Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

7 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

To be fair, one of the best put forward arguments right there mate.

His brand of football is dour but this (last) season reminded me how much of a results business it is.

Winning is the most important thing with how well we play coming second IMO, which is why the likes of Martin etc really creep me out.

.. the style of football is just as important as winning games!!!

Not a fan of Nuno,  seems to have attempted to build an enclave of Portugal in the Black Country. Not a fan of this, it us a universal game,we need to embrace all cultures and nationality, not having a one nation club representing our club.

15 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Don't really buy into the argument when guys here say that Gerrard or Lampard would get us some youngsters on loan from Liverpool or Chelsea. 

Surely John Terry's links would have helped re Chelsea?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt said:

It'd be interesting to see ST sales so far, wonder what kind of rush, if any, there is and whether any link could be made to getting the club in order (of which we've seen nothing of, yet) before people commit.

I’m deliberately leaving it late to renew. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Getting a manager out of work might be better for us if we want to be ready for the start of August, won't need a holiday post the end of the season.

Potter or Nuno (managing in Saudi, so same difference)

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Getting a manager out of work might be better for us if we want to be ready for the start of August, won't need a holiday post the end of the season.

I'll do it. Got Leicester in the champions league on regular basis and challenge for the league. Also to Rushden years ago to the Championship, but got sacked for poor form. I'll give it a go. 

Don’t understand why everyone is so pressed about gerrard. Had a bad time with villa in his second season but did a great job with rangers. Could potentially bring in some Liverpool youth on loan or even poach some that aren’t up to the level of playing for Liverpool.

Wouldn’t be my first choice but definitely isn’t as bad as some people are making out that he is. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Don't really buy into the argument when guys here say that Gerrard or Lampard would get us some youngsters on loan from Liverpool or Chelsea. 

Lampard managed to get some of the youth from Chelsea whilst he was at derby though, so why wouldn’t he be able to do it again?

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Jesus. No! Lampard is absolutely terrible 

1 minute ago, hebangsthedrums said:

But he's not very good at actually managing

I’m not saying we should get him, just disagreeing with the fact that lampard or gerrard would not have any pull in bringing in youth players from their old clubs.

Personally I think gerrard could do a good job though. My number one would be carrick, but I don’t see that happening.

3 minutes ago, StinckleyFox said:

Don’t understand why everyone is so pressed about gerrard. Had a bad time with villa in his second season but did a great job with rangers. Could potentially bring in some Liverpool youth on loan or even poach some that aren’t up to the level of playing for Liverpool.

Wouldn’t be my first choice but definitely isn’t as bad as some people are making out that he is. 

He is God awful at signing players. Like I touched on earlier, of his 48 signings for Rangers, I would say that 12 worked out. Two of them were already legends at the club that he brought back and one of them didn't really get a fair shot at it until after he left. 

Unless we give him absolutely zero say in transfers then I don't imagine why anyone would want him involved with us at any point, much less a period where we need to build a squad that could define our next decade. I know that sounds dramatic but we're probably looking at signing 10+ players, get most of them wrong and financially we won't recover for some time. 

12 minutes ago, StinckleyFox said:

Lampard managed to get some of the youth from Chelsea whilst he was at derby though, so why wouldn’t he be able to do it again?

He got 2 players in on loan from Chelsea while he was at Derby. 

Hardly. Reason to give someone a job. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Scotch said:

He is God awful at signing players. Like I touched on earlier, of his 48 signings for Rangers, I would say that 12 worked out. Two of them were already legends at the club that he brought back and one of them didn't really get a fair shot at it until after he left. 

Unless we give him absolutely zero say in transfers then I don't imagine why anyone would want him involved with us at any point, much less a period where we need to build a squad that could define our next decade. I know that sounds dramatic but we're probably looking at signing 10+ players, get most of them wrong and financially we won't recover for some time. 

You clearly have a lot more knowledge than me on signings. I have never looked too much in to his previous signings so I’ll hold my hands up to that.

Looking from the outside it appeared to me that he did a very good job with Rangers. You would have to hope that our scouts would be able to advise him a lot better than rangers did. I don’t expect us to bounce straight back up and think we would be much better taking a few years to rebuild the squad with a bigger focus on youth players. I wouldn’t be annoyed if it took us 3 years of rebuilding and developing before making a real push to get back to the premier league with a younger and hungrier squad.

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

9 minutes ago, StinckleyFox said:

I’m not saying we should get him, just disagreeing with the fact that lampard or gerrard would not have any pull in bringing in youth players from their old clubs.

Personally I think gerrard could do a good job though. My number one would be carrick, but I don’t see that happening.

^^

8 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Left on good terms, will be aware of new talent coming through the club. 

Probably a better option than Slippy G.

Scraping the barrel on both though 

13 minutes ago, StinckleyFox said:

You clearly have a lot more knowledge than me on signings. I have never looked too much in to his previous signings so I’ll hold my hands up to that.

Looking from the outside it appeared to me that he did a very good job with Rangers. You would have to hope that our scouts would be able to advise him a lot better than rangers did. I don’t expect us to bounce straight back up and think we would be much better taking a few years to rebuild the squad with a bigger focus on youth players. I wouldn’t be annoyed if it took us 3 years of rebuilding and developing before making a real push to get back to the premier league with a younger and hungrier squad.

I'm Scottish, live on the west coast and would estimate that 45% of everyone I've ever met or know support Rangers. It's kind of inescapable. 

He done well in terms of results but like I've said, the football wasn't great and to put together that starting 11, he had a LOT of misses. 

The Liverpool youth for example, for every Kent, there was an Ojo, Ejaria and Flanagan. 

32 minutes ago, StinckleyFox said:

Because it's widely known that he only had remote success because of Michael Beale.He's gone now.

• Like 1