Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

49 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Roy didnt embark on one of the biggest rebuilds at Palace in recent years. He came in for a quick 'kick them up the ass' job to make sure they didn't drift into relegation spots.

Rudkin is the man to oversee the rebuild 😢

Guest Kopfkino

This club really has no imagination if there’s even a hint of truth in Gerrard.

Just appoint Farioli and have some fun

18 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Gerrard is only linked by playing reputation, not based on managerial experience or skills. Look at the difference at Villa when he left 

Not really considering his success at Rangers. Left to quick, I think he’s still learning, but Emerey is one of the best managers around so the comparison is so different.

I wouldn’t be totally opposed to Gerrard in the Championship. I would hope his links would help us bring in some good loan players like Lampard did with Mount etc at Derby.

• Like 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

Not really considering his success at Rangers. Left to quick, I think he’s still learning, but Emerey is one of the best managers around so the comparison is so different.

I wouldn’t be totally opposed to Gerrard in the Championship. I would hope his links would help us bring in some good loan players like Lampard did with Mount etc at Derby.

I've said exactly the same as this on more than one occasion but be ready to be shot down and accused of him being your #1 choice lol

• Haha 1

There's better up and coming managers in the championship.......but Top wants a big name in Gerrard or even Lampard who were shown to be tactically inept.

Our board aren't really on the ball unlike the owners of Brighton or Brentford.

We got a DoF who doesn't do anything while Top seems to be on a endless playboy jolly.

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1

Gerrard would be a catastrophic appointment. He's got absolutely no technical nouse. Beale basically took advantage of the shell of a club that Rodgers left behind and Gerrard took the public credit.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Why wouldn’t he? We’ve got proven career failures like Allardyce still being given jobs. Potters stock will be at a decent level for years to come yet. 

I’ll have you know, allardyce is equal to Pep and Klopp, even Arteta. I have it from a very reliable source.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Whats  Rodgers got do with Rangers?

He left Celtic in a mess which allowed Rangers the chance to take advantage. Sorry I should have been clearer but I thought it was obvious what I was referring to :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

He left Celtic in a mess which allowed Rangers the chance to take advantage. Sorry I should have been clearer but I thought it was obvious what I was referring to :D

Where does this "left Celtic in a mess" thing come from? What have I missed, or are people just creating something so they've another stick to beat Rodgers with

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Good links to obtain loan players won’t be much use if he’s just not a very good manager. And the evidence of his time at Villa suggests that might be the case. 

The Villa job was the perfect opportunity for

Gerrard to show what he could do, but he messed it up horribly. Appointing him now would be en enormous leap of faith - we’d basically gambling on the hope that his time at Villa was an aberration. I can see how we might do that if he‘d successfully managed in England before, but he hasn’t. It’s far too big a gamble to take.

• Like 1

So last night it was Potter now it's Gerrard? Call me sceptical but is there a chance these ITKs actually know fvcknall and are just going off twitter and Google like the rest of us? 

And when will people learn about dissing a manager before he's even set foot in the building? If it's Stevie G then who knows if it will be good or bad? Just because in a short time he didn't pull up trees at Villa? After Ranieri I thought people would learn not to criticise before giving the bloke a chance. We are championship now and can't expect world beaters in charge. Gerrard will be hungry to rebuild his rep and if it's him needs to be given a chance at least.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

Good links to obtain loan players won’t be much use if he’s just not a very good manager. And the evidence of his time at Villa suggests that might be the case. 

The Villa job was the perfect opportunity for

Gerrard to show what he could do, but he messed it up horribly. Appointing him now would be en enormous leap of faith - we’d basically gambling on the hope that his time at Villa was an aberration. I can see how we might do that if he‘d successfully managed in England before, but he hasn’t. It’s far too big a gamble to take.

If we were considering him, he would need to demonstrate he had learned lessons by having an experienced coach / asst manager who could help organise his teams / cover his lack of experience. 

As you say would be a risk

12 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Celtic won the treble the season Rodgers left, the treble the season after and the league last season and the treble this season

Since he left Celtic, Rangers have won 2 trophies, Celtic have won 11

Hardly a Rodgers fan but Celtic haven’t done too badly without him

Edited by MattFox
  • Like 2