Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Has there been any actual developments?

They've clearly tried to plug as many leaks as possible. Im sure they are very busy racing horses and stuff. New manager is on the 'to do' list somewhere and im sure they will get to it at some point soon. 

• Thanks 1

I legit thought we’d move quickly following relegation, and I’ve no idea if we have. But you see the picture from Epsom and you wonder where the priority is. I’ll see how things unfold but once again we are getting nothing from the club. 

1 minute ago, roblcfc84 said:

I legit thought we’d move quickly following relegation, and I’ve no idea if we have. But you see the picture from Epsom and you wonder where the priority is. I’ll see how things unfold but once again we are getting nothing from the club. 

The only justifiable reason for going to Epsom yesterday would've been to put a bolt in Rudkin

28 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

It is wrong but sadly it doesn't bother thick chavs who think it's funny. 

We need to regulate this ourselves from within. Not sure how as a lot of our away end must do it as it was audible on the last tv game. 

Just now, roblcfc84 said:

Spending a Saturday at the races where they had a good chance of achieving for them what would the equivalent of our fa cup win (ref vichai’s memory).  you could ask why rudders was there but he spent considerable time many years ago doing the ground work for their training set up and it would have been ridiculous for them to win a derby with the main trainer he decided upon and him not be there. 

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

The only justifiable reason for going to Epsom yesterday would've been to put a bolt in Rudkin

Probably trying to double the transfer kitty by betting on the horses

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fox1norfolk said:

The Sun are suggesting Gerrard so it must be true. One suspects he applied for the job and then let the media do the rest. 

Or even better we are being used as a stalking horse by his agent to hurry Leeds along as I believe they are keen on bringing him in with Gary Mac as his assistant. 

8 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Or even better we are being used as a stalking horse by his agent to hurry Leeds along as I believe they are keen on bringing him in with Gary Mac as his assistant. 

I don't see Leeds going in that direction personally, but time will tell.

1 hour ago, Tomek said:

I defiantly don't want Gerrard. However... I take him over Smith.

It's like picking between burning or drowning.

A big NO to Gerrard and I don’t overly want Smith but that’s extremely harsh on Smith to lump him in the same category.

Smith has a semi decent resume, I just would like more from our next boss.

Gerrard’s resume was he was a very good player IMO and should have no more links to us than someone like Paul Ince as gaffer 🙄

Edited by SafewayFox

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

Even if that were true, I would imagine that we will get a "Smith leaves Leicester and we thank him for hos efforts" message before we get any info on a new manager.  

Certainly hope we get that message sometime very soon.

Edited by PaulW

Whilst some of the names being linked are underwhelming, whoever we do appoint I will support them and judge them on how they perform here, not on past history. Surely as a fanbase we have learnt to give a manager the opportunity to come in and see what happens. Ranieri seemed an almost comical appointment but he led us to the most amazing  title win. 

Gerrard could be a big risk but he also could come in and galvanise us and go on to prove he can be a great manager.  Whoever we appoint I am going to hope if they have had previous failures, which they undoubtedly will have, they will have learnt valuable lessons and come in and reinvigorate their career much in the same way Marco Silva has at Fulham and Vincent Kompany has at Burnley. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Nuno espirito santo. Absolutely perfect for what we need. Only thing i don't like about him is the connection with jorge mendes. 

Pragmatic, defensively sound and has experience in the championship. We don't need some young non experienced manager. Need someone who's not too old like rafa but not as naive as some of the younger managers. Perfect middle point is nuno. Yes please 

To be fair, one of the best put forward arguments right there mate.

His brand of football is dour but this (last) season reminded me how much of a results business it is.

Winning is the most important thing with how well we play coming second IMO, which is why the likes of Martin etc really creep me out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Whilst some of the names being linked are underwhelming, whoever we do appoint I will support them and judge them on how they perform here, not on past history. Surely as a fanbase we have learnt to give a manager the opportunity to come in and see what happens. Ranieri seemed an almost comical appointment but he led us to the most amazing  title win. 

Gerrard could be a big risk but he also could come in and galvanise us and go on to prove he can be a great manager.  Whoever we appoint I am going to hope if they have had previous failures, which they undoubtedly will have, they will have learnt valuable lessons and come in and reinvigorate their career much in the same way Marco Silva has at Fulham and Vincent Kompany has at Burnley. 

I don't envisage there being a problem. The majority of our fanbase have proven they'll happy clap any old shit no matter what detriment it is to the club

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Gerrard without Beale would be a terrible appointment and we aren’t getting Beale

Has Beale left East Enders? Sorry but living in Austria since 2009, my knowledge of UK soaps is up there with our Board’s knowledge of recruiting Managers.

I’ve been told this morning that Claudio hasn’t been ruled out, depending on how Calagari get on against Bari. 

If that’s the case; the last leg of the play off is on the 11th June, so we might have a while to wait yet. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sly said:

I’ve been told this morning that Claudio hasn’t been ruled out, depending on how Calagari get on against Bari. 

If that’s the case; the last leg of the play off is on the 11th June, so we might have a while to wait yet. 

Ffs! Man’s too old now. Why why why

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

Will people still turn their noses up at Pearson?