Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

To be fair I wouldn't be particularly on board with this either, we need to learn how to 'not lose' games. His sides are either win or lose, at one point this season it was something like 16 wins 16 losses no draws! 

This is why my reaction was 🤮.

Too many defeats and ‘most’ of the teams in the top half also scored both more and conceded less than them. Doesn’t look great. Think people are judging on their performance against us but we are crap!

17 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:
  • Leicester have two Championship managers – Swansea’s Russell Martin and Jon Dahl Tomasson from Blackburn – on their radar if they move on from interim boss Dean Smith at the end of the season (Daily Mail).

🤮🤮🤮🤮

Can someone explain what Russell Martin has achieved? Or looks like signs of achieving?

What is it about him that makes him appealing?

I am not someone who believes you needs loads of experience to be a manager - plenty have done a great job in their first job at much bigger clubs than ours. 

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Can someone explain what Russell Martin has achieved? Or looks like signs of achieving?

I am not someone who believes you needs loads of experience to be a manager - plenty have done a great job in their first job at much bigger clubs than ours. 

For our board he’s Rodgers protege ( manages Swansea…)

• Sad 1

Looks like it’s going to be Russell Martin which is completely underwhelming and demonstrates the club have learnt absolutely nothing from the mistakes of the last couple of seasons. We have gone from 5th and winning the FA Cup to standing on the cusp of relegation and yet the powers at be deem it a sensible decision to continue with the approach and style that has delivered such damaging results. It is utterly bizarre and gives me little to no confidence that the current board have the know how to get the ship out of these dangerous waters. 

Just another potential suggestion, what about Richie Wellens done a great job at Leyton Orient, knows Championship football and the club, could be a decent young progressive appointment. And if it all goes wrong we can just blame him, win win 😊

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Looks like it’s going to be Russell Martin which is completely underwhelming and demonstrates the club have learnt absolutely nothing from the mistakes of the last couple of seasons. We have gone from 5th and winning the FA Cup to standing on the cusp of relegation and yet the powers at be deem it a sensible decision to continue with the approach and style that has delivered such damaging results. It is utterly bizarre and gives me little to no confidence that the current board have the know how to get the ship out of these dangerous waters. 

Just another potential suggestion, what about Richie Wellens done a great job at Leyton Orient, knows Championship football and the club, could be a decent young progressive appointment. And if it all goes wrong we can just blame him, win win 😊

But, if he got us up and becomes a hero, who then gets the blame for future things that go wrong :ph34r:

22 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:
  • Leicester have two Championship managers – Swansea’s Russell Martin and Jon Dahl Tomasson from Blackburn – on their radar if they move on from interim boss Dean Smith at the end of the season (Daily Mail).

🤮🤮🤮🤮

Think people are being far too dismissive of Martin especially. 

There are a whole load of good coaches in the EFL that don't exactly inspire but I'd back to do a good job, Tony Mowbray is another. 

Far greater risks out there than any of those 3.

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Been answered below your post but new Rodgers is why the board are interested as they are f***ing stupid and have learned nothing.

If they appoint him, it’s literally the only time I’ll want the manager out the minute he walks through the door by virtue of it being such a clearly stupid decision!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Think people are being far too dismissive of Martin especially. 

There are a whole load of good coaches in the EFL that don't exactly inspire but I'd back to do a good job, Tony Mowbray is another. 

Far greater risks out there than any of those 3.

There are, just not those two!

Robins would be my choice. Carrick also would be interesting. Not these two.

On 16/05/2023 at 08:57, funkyrobot said:

A lot of encouraging names on here but unfortunately we are forgetting how poor our senior management team have been for the last two years. The appointment will be as tragic as it is inevitable - Welcome to the new era…..

‘Frank Lampard’s Leicester City™️

IMG_6630.jpeg

Dennis Wise's Foxes?

Should put a bit of... umm... fight into the team

• Haha 1

Just now, LCFCJohn said:

There are, just not those two!

Robins would be my choice. Carrick also would be interesting. Not these two.

I admire Robins, but I think stylistically Martin would suit us more (as long as we buy to suit)

I think Carrick either stays at Boro or goes West Ham. I like him though.

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

surely the board aren't so incompetent as to be hiring people based on religious affiliation?

Buddhism isn't a religion per se. It's a way of living - with morality one of the basic tenets of how ones life is optimally lived in relationship to other humans et al.

Given the importance of Buddhism in Thailand, I suspect the morality of an individual is one of the factors in the Srivaddhanaprabha family's choice of manager - although whether Pearson was sacked because of his son's immorality or insulting behaviour is unknown to me. But Vichai introduced Buddhist behaviour in his generosity and recognition that City wasn't just a football club in isolation from the community which surrounded it.

I wonder if Vichai would have selected Rodgers had he sensed the man's egoism. Although, thinking about it, egoism and egotism abounds in any form of management, particularly in sport.

We have to move away from the ultra-control possession style of play, not because it can't work, but because as fans we've all grown to detest it. We don't need to move to other end of the spectrum with people like Benetiz, but whoever comes in has to get us moving the ball quicker, get us pressing better as a group and improve our non-existent off-the-ball movement.

Fitness will play a huge part in that, so we need a good solid pre-season with little distractions or trav.....oh shit.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, LVFox said:

I admire Robins, but I think stylistically Martin would suit us more (as long as we buy to suit)

I think Carrick either stays at Boro or goes West Ham. I like him though.

Why? We're going to be replacing more than half the squad this summer, possibly up to three-quarters. We have a blank canvas. By all accounts, Martin's teams play in a similar way to Rodgers' preferred style - pass, pass, pass, slowly slowly, slowly, with not much end product. Why are we 'suited' to this style of play when most of our players will be leaving this summer?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Buddhism isn't a religion per se. It's a way of living - with morality one of the basic tenets of how ones life is optimally lived in relationship to other humans et al.

Given the importance of Buddhism in Thailand, I suspect the morality of an individual is one of the factors in the Srivaddhanaprabha family's choice of manager - although whether Pearson was sacked because of his son's immorality or insulting behaviour is unknown to me. But Vichai introduced Buddhist behaviour in his generosity and recognition that City wasn't just a football club in isolation from the community which surrounded it.

I wonder if Vichai would have selected Rodgers had he sensed the man's egoism. Although, thinking about it, egoism and egotism abounds in any form of management, particularly in sport.

that's splitting hairs tbqh, a lot of religions will argue the same thing about themselves. Doesn't change that giving him preference because he's Buddhist would be monumentally stupid

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

surely the board aren't so incompetent as to be hiring people based on religious affiliation?

As another reply to you said, more of a way of life, as is the fact he's vegan I guess. 

All points to another 'me me me' type character who will spend a lot of time telling players about how he lives his life etc. 

More concerned about his record to be honest lol 

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Why? We're going to be replacing more than half the squad this summer, possibly up to three-quarters. We have a blank canvas. By all accounts, Martin's teams play in a similar way to Rodgers' preferred style - pass, pass, pass, slowly slowly, slowly, with not much end product. Why are we 'suited' to this style of play when most of our players will be leaving this summer?

Because inevitably, Teams will come to us next year and sit back. We will dominate possession and I've seen that Robins can implement a very good counter attacking side, but not one that can dominate the ball and create chances.

I think their are better options than Martin, but I also think a manager who can get that Swansea side dominating the ball and going on the run of form they have at the end of the season should be given far more respect than he is on here.

• Like 1

I don't actually give a toss which manager we get in for next season in the championship.  That's the least of our worries.  The bigger problem is finding replacements on a  shoe string budget for literally the entire squad that will depart over the summer.  And then somehow making that completely new squad hit the ground running when none of them will have played together.  

No manager we get in next season is going to do any better than mid table in the championship. In fact, with the mess we are in, that would be a decent turnaround.