Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

26 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

That kind of sounds like sarcasm

I remember seeing this video & this was my first thought seeing this speculation. Don’t want him anywhere near the club for this and the fact he has nowhere near the minerals to get us back & overhaul the squad.  The only possible thing I can think behind this is his black book of names that could help plug some gaps during a rebuild

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

Maybe we will hear something today. 

Even if that were true, I would imagine that we will get a "Smith leaves Leicester and we thank him for hos efforts" message before we get any info on a new manager.  

Since i read about Gerrard i've become ill. Body aches all over, banging headache, bunged up. I haven't felt this bad for years.

Just the thought of Gerard does this to me.  Please no!

• Thanks 1

Gerrard absolutely deserves another go...but not at any club in the championship looking to go back up.

Burnley got very very lucky with Kompany but Gerrard has now had one success and one failure. Beale was definitely the key part of his system.

Perhaps he should be assistant for a bit or have a lower league club, like Big Dunc is attempting. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Thanks Fin, I can now comfortably leave my phone alone for the rest of the day.

Been a week since the season ended. Surely something will come out from the club soon that's almost I'm saying. There has to be some sort of statement around the manager. 

Edited by themightyfin
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Since i read about Gerrard i've become ill. Body aches all over, banging headache, bunged up. I haven't felt this bad for years.

Just the thought of Gerard does this to me.  Please no!

New variant, Gerrard-19.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Been a week since the season ended. Surely something will come out from the club soon that's almost I'm saying. There has to be some sort of statement around the manager. 

With Top and Rudkin in charge we are a huge car crash hurtling towards oblivion again, totally needless relegation, donkey after donkey signed to the club and now we have no strategy or plan to resurrect the dying embers of our credibility, Forest Fans will he rightfully looking smug at the moment as they have reasserted themselves as Kings of the East Midlands, something that seemed a million years away from happening just a couple of seasons ago 

we are sinking and sinking fast, and Top’s hubris and Rudkins incompetence are accelerating that

We need new ownership, and we need a new direction 

Well it would send Liverpool fans into meltdown as well as ours! 

I worry this sort of appointment would leave us in mid table limbo with the odd sparkling performance, similar to pleat in his first full season.

Whoever the new guy is I hope he asks the leadership as many hard questions as he should expect himself at an interview. It’s going to need a ruthless git with a team around him who can do the ‘nice’ bits. 

Unless there is something we don’t know about Gerrard this would be appointing a ‘star’ name not quite realising the mammoth task ahead.

Meanwhile we are another week closer to August 5th!

13 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Can't see it.

Massive risk for Potter, goes wrong he's not getting another PL job.

Why wouldn’t he? We’ve got proven career failures like Allardyce still being given jobs. Potters stock will be at a decent level for years to come yet.