Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

24 minutes ago, ronnup said:

People turning their nose up at Potter are probably the same ones who thought Akanji wasn't good enough for us 

I think it’s more whether he’s right for us. He’s clearly very good and would be an absolute coup for the Championship. I wonder how much he benefited from the strong set up at Brighton whereas everything behind the scenes at us is currently a shambles. 

So yeah, more whether Potter and the club are right for each other at this time. 

But he is definitely the standout name and we would simply have to step up as a club to make sure he does get the support around him to do what he’s good at!

Guest nathan.

He turned us down once already didn't he?

Why would he join after relegation?

We are pissing in the wind this is unrealistic. 

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Unless someone's taking him on during the Summer, you could say this about any Prem job that comes up during the season. 

Exactly.

He could take over West Ham if they lose the UECL final and see them slump like we did.

Just now, nathan. said:

Imagine getting binned by Chelsea and then having the relegation of us against his name in the same season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nathan. said:

He turned us down before because it was straight after being sacked at Chelsea and he wanted a break after all the abuse he and his family got

• Like 2

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Imagine getting binned by Chelsea and then having the relegation of us against his name in the same season

As opposed to taking a break, rebuilding a relegated team and taking them back to the Premier League. Entirely sensible career move.

• Like 3

Guest nathan.

Imagine being binned by Chelsea and his next job is a relegated side.

No chance.

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Can't see it.

Massive risk for Potter, goes wrong he's not getting another PL job.

No it's not a Lampard situation. His work with Brighton would see him at least get another shot at a mid-range club.

Guest nathan.

A relegated side, that he could quite easily have back up within a year? 

Its a massive risk and a huge project for anyone coming in.

I suppose it depends on how the club sell the rebuild job to him.

8 minutes ago, nathan. said:

He turned us down straight after the Chelsea job. He might see us now as a good proposition.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Has Smith and Co gone now? Surely the club would make a statement at least thanking them for taking on the utter shit show they handed them. 

Weird they haven’t announced anything regarding him yet. 
It’s like we’re trying to find someone else but might go back to him if nobody any better wants the job.

I'm split on Potter. He's a root and branch guy and will captain the ship expertly like Pearson did. Except more likeable and unlikely to wish death on his own supporters. 

Like Pearson though, I'm not sold on him tactically. He kinda sets the team up but he appeared unable to solve onfield problems in real time. Hence Brighton being unable to score.

However, Marsch turned us down on (I suspect) the chaos that he felt the club would be in upon relegation. If Potter takes it on, it's kinda reassuring that he sees a strategy.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stinky said:

Nothing about that account suggests he's a WUM. I'm going to make some food really quickly then go for a poo so I'm ready to read what info he's got. 

I cannot wait for this. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Nothing about that account suggests he's a WUM. I'm going to make some food really quickly then go for a poo so I'm ready to read what info he's got. 

I’d save the poo for after