Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

I'm actually really surprised a new manager has not been announced yet.

The club had 8 games to search for a manger before the season ended. They would of been looking at candidates for the premier league and the championship.

The fact that this still hasn't been announced does not give me confidence going into the next season

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

The club had 8 games to search for a manger before the season ended. They would of been looking at candidates for the premier league and the championship.

The fact that this still hasn't been announced does not give me confidence going into the next season

With the time taken to dither over getting rid of Rodgers and the further delay to appoint Smith, I am sadly not at all surprised.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Hopefully the Gerrard link is pure speculation. What possible planet would you need to come from to actually think he'd have the ability or experience to oversee a rebuild. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, l444ry said:

Hopefully the Gerrard link is pure speculation. What possible planet would you need to come from to actually think he'd have the ability or experience to oversee a rebuild. 

Planet Rudkin?

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Gerrard now linked, said he's close to the Leicester camp.

I can't remember where I read it a while back but it was something along the lines of Gerrard is quite pally with Steve Beaglehole and we know Beaglehole is a Rudkin disciple. 

OMFG where's @Sambiasso when you need him to provide reassurance that names like this are merely lazy links with absolutely no substance behind tnem. 

I'd take Smith over this chancer, and that's really saying something. 

Although Top and Rudkin will have heard of him so probably gonna happen

1 hour ago, BillyFOX12 said:

Anyone else than Lampard and Gerrard, that shouldn’t even be debatable unless we’re looking to do a double relegation.

...it starts to become a populist appointment with our club!!!

They would probably think bringing in a name would satisfy the masses, as opposed to hunting high and low for the right manager. 

25 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Really? When was the last time we were on the ball with something like this? The club is poorly run now, we should expect to act slowly and make poor decisions in the main.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Really? When was the last time we were on the ball with something like this? The club is poorly run now, we should expect to act slowly and make poor decisions in the main.

Agreed. If Rudders is leading the search, at the same time as reviewing where the Club went wrong this season and looking after Leuven, oh and the horses, it may take a while.

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it starts to become a populist appointment with our club!!!

They would probably think bringing in a name would satisfy the masses, as opposed to hunting high and low for the right manager. 

A scouser would never come to this Tory club, and they wouldn’t accept such an outspoken member of the muesli weaving freaky leftie wokerati.

Ugn…what happened? I feel dirty, like I’ve just been possessed by the malevolent spirit of the late Norman Tebbit. Shut up. Look at him. He clearly died at some point in the 2000s.

34 minutes ago, l444ry said:

...the problem is that you can see them implementing this, and we have no say in the matter!!!

Six months later we are looking for a new manager as we are sliding down the table. 

We have.never really put any pressure on the board and the only thing they would want to avoid is to be publicly embarrassed. 

We need to make our voices heard by demonstrating outside the KP on a Sunday morning  as that would be the most convenient. Get any media attention and force someone st the club to engage with us.

#Iamnotahappyclapper

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Maybe finding a manager is not that easy. Look at Tottenham!!lollol

That's understandable thou.

Every top class manager that has been to spurs has failed due to there spurs nature.

Not a good club to be around 

Not convinced that the problem will be who we get next season as anyone with a modicum of ability and some decent assistants should get us back up 

the problem I have is wallowing in the prem once back up and taking too long to get rid 

missing the opportunity to get a long term appointment in who can build a legacy from a reasonably sparse existing squad is also an issue 

• Like 1