Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

2 minutes ago, ronnup said:

People turning their nose up at Potter are probably the same ones who thought Akanji wasn't good enough for us 

One of my highlights of the season that thread lol

Obviously Potter being appointed as LCFC boss would be a big morale boost to us and the club as a whole, but think about the equal and opposite effect it would have on other teams in the Championship.

They would be seeing us appoint one of the most highly rated coaches in English football, a fair chunk of a team that many people see as having massively underachieved last season and purportedly the biggest budget in the Championship, with by far the best training facilities.

It would put a lot of pressure on us, but I'm already seeing other Championship fans thinking we'd threaten Reading's record (we wouldn't by the way, the division is too competitive) and you'd have to think this would filter to players looking for moves.

Edited by Bilo
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I still don't see it happening to be honest. I think he'll either go abroad or a team like Palace. Palace has a decent foundation, in the prem, but room for improvement. More stable option than ours.  

Happily to be proved wrong though!!!

Backward step for Potter so no. Needs to reinvent himself in the Premier not with a bomb scare  Championship side.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I just see similarities with going for a name rather than someone with experience lower league. Just my opinion but don’t see it working with Potter. 

Bloke literally built his reputation working in lower leagues

• Haha 1

whether you think he’s the best choice or not, you have to give the club credit if they pull of getting him. 

That would be a serious sign of intent in the league and players will join us just because of him. 

8 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Obviously Potter being appointed as LCFC boss would be a big morale boost to us and the club as a whole, but think about the equal and opposite effect it would have on other teams in the Championship.

They would be seeing us appoint one of the most highly rated coaches in English football, a fair chunk of a team that many people see as having massively underachieved last season and purportedly the biggest budget in the Championship, with by far the best training facilities.

It would put a lot of pressure on us, but I'm already seeing other Championship fans thinking we'd threaten Reading's record (we wouldn't by the way, the division is too competitive) and you'd have to think this would filter to players looking for moves.

We are there to be shot at regardless of who we appoint and which players we bring in.

7 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Bloke literally built his reputation working in lower leagues

Really ! One decent season in the EFL with Swansea City ! Dont think his type of football would get us out of the Championship gotta say

Edited by Jono1604
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

We are there to be shot at regardless of who we appoint and which players we bring in.

True, but it's not hard to imagine other teams looking at us and thinking of us as the fixture they dread. 

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Can't see it.

Massive risk for Potter, goes wrong he's not getting another PL job.

Unless someone's taking him on during the Summer, you could say this about any Prem job that comes up during the season. 

• Like 2