Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

3 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

image.thumb.jpeg.34df7b9bfaabcdb79397100fdfda5813.jpeg

With some of the names making the rounds why not throw this name in too lol 

He'd probably head-butt someone within the first few weeks..

Edited by Wymsey
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Having practically the same squad that Emery has just gotten European football with on track for relegation is absolutely atrocious

Sorry to be pedantic but they were 17th after 10 games, is that on course for relegation? Emery isn't some bog standard manager he's one of the best in Europe, and while it shows up that Gerrard wasn't getting the best out of his team and that he's not actually on par with Emery (who knew?), I just think "absolutely atrocious" as you have now upgraded it too is being incredibly dramatic and exagerrative 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stinky said:

Sorry to be pedantic but they were 17th after 10 games, is that on course for relegation? Emery isn't some bog standard manager he's one of the best in Europe, and while it shows up that Gerrard wasn't getting the best out of his team and that he's not actually on par with Emery (who knew?), I just think "absolutely atrocious" as you have now upgraded it too is being incredibly dramatic and exagerrative 

I dont

but it wouldn’t shock me if even gerrard got us out first time 

58 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I like the idea of Stevie G and Gary mac, they did a sensational job at rangers both domestically and in Europe. 

I seem to be on my own in this regards but seeing as the board was up in arms at the idea of Akanji and universally loved Tete I can live with that. 

Rangers played dreadful football under Gerard and he left their squad in a mess. The best part about that management team is at Rangers just now and their best player is someone that Gerard refused to play...

Could tell from the players reaction the game after Villa sacked Gerrard, a massive weight had been taken off their shoulders. Without Beale he's been shown up massively, would stay well clear.

• Like 1

Just now, Stinky said:

At the time he was sacked they were outside the relegation zone on just goals scored

11 games played - 2 wins, 3 draws, 6 defeats - 0.82 ppg

I would absolutely say that is on course for relegation.

Had a decent new manager bounce but once he got settled in and lost the brains behind his coaching team (Michael Beale) he didn't have a clue.

You surely wouldn't be happy to have him as our manager would you?

• Like 3

Gerrard and Lampard both made the same mistake by leaving the comfort of their leagues and the opportunity to learn their trade with much less pressure and both took jobs in a league that was way too high for them at that stage in their career. They were promoted way beyond their capabilities due to their reputations as players and were found out very quickly. They would both benefit from 5 years or so at a comfortable mid-table Championship club where they can learn much more but earn less.

As such neither are suited to what we need and would be a huge mistake.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

At the time he was sacked they were outside the relegation zone on just goals scored

11 games played - 2 wins, 3 draws, 6 defeats - 0.82 ppg

I would absolutely say that is on course for relegation.

Had a decent new manager bounce but once he got settled in and lost the brains behind his coaching team (Michael Beale) he didn't have a clue.

You surely wouldn't be happy to have him as our manager would you?

Oh my god what is it with people in this thread? I've couldn't have made it clearer in my last two posts that I'm questioning the choice of the words "(absolutely) atrocious" I'm not saying I'd be happy with him and having been a frequent visitor to this thread I'm not sure I've seen anybody else say that either. 

I wouldn't be bothered if he was appointed, like with most managers. There are some I'd really rather not have and some I think would be good. I'd give him a chance based on the fact that this isn't the PL, and probably lean more towards the good he did at Rangers instead of be miserable like most in here and look for absolutely anything negative they can cling on to about any prospective new manager. Only real plus point is he would be able to attract younger talent, ideally loans from the PL which have worked in this league over the last few years, who would want to play under him. As for how he is tactically and what not I don't know, I don't care for that sort of things as a talking points amongst fans, but I'm aware people keep saying the real brains behind the operation left, and with that so did his job. & 11 games played they were 17th, so there must have been 3 other sides literally on course for relegation. 

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I get you, but act in haste repent at leisure. There's no immediate rush.

The outbound fire sale has nothing to do with the new manager. There'll be no I'll keep him / I'll sell him. Everybody goes til 100m + is raised, regardless of who they are and what the new manager wants. 

as for pre season, we have enough professional coaches on the books for Sadler, Knudsen et al to have a clear brief of conditioning the players

Start to early July is fine for the managerial appointment 

Another 4 weeks without a manager named? Not gonna happen. Players and fans need to see a response. It clearly isn't going to be Smith you would imagine as it would have been done. I also don't believe we reached final day heartbreak without having very serious contenders in mind. Be amazed if next week something hasn't happened.

All for the right appointment like you but no way this gets left till early July and 4 weeks till season opener imo.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I dunno didn't they get to a europa leauge final the season after he left? 

Yeah, and 5 of the 48 players he signed played in that team. One of them being McGregor who would have signed for them regardless of who was manager. 

Seriously, the amount of crap that guy brought in was insane. To want him anywhere near what is probably the most important rebuild in decades here is bonkers.  

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Oh my god what is it with people in this thread? I've couldn't have made it clearer in my last two posts that I'm questioning the choice of the words "(absolutely) atrocious" I'm not saying I'd be happy with him and having been a frequent visitor to this thread I'm not sure I've seen anybody else say that either. 

I wouldn't be bothered if he was appointed, like with most managers. There are some I'd really rather not have and some I think would be good. I'd give him a chance based on the fact that this isn't the PL, and probably lean more towards the good he did at Rangers instead of be miserable like most in here and look for absolutely anything negative they can cling on to about any prospective new manager. Only real plus point is he would be able to attract younger talent, ideally loans from the PL which have worked in this league over the last few years, who would want to play under him. As for how he is tactically and what not I don't know, I don't care for that sort of things as a talking points amongst fans, but I'm aware people keep saying the real brains behind the operation left, and with that so did his job. & 11 games played they were 17th, so there must have been 3 other sides literally on course for relegation. 

Ok, but you’ve got to admit, he’s stinky at best. 

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Don't really buy into the argument when guys here say that Gerrard or Lampard would get us some youngsters on loan from Liverpool or Chelsea. 

Why? As in they wouldn't go down that path or that their players would turn us down?