds. I just have a feeling it won’t go to plan with Potter. 

Guest Mee-9
16 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

You’re having a laugh surely. Sven mark 2?! 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Brighton were fourth when he left for Chelsea. They finished sixth. Huge step forward there. 

They absolutely pumped us 5-2 under Potter as well.

Just now, winteriscoming said:

Duff has rebuild Cheltenham and Barnsley with little or no funds. I just have a feeling it won’t go to plan with Potter. 

Potter transformed Brighton into an excellent attacking team, with basically a squad of unknowns

3 minutes ago, KP Fox said:

I said it before and I'll keep saying it. We're his type of club. 

Oh we are, but not in the championship, and let's face it a little bit of a mess. I suppose it depends if there is money to back him as well to get us up. We will leave him to make decisions, not like Chelsea.