Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

59 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Seems to me Gerrard is still learning the game in terms of coaching/management. He may be able to galvanise a group of young players who buy into his philosophy, but if it doesn't work, has he got the knowledge to implement plan B or C?

And what about his transfer dealings, can he build a first 11 for the Championship win, will he inspire some of our talent that wants to leave, to perhaps have a rethink?

I hope Top and Rudkin are considering these things whilst supping their gin and tonics at the racing yesterday whilst seemingly not a care in the world

Yeah these are my feelings too, I think it represents too much of a risk. He wouldn't be the first manager to go on to be a decent manager after a horror show at 1 or more clubs in his early years. I just think the stuff on how much of an influence Michael Beale was is enough to swerve.

I guarantee you though, 2 years ago Marco Silva was on his arse and if there was a candidate like Silva and we appointed him, there would be uproar. It's very much, we need someone who hasn't yet failed but is unproven or someone who we probably have no chance of getting.

FYI, Potter's average points per game in his first 30 games at Brighton was probably worse than Gerrard's was at Villa and yet plenty would leave their dog in a very hot car for the opportunity of him being our manager.

Jury is still very much out on Potter at the highest level but he'd be a real coup in the Championship and him actually agreeing to come to us would make me a little nervous as to why!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’ve been told this morning that Claudio hasn’t been ruled out, depending on how Calagari get on against Bari. 

If that’s the case; the last leg of the play off is on the 11th June, so we might have a while to wait yet. 

Think it’s well known that shakey was steering the ship with  claudio on media comms previously. I reckon they are trying to keep shakey on in some capacity, so makes releasing statement difficult at present with 2 of the 3 leaving

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Woy kept Palace up!.. 

Don't write off an experienced Manager. 

Roy didnt embark on one of the biggest rebuilds at Palace in recent years. He came in for a quick 'kick them up the ass' job to make sure they didn't drift into relegation spots.

Gerard has the same agent as Barnes, Vardy, KDH, Thomas and Hamza incase anyone was wondering  what “team is close to leicester” meant.

They are also Graham potter and Phil Neville agents too though lol 

Not keen on Gerrard but if he is coming, I'm curious to know who his number 2 would be. As others have said, he's been found-out a bit without Beale. He'd need someone very good by his side.

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

Not keen on Gerrard but if he is coming, I'm curious to know who his number 2 would be. As others have said, he's been found-out a bit without Beale. He'd need someone very good by his side.

Wonder if shakey or jt would stay on with him?

Lampard did well to get Derby into the play-offs in his first season. And could bring in some great loans? Bring Shakespeare and Terry with him. With us having the highest  budget in the Championship and being linked to some great attacking talent who knows. He must have learnt something in these last few years.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, WarehamFox said:

Lampard did well to get Derby into the play-offs in his first season. And could bring in some great loans? Bring Shakespeare and Terry with him. With us having the highest  budget in the Championship and being linked to some great attacking talent who knows. He must have learnt something in these last few years.

Derby finished 6th under Rowett in 17/18 and 6th under Lampard in 18/19

”Did very well”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Just to clear up by the way, I’m not claiming to be ITK. I know two people around the club environment, who you’d think would know more, but they very much know nothing currently, and just said that everything was pretty much dead last week. 

Yay. Alwaya wise not be to too hasty...

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Who was 1st team coach when Beale left?

Just checked it was Neil Critchley.

Edited by Tuna

17 minutes ago, WarehamFox said:

He’s shown twice this season he’s not really learnt a lot and still looks very crap 

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9
31 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

d44fc532-e1f3-4a05-8fff-fe6c8bf84c00_text.gif

The first rule of Dobby club is no one talks about the Dobby club. 

I wonder if Gerrard’s been perusing the Corfu 06 album.

Guest Mee-9
2 hours ago, An Away Move said:

Anyone but Gerrard or Lampard… Christ. 

Would rather have Scholes. At least he can get a toe in… 

24 minutes ago, WarehamFox said:

Don't think Lampard and Terry are the best of friends...infact I've read they dislike each other!

1 hour ago, Sly said:

I’ve been told this morning that Claudio hasn’t been ruled out, depending on how Calagari get on against Bari. 

If that’s the case; the last leg of the play off is on the 11th June, so we might have a while to wait yet. 

If true, we really need to stop looking backwards! It's time for a new look, era for the club. Fresh approach, fresh ideas. But if this is true, the board are short sight, and have no idea what they are doing. 

Gerrard is only linked by playing reputation, not based on managerial experience or skills. Look at the difference at Villa when he left 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1