Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

25 minutes ago, Winstonthedog said:

It's Potter .... with Max and Paddy as assistants ... Ray Vonn on physio   .. can't fail 

Clinton Baptiste as Sports Psychologist.

Now, I'm getting the word...

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Winstonthedog said:

It's Potter .... with Max and Paddy as assistants ... Ray Vonn on physio   .. can't fail 

Keith Lard has just been appointed the clubs fire safety warden…. So this could have legs (four of them). 

• Haha 3

We could really do without a big name that has a PR drive surrounding him.

Gerrard is nowhere near the level of narcissism of Rodgers but still, would rather we appointed someone steady and less high profile.

14 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

There was a huge difference between the two though. Potter was putting together a real game plan but didn’t have the right players to execute it. 

Gerrard had a wonderful squad but was tactically all over the place. (When Beale left he honestly just made more and more bizarre decisions each week) 

Villa fans couldn’t believe the things he was doing, it was like he couldn’t see the things everyone else could. In a similar way to brendan, he was stubborn and  damaged himself because he couldn’t admit something was wrong with either the set up or a particular player.  He treated buendia in the same way brendan treated nacho. Week after week he would come off the bench, improve the team and rescue a game… yet the next week he’s be benched again for a constantly failing Coutiniho. 

I genuinely thought he was going to be an excellent manager but he’s not.  What is even more worrying, is that he so heavily relied on his old memories of players, or big names in the game rather than focusing on finding new talent.  The fact they went for suaraz as well as PC is just laughable. Reminded me of sven signing any player he might have worked with at some point rather than using a scouting network to find new talent. 

If you are relying on past relationships it shows laziness, I think most people expected coutiniho to go as poorly as it did. 

I have no faith that he’d get things right for us at all. I think he’d probably be just as poor as lampard and once again someone getting jobs on his name and not his brain. 

Let’s face it, for rangers he had a huge budget and 1 real competitor. A very good assistant who gave him the support he needed and he had enough of a name to attract people and motivate them.  celtic had a horror year, largely because brendan left and the door was wide open.  

Yeah I'd not want us to go for him, his reputation post Villa is poor and I'm not so sure he's that determined to adapt at all costs to succeed as a manager. 

I am fascinated to see where he goes next though.

Just now, Finnegan said:

If its Gerrard I'm sacking off City and getting a Guiseley season ticket. 

It'd be interesting to see ST sales so far, wonder what kind of rush, if any, there is and whether any link could be made to getting the club in order (of which we've seen nothing of, yet) before people commit.

Philippe Clement is leaving Monaco, anyone interested in him? Didn't have an amazing season (6th place with 65 points, I think they expected more) but not terrible. Won the Belgian league 4 times before that, with Club Brugge and Genk. Though I suspect he'd wait for a better offer than a Championship team like us.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/head-coach-analysis/philippe-clement-at-monaco-202122-tactical-analysis-tactics

Edited by lfu

20 minutes ago, lfu said:

Philippe Clement is leaving Monaco, anyone interested in him? Didn't have an amazing season (6th place with 65 points, I think they expected more) but not terrible. Won the Belgian league 4 times before that, with Club Brugge and Genk. Though I suspect he'd wait for a better offer than a Championship team like us.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/head-coach-analysis/philippe-clement-at-monaco-202122-tactical-analysis-tactics

No chance he comes to the championship but I like him. Treated harshly at Monaco 

• Like 1