Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

18 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Been a week since the season ended. Surely something will come out from the club soon that's almost I'm saying. There has to be some sort of statement around the manager. 

Rudkin still hasn’t managed to log into LinkedIn yet.

• Haha 4

So much of this thread has been satire and wummery I can't actually tell any more.

Is there any serious talk of Gerrard coming here or is it the papers making a wild stab in the dark?

2 minutes ago, mod hero said:

LCFC need to release a statement thanking Deano and staff before we hear about anyone else surely?

Not neccesarily.

Allardyce in at Leeds and Gracia out was done at the same time.

2 minutes ago, Bilo said:

So much of this thread has been satire and wummery I can't actually tell any more.

Is there any serious talk of Gerrard coming here or is it the papers making a wild stab in the dark?

The rumour has come from The Sun, so probably not the most reliable source to say the least.

4 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Only thing i can see is an article in The Sun and the fact he is listed on betting sites. Worryingly though, you can back Gerrard for only 1.55 on Betfair right now but liquidity is really low.

image.png.af9f875408887f2377c033363ce4171a.png

Just now, An Away Move said:

As a fan base we should really stop doing this. Not least because of the amount of poverty in Leicester. It makes no sense to do it. Wrong on every level. 

Oh yeah I agree. But any deterrent to Gerrard should be used

• Haha 3

Honestly it’s depressing if we are looking at Gerrard. (Obviously it may be pure fiction). There are so many managers out there doing good jobs under the radar that we could look at. I hate the whole “let’s just appoint a big name” thing. You really really would hope we had some form of plan. 

• Like 1

Heard from a reliable sauce that Rudkin has spoken to Top about not needing a manager since he could do a better job himself, he just want's to appoint an assistant to talk to the players for him :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

As a fan base we should really stop doing this. Not least because of the amount of poverty in Leicester. It makes no sense to do it. Wrong on every level. 

It is wrong but sadly it doesn't bother thick chavs who think it's funny. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Only thing i can see is an article in The Sun and the fact he is listed on betting sites. Worryingly though, you can back Gerrard for only 1.55 on Betfair right now but liquidity is really low.

image.png.af9f875408887f2377c033363ce4171a.png

I think that's bookie speak for '****ed if I know.'

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Been a week since the season ended. Surely something will come out from the club soon that's almost I'm saying. There has to be some sort of statement around the manager. 

By all accounts there wasn’t much activity within the club circles last week. Very much a mourning period. There are no credible rumours because nothing much is happening, I’m afraid to say. 

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

By all accounts there wasn’t much activity within the club circles last week. Very much a mourning period. There are no credible rumours because nothing much is happening, I’m afraid to say. 

Couldn't they have done the mourning three quarters of the way into last season when it was clear they'd ****ed us?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Glad they understand the urgency of the situation and had a plan ready to go when we were relegated! :whistle:

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Article on his coaching and management. An interesting read. He'd certainly need to really to kick on with us, Beale is long gone and he'd need another tactical mastermind.

https://pythagorasinboots.com/steven-gerrard-tactical-analysis/

Seems to me Gerrard is still learning the game in terms of coaching/management. He may be able to galvanise a group of young players who buy into his philosophy, but if it doesn't work, has he got the knowledge to implement plan B or C?

And what about his transfer dealings, can he build a first 11 for the Championship win, will he inspire some of our talent that wants to leave, to perhaps have a rethink?

I hope Top and Rudkin are considering these things whilst supping their gin and tonics at the racing yesterday whilst seemingly not a care in the world

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

why does this not surprise me.

14 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Of course it's wrong but when have football chants/songs not been? I suspect that it continues because of the reaction from Liverpool fans (most of which are probably latched on tourist/southerners). Anyone around in the 70's will know this latest poverty related song trend is mild in the extreme. Doesn't make it right though but it's fan culture to get in the heads of opposition fans. At least we've mostly moved on from burying coins in their heads 

20 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Heard from a reliable sauce that Rudkin has spoken to Top about not needing a manager since he could do a better job himself, he just want's to appoint an assistant to talk to the players for him :ph34r:

Heinz or HP?

9 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Just to clear up by the way, I’m not claiming to be ITK. I know two people around the club environment, who you’d think would know more, but they very much know nothing currently, and just said that everything was pretty much dead last week.